collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 280004 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »
I'm still not sure if he's being isolated in such a way because Lambert has been asked to do so or he has chosen to do so.

Either way I think part of the manager job is to extract maximum from the resources at your disposal and the Bomb Squad is a major failing in that sense.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »
I find it particularly depressing of we aren't playing players because it might cost a few grand more.  Bonuses based on appearances wouldn't be all that much percentage of overall salary wise surely?  Hutton isn't a good player, but at times Lowton has been shite and other times 'shakey' at best.  And I don't mean the welsh Elvis. 

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2014, 07:24:02 PM »
In few years time my recollection of Hutton will be stupid bookings the odd sending off and getting away with that penalty/handball ? Albion away-which would have sent us down if given.I wont remember anything about his footballing ability, despite what Bannan,Strachan and Adams say.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:23 PM »
If wages are still going to be an issue where does this leave Delph

If he left because we wouldn't pay him what he's on now I think I'd go and boil my head in oil

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »
In few years time my recollection of Hutton will be stupid bookings the odd sending off and getting away with that penalty/handball ?

It really will be the odd sending off given he only got sent off once for us and that was for two yellows.

Online danno

« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
He's not playing solely because of his wages, he's not playing because we want him to leave.

Is Paul Lambert saying we want him to go because of his wages?
I think that's certainly nicer than telling the press he's not picking him because he's a liability.

I understand wanting to be pragmatic and manage our resources effectively, but if we want to shift
Given Hutton etc, then paying them their full salaries and picking them in the first team won't exactly
 encourage them to get on the phone to their agents.

Its exactly the same at other clubs too, Stuart Pearce was frozen out at Newcastle under Gullit,
likewise Adebayor, Santa Cruz Bridge and Bellamy were treated in a similar fashion at Man City.
Its about making the players life at the club as uncomfortable as possible so they bugger off.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
I'm still not sure if he's being isolated in such a way because Lambert has been asked to do so or he has chosen to do so.

Either way I think part of the manager job is to extract maximum from the resources at your disposal and the Bomb Squad is a major failing in that sense.

Yes. You have given a good definition of the role of a manager. Bullshitting the fans is not on the job desciption.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
In few years time my recollection of Hutton will be stupid bookings the odd sending off and getting away with that penalty/handball ?

It really will be the odd sending off given he only got sent off once for us and that was for two yellows.

That would have been the Spurs home game. I thought he was sent off a few more times for us, probably because I expected it every time he wore a Villa shirt

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
Wasn't he sent off against Arsenal home over the Christmas period a couple of years ago?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2014, 08:40:23 PM »
It makes no sense unless it's an appearance fee? To say it's a wage issue makes no sense to me, I sincerely hope he can find another club in the summer or its another season at £40k a week, it's a disgrace really that he was paid that much to start with

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
Wasn't he sent off against Arsenal home over the Christmas period a couple of years ago?

Yeah I think he was, was that in the 2-1 when Albrighton scored?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »
Hutton was a liability every time he played for us, a 'tackle' away from a sending off every game. Plus, what's the point in playing him when clearly there is no future? Lowton has shown he can play well, at times last season he was our best player and clearly has a lot of ability.

I don't think he should have been played. I do think he shouldn't have been so clearly ostracised, not if we wanted to sell him.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2014, 09:11:42 PM »

That would have been the Spurs home game. I thought he was sent off a few more times for us, probably because I expected it every time he wore a Villa shirt

Pretty sure he didn't get sent off against Spurs. Arsenal was his sole sending off.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »
Danny Rose was sent off in the Spurs game for clattering two footed into Hutton so that might be where the confusion comes from.

He really should've been sent off in both Albion games tbh.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:51 PM »
If wages are still going to be an issue where does this leave Delph

If he left because we wouldn't pay him what he's on now I think I'd go and boil my head in oil

Bizarrely, as I was sat on the bog this morning having just crawled out of bed, I found myself thinking about precisely that.

I was wondering who our highest paid player is now, and it occurred to me it might be Gabby or Benteke, but that Delph, as the last of the MON contracts, won't be far behind, so could he theoretically find himself being offered a worse deal, despite having proved himself?

I'd be gutted beyond words if that happened and we lost him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal