collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 280046 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:37 PM »
And SoccerHQ, pay for a player their fans loathe and detest.  It's a mad, mad world.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:33:14 PM by brian green »

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2014, 09:35:28 PM »
Lambert is hiding behind the 'lack of proper fund's' credo that the club, probably Lambert, have been peddling. The truth is that he is a crap Manager, who has bought crap players and deploys crap tactics. Lerner, equally, has proven to be completely crap at running sports franchises. A recipe for fan misery until the club is sold and either Lambert is given money and proves me wrong, or huggers off and we get someone in who knows how to run a proper football club. The bomb squad are all someone else's signings and he wanted them out a) because he didn't sign them, and b) because he was told to lower the wage bill.

Lambert has bought mainly dross with the money he HAS been given. That is totally his responsibility. I would love to be proven wrong but I think Lambert is a busted flush and is relying on another weird appointment in Roy Keane to put Villa right. IMO.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »
Why am I not shocked. Looking at TSM2's signings I bet he would have actually tried to sign him this summer, had he been at another club and out of contract.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
I actually thought he was doing ok by the end of the Eck era. Til he got twatted by Rose and went off on a stretcher . Welcome back Alan.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »
Weren't the Olbiyun trying to loan Hutton, with us picking up part of his wages?

That's the dilemma you will face, when you disown a player to the extent we have with Hutton, Bent and co over the past two years.  Scavengers will come to pick the bones.

I can't imagine Hutton's morale will be at all time high, either.  If he thinks it might get him a move sooner, it might not be beyond him to put in a few dire performances between now and the end of August.  A few more to add to the collection, then.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »
I don't think Lambert has has much say in the bomb squad members until now, I'm pretty sure that came from the top. However what has surprised me is not selling him to the Albion. That seems an odd decision to me, but then again I don't rate him at all. Maybe Lambert has seen something in his attitude? Who knows but I hope (but doubt) he will prove me wrong and become a good full back for us.

Offline supertom

« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
It depends what system we play this season. A back 4 and Hutton is better at RB than Bacuna and Lowton.
Three at the back and as a wing back, Bacuna is the better option.

To be fair to Mutton, he's never kicked up a stink and Lambert has had nowt but positives to say regarding his attitude. That may have been for the presses benefit, but I'd imagine Hutton has behaved well.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »
Weren't the Olbiyun trying to loan Hutton, with us picking up part of his wages?

That's the dilemma you will face, when you disown a player to the extent we have with Hutton, Bent and co over the past two years.  Scavengers will come to pick the bones.

I can't imagine Hutton's morale will be at all time high, either.  If he thinks it might get him a move sooner, it might not be beyond him to put in a few dire performances between now and the end of August.  A few more to add to the collection, then.

Once Rangers are back in the SPL, he'll be back there like a shot. 

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »
Hutton might well be heading to the USA on the pre-season trip but no where in the article does it say that he'll be flying back.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »
It depends what system we play this season. A back 4 and Hutton is better at RB than Bacuna and Lowton.
Three at the back and as a wing back, Bacuna is the better option.

To be fair to Mutton, he's never kicked up a stink and Lambert has had nowt but positives to say regarding his attitude. That may have been for the presses benefit, but I'd imagine Hutton has behaved well.
One thing you can say with all the players which were sent to Coventry in the first place is they have all acted in a very professional manner. I can't recall any of these players moaning in the press.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2014, 10:50:28 PM »
Hutton might well be heading to the USA on the pre-season trip but no where in the article does it say that he'll be flying back.

Are you saying Randy is going to have him whacked?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2014, 10:53:51 PM »

Lambert: What did you do with...[Hutton's body]?
Randy: (deadpan) We buried him... on a hill... overlooking a little river... with pine cones all around.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
Lambert is hiding behind the 'lack of proper fund's' credo that the club, probably Lambert, have been peddling. The truth is that he is a crap Manager, who has bought crap players and deploys crap tactics. Lerner, equally, has proven to be completely crap at running sports franchises. A recipe for fan misery until the club is sold and either Lambert is given money and proves me wrong, or huggers off and we get someone in who knows how to run a proper football club. The bomb squad are all someone else's signings and he wanted them out a) because he didn't sign them, and b) because he was told to lower the wage bill.

Lambert has bought mainly dross with the money he HAS been given. That is totally his responsibility. I would love to be proven wrong but I think Lambert is a busted flush and is relying on another weird appointment in Roy Keane to put Villa right. IMO.

I think this is a load of rubbish, it's just so biasly one eyed it's a joke
it's alright looking at players like Sylla, Tonev, Helenius but they cost peanuts and were a low risk gambol that didn't pay of

But where has Lambert payed good money and got it completely wrong,
Beteke no
Vlaar no
Kozak, we'll in fairness we don't know yet but it's defiantly not a no just yet

To actually say he has bought in mainly dross with the money given is just pure bullshit

I bet your one of the posters that was suggesting a 30 mill minimum fee for that benteke dross that he bought in, and maybe we should just give Vlaar away for fuck all if he's just dross like you say

I'm not saying Lambert is any good, I have big reservations about him, but to say he's bought in mainly dross is just pathetic and fucking stupid
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:02:18 PM by john e »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2014, 11:07:29 PM »
John, point communicated, but you might want to calm it down a bit.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2014, 11:28:02 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal