collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279980 times)

Offline cdward

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2014, 11:31:46 PM »
Lambert is hiding behind the 'lack of proper fund's' credo that the club, probably Lambert, have been peddling. The truth is that he is a crap Manager, who has bought crap players and deploys crap tactics. Lerner, equally, has proven to be completely crap at running sports franchises. A recipe for fan misery until the club is sold and either Lambert is given money and proves me wrong, or huggers off and we get someone in who knows how to run a proper football club. The bomb squad are all someone else's signings and he wanted them out a) because he didn't sign them, and b) because he was told to lower the wage bill.

Lambert has bought mainly dross with the money he HAS been given. That is totally his responsibility. I would love to be proven wrong but I think Lambert is a busted flush and is relying on another weird appointment in Roy Keane to put Villa right. IMO.

I think this is a load of rubbish, it's just so biasly one eyed it's a joke
it's alright looking at players like Sylla, Tonev, Helenius but they cost peanuts and were a low risk gambol that didn't pay of

But where has Lambert payed good money and got it completely wrong,
Beteke no
Vlaar no
Kozak, we'll in fairness we don't know yet but it's defiantly not a no just yet

To actually say he has bought in mainly dross with the money given is just pure bullshit

I bet your one of the posters that was suggesting a 30 mill minimum fee for that benteke dross that he bought in, and maybe we should just give Vlaar away for fuck all if he's just dross like you say

I'm not saying Lambert is any good, I have big reservations about him, but to say he's bought in mainly dross is just pathetic and fucking stupid
Bennett, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius, Kozak, Luna...it all adds up. Are they dross? It's all about opinions, will Senderos, Cole, Richardson be considered dross?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
Lambert is hiding behind the 'lack of proper fund's' credo that the club, probably Lambert, have been peddling. The truth is that he is a crap Manager, who has bought crap players and deploys crap tactics. Lerner, equally, has proven to be completely crap at running sports franchises. A recipe for fan misery until the club is sold and either Lambert is given money and proves me wrong, or huggers off and we get someone in who knows how to run a proper football club. The bomb squad are all someone else's signings and he wanted them out a) because he didn't sign them, and b) because he was told to lower the wage bill.

Lambert has bought mainly dross with the money he HAS been given. That is totally his responsibility. I would love to be proven wrong but I think Lambert is a busted flush and is relying on another weird appointment in Roy Keane to put Villa right. IMO.

it's alright looking at players like Sylla, Tonev, Helenius but they cost peanuts and were a low risk gambol that didn't pay of

Beteke no
Vlaar no

To actually say he has bought in mainly dross with the money given is just pure bullshit

I bet your one of the posters that was suggesting a 30 mill minimum fee for that benteke dross that he bought in, and maybe we should just give Vlaar away for fuck all if he's just dross like you say

I'm not saying Lambert is any good, I have big reservations about him, but to say he's bought in mainly dross is just pathetic and fucking stupid
Bennett, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius, Kozak, Luna...it all adds up. Are they dross? It's all about opinions, will Senderos, Cole, Richardson be considered dross?

Under what criteria would you lump Kozak in with those others?

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2014, 11:38:46 PM »

Beteke no
Vlaar no

A sensible voice at last!

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »

Beteke no
Vlaar no

All of these (except Kozak who is not dross and repaid part of his fee with goals) cost next to nothing. Any player purchased for that sort of fee, in some cases less than a million, the odds are they are not going to be good enough. We might get lucky and unearth the next Platt, more than likely not though. This was a gamble taken in which Lambert was instructed to do remember. I don't see many other mangers of Premiership club having to shop around the lower leagues of Europe on the transfer and wage budgets we have had in place.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2014, 12:54:19 AM »

That was all I ever managed in Gymnastics.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2014, 02:16:26 AM »
I just don't see why Lerner would have instructed Lambert to ostracise the high wage earners and leave them rot while their transfer fees devalue and they become completely demotivated. Surely it is far more plausible that Lambert swaggered in from Norwich, having over-achieved with a group of lower league players, assumed he could do the same at Villa, had little experience of managing big names anyway, and decided to discard them himself. Two years of struggle and he's finally realised the error of his ways.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2014, 05:08:42 AM »
I just don't see why Lerner would have instructed Lambert to ostracise the high wage earners and leave them rot while their transfer fees devalue and they become completely demotivated. Surely it is far more plausible that Lambert swaggered in from Norwich, having over-achieved with a group of lower league players, assumed he could do the same at Villa, had little experience of managing big names anyway, and decided to discard them himself. Two years of struggle and he's finally realised the error of his ways.

You're nearly right. Except that Bent, Hutton et al have been "given another chance" on the instructions of the owner.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2014, 06:03:40 AM »
I have never seen any evidence that Lambert was "instructed" to buy a lot of cheap young players in preference to fewer proven players. How bad does a bad manager have to be? I see no justification at all for the "none of this is Lambert's fault" proposition.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2014, 06:26:58 AM »
I have never seen any evidence that Lambert was "instructed" to buy a lot of cheap young players in preference to fewer proven players. How bad does a bad manager have to be? I see no justification at all for the "none of this is Lambert's fault" proposition.

You'll probably have to wait for his book to come out, but it's pretty clear there has been a U-turn in transfer strategy. And a necessary one given the failure of the last two years. Changes of this magnitude must come from the top of the club.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2014, 06:37:42 AM »
However you look at the bomb squad its Fucking criminal not to sell Hutton the man is a joke, extremely Shit and despised by the fans

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »
Hutton at his best (which wasn't very often) was always a sending off waiting to happen. If there is consideration that he may be the best right back at the club then heaven help us. If Lambert has had to take him back on the instruction of the owner then he should resign, if it is his own decision he should resign out of embarrassment.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2014, 06:49:59 AM »
However you look at the bomb squad, its fucking criminal to think anyone would buy Hutton. The man is a joke, extremely Shit and despised by the fans

I corrected that for you.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2014, 07:26:43 AM »
However you look at the bomb squad its Fucking criminal not to sell Hutton the man is a joke, extremely Shit and despised by the fans
Despised by the fans ? Are you the voice of the fans ?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:30 AM »
I would chuckle, neigh, laugh my bollocks off, if Hutton scored a winner at the Brummie Road End against the Not So Stripey Filth.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »
How can you despise someone you don't know? He's not premiership grade but he may be a very decent individual off the field.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal