collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Great London Swim  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Great London Swim
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
Anyone doing this on Saturday?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Great London Swim
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:39:35 PM »
No.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
Several thousand did it in Millwall Dock yesterday. Wouldn't catch me swimming in there, it's deep and dark - me and Robbo 1874 used to go fishing in there ( he caught a seagull once, long story...). My missus did the swim though. A mile in 30 mins. Decent time.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »
Millwall, Albert & Victoria Docks are all super clean these days, there's a few major events in London that use these for swimming, London Triathlon, Great London Swim and a few others, plus the Thames is swum in by major events pretty much every weekend from April thru September, this weekend Challenge Henley triathlon uses it, I swam in it twice this year at Windsor & Marlow, I have to say as soon as I get out I drink a can of Coke to kill any nasties.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
Millwall, Albert & Victoria Docks are all super clean these days, there's a few major events in London that use these for swimming, London Triathlon, Great London Swim and a few others, plus the Thames is swum in by major events pretty much every weekend from April thru September, this weekend Challenge Henley triathlon uses it, I swam in it twice this year at Windsor & Marlow, I have to say as soon as I get out I drink a can of Coke to kill any nasties.

The swim was originally supposed to be in the Victoria dock but it was moved to Millwall at 2 days notice because of the poor water quality. My missus did the triathlon at Heaver Castle last year and the swim was in the castle moat. Swimmers were coming out of the water covered in weed and silt. Mentalists, the lot of em

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
Is that right re Victoria Docks? Blimey, they had the Virgin London Triathlon there a few weeks ago.  No problems for me this Sunday, Ironman Wales, starts with a sea swim, I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Is the Hever Triathlon part of the Castle triathlon series?  They do a few in Europe in that series that look good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal