collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279988 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »
I know, and I've been saying all along since Lambert arrived that you're surely more likely to sell players if you're playing them.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2014, 07:07:00 AM »
Apparently it's all about the money...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-alan-hutton-wont-3166643

Both Hutton & Given prefer to take the money rather than put in a transfer request and we were stupid to give them the deals we did. Thanks Faulkner/McCleish.

Sad all around.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:39 AM »
Its a crazy story what ever way you look at it. At the very least Lambert must not rate him, ok he's on 40k a week even if he unlikely got a 10k appearance fee, is it the best financial option to still pay him his 40k and another player his wages (forgetting whether Hutton is good enough or not)? I suppose maybe his contract included a big rise after a certain number of games or time, which again is mad. Or it is bollocks and something has happened and this is a poor final pitch to try and make him more appealing to someone else.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2014, 07:59:07 AM »
According to that article, Lambert does rate him! Crazy situation; Hutton has never been so bad that he couldn't have done a job for us in a defence crying out for experience.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2014, 08:44:56 AM »
I should imagine of that 40k a week a proportion of that is appearance fees -  it amazes me that Hutton still gets picked for Scotland, the other right backs that are Scottish must be really crap.

Also the same for Given another waste of weekly wages

We are in a real mess, we need these players gone in the Summer otherwise we will still be in the same situation this time next season!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »
No wonder the modern game is so crap when garbage like Hutton earn £40,000 per week.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:58:17 AM by Ads »

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
Yet another reason for detesting the modern game - someone getting paid £40k per week for doing sweet FA . I would hazard a guess that the amount is more than most, posting on here, earn in a year. Its madness and makes no sense whatsoever. Doesn`t paint much of a picture of Lerner being an astute businessman.
Still, Hutton is just another dud in a whole catalogue of poor signings over the years - I suppose all clubs suffer the same fate - it just seems like we make more gaffes than most  .... Curcic, Balaban for example, 

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »
For that to be the only reason, then surely some of the reported figure must be a appearance fee, or he is about to trigger a (50 apperances?) pay increase.  I know he is a poor player, but there are times this season where if Lambert did rate him surely he would have given him a go, it's just a baffling consequence of modern football.
Thing is, him, Given and Bent could all still be with us next year if they don't move them out in the summer, and let's face it, Bent hasn't put himself in the shop window has he, so we will be no netter off then.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:14 AM »
Lambert doesn't rate him, hence why he hasn't played him in two years. He is just having one final go at flogging him.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »
For that to be the only reason, then surely some of the reported figure must be a appearance fee, or he is about to trigger a (50 apperances?) pay increase.  I know he is a poor player, but there are times this season where if Lambert did rate him surely he would have given him a go, it's just a baffling consequence of modern football.
Thing is, him, Given and Bent could all still be with us next year if they don't move them out in the summer, and let's face it, Bent hasn't put himself in the shop window has he, so we will be no netter off then.

I think you're not far off with that 50 appearences theory Duncan. I remember we froze Curtis Davies out when he was I think a game off getting a new contract.

I thought Hutton was garbage but still seemed bizarre to me he was totally frozen out when the likes of Bent, Given, CNZ and Ireland were all still part of the 18 regularly last season.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:46 AM »
He's on 38 according to wiki, so maybe a 40 trigger?

Offline supertom

« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »
I think Lambert also knows full well why no one has come in for Hutton. No one else will be foolish enough to match what we're paying and Hutton, unsurprisingly, won't take a big cut in his income. If it means sitting on his arse for another year, he'll do it. Absolutely crazy money for a player as limited. I don't think he's that bad that he wouldn't have improved on Lowton at times this season, but certainly there's no way he'd have been any sort of reasonable answer to problems at right back.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
I'm not sure Lambert would have played him even if he wasn't earning a fortune. He obviously dose'nt rate the guy which is fair enough.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2014, 12:11:28 PM »
The thing that worries me about this story is that they are still saying that he needs to come off the wage bill as they are looking to decrease the wage bill further. When does it stop?
We have sold plenty of decent players (four England midfielders) in the last few of years, the TV money has increased, we have got rid of high earners such as Ireland, Bent on loan as well as others.

If the hierarchy at the club are only interested in cutting costs, this will reflect on the type of quality player that PL will be able to bring to the club and season after season of survival battles will entail.

I would like Randy to make a public statement and tell us fans what his plans are for the club.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2014, 12:31:35 PM »
Nothing will convince me that the best way to move on players you don't want any more is to ostracise them and make them train with the under 12s.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal