collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 880232 times)

Offline JuanMartinez

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #4485 on: March 15, 2021, 08:03:29 PM »
Wasn't it a worse word than "coloured"?
Oh yeah

I missed that show then it appears, that’s even more deplorable then If he’s used a word worse than that, which riles me at the best of times.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #4486 on: March 15, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »
Wilford definitely won the Blues Bullshit Bingo tonight.  Was talking about their possible new manager and came out with Blues are 'blue collar' club, their fans have real passion and that playing in a empty stadium has affected them most out of all the Midlands clubs because they really miss the passion of their fans driving them on (yeah, all those small crowds and empty seats must be really inspiring!!).

That nonsense was then followed by a Blues fan who said he'd given up going after the League Cup win because it wasn't going to get any better than that.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #4487 on: March 15, 2021, 11:10:29 PM »
It also ignores that their home record has been garbage for years.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4488 on: March 15, 2021, 11:10:54 PM »
Wilford definitely won the Blues Bullshit Bingo tonight.  Was talking about their possible new manager and came out with Blues are 'blue collar' club, their fans have real passion and that playing in a empty stadium has affected them most out of all the Midlands clubs because they really miss the passion of their fans driving them on (yeah, all those small crowds and empty seats must be really inspiring!!).

That nonsense was then followed by a Blues fan who said he'd given up going after the League Cup win because it wasn't going to get any better than that.

The fan was right though wasn’t he? Relegated 3 months later and not even close to getting back since.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #4489 on: March 17, 2021, 01:19:56 AM »
TBF, Hughton got them into the play-offs the following season.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4490 on: March 22, 2021, 07:16:09 PM »
They were discussing footballers nicknames on WM tonight. Blues fan Jane rang up to talk about the supposedly funny nicknames the noses had for Savo and Gabby. Unfortunately for her she couldn't remember/get right either their proper names or the nicknames she was attempting to remember. Thanks for calling Jane, great call  ;D

Stuart Pearce's name and nickname cropped up more than once but nobody pointed out that Villa fans were calling Allan Evans 'Psycho' before anyone had even heard of Stuart Pearce.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4491 on: March 22, 2021, 10:43:24 PM »
I was listening on Saturday and I really felt for the Walsall supporter. As Daz Hale said, if you have a bad season in the Championship you can regroup in League One but a bad season in League Two and you're very likely gone forever.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4492 on: March 22, 2021, 11:10:34 PM »
They were discussing footballers nicknames on WM tonight. Blues fan Jane rang up to talk about the supposedly funny nicknames the noses had for Savo and Gabby. Unfortunately for her she couldn't remember/get right either their proper names or the nicknames she was attempting to remember. Thanks for calling Jane, great call  ;D

Stuart Pearce's name and nickname cropped up more than once but nobody pointed out that Villa fans were calling Allan Evans 'Psycho' before anyone had even heard of Stuart Pearce.

Why did they bother coming up with a nickname for Savo? We never played them during his time with us, did we? How did he even come up often enough in conversation to warrant a nickname?

Gabby, fair enough. A nose once told me that he and his mates didn't call him Gabby, Gabriel or Agbonlahor at all. They called him 'the vile retard'. It  was witty, that's what I liked about it.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #4493 on: March 24, 2021, 05:15:01 PM »
They’ve changed this week with music during the “football phone in” - whether because it’s international week or some of the more experienced presenters are on holiday I’m unsure - if it reduces some of the calls like Pete from Erdington and crazy Polly I’m quite ambivalent about that.

The new presenter Henry struggles on his own tbh.

I mainly only listen to Fridays when Franksy is on.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #4494 on: March 24, 2021, 05:38:57 PM »
They’ve changed this week with music during the “football phone in” - whether because it’s international week or some of the more experienced presenters are on holiday I’m unsure - if it reduces some of the calls like Pete from Erdington and crazy Polly I’m quite ambivalent about that.

Henry sounds like they’ve left the work experience kid in charge of the microphone. He always has to bring Liverpool into conversations too which really isn’t appropriate on a phone in based upon West Midlands football.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #4495 on: March 24, 2021, 05:51:10 PM »

Henry sounds like they’ve left the work experience kid in charge of the microphone. He always has to bring Liverpool into conversations too which really isn’t appropriate on a phone in based upon West Midlands football.

That’s a spot on analysis, especially the work experience comment !

I’ve not got an issue with him not supporting a Midlands team but you’re absolutely right the mentioning of Liverpool totally unnecessary.

He does sound like he’s in his 20s.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4496 on: March 24, 2021, 08:12:03 PM »

Why did they bother coming up with a nickname for Savo? We never played them during his time with us, did we? How did he even come up often enough in conversation to warrant a nickname?

Gabby, fair enough. A nose once told me that he and his mates didn't call him Gabby, Gabriel or Agbonlahor at all. They called him 'the vile retard'. It  was witty, that's what I liked about it.

I think Small Heath were two divisions below us when they thought it was funny to call him 'Savo Misalot'. They were conveniently forgetting the fact he scored a cracker for us to help us win a cup final. But it just goes to show that even when we were two divisions apart we were still always in their hearts and minds.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4497 on: March 24, 2021, 08:22:23 PM »

I’ve not got an issue with him not supporting a Midlands team but you’re absolutely right the mentioning of Liverpool totally unnecessary.

He’s 22 believe it or not.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #4498 on: March 24, 2021, 08:42:05 PM »

He’s 22 believe it or not.

I think he said that we beat Liverpool 7-2 on his 22nd birthday, or maybe the day before his 23rd.

I definitely prefer him. The show is much calmer with him on, & he actually lets people talk about what they rang in about without the constant interrupting to try & inject ‘drama’. The callers seem more sensible when he is on too.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #4499 on: March 24, 2021, 08:44:54 PM »
I wouldn’t disagree with any of that however sensible does not describe 80% of the callers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal