collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fabian Delph - Signed for Manchester City  (Read 634605 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Fabian Delph
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »
Brilliant end to last season and even better start to this one.  He's looking great.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41:51 PM »
You would think some of our players will be knocking on the door for an England call-up before long. Maybe Delph and Gabby for the next squad and Lowton/Westwood at some point. If that happens, just have to hope that they don't start getting ideas of moving somewhere else like keeps happening when we have players starting to get call-ups.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
Fully agree that Delhp has been the standout player in the last two games. Head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch last night.

Delighted for the guy and I have to say I rated him incredibly poorly up until the tail end of last season.

Is it a case of proving us wrong or he really was very poor and then something clicked? Either way, fucking A!

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
I've been a fan since I saw him play against Blackburn in the FA Cup game in MON's last or penultimate season.  I just thought he had something about him, but he just never seemed to get a good run in the team for one reason or another, and made too many daft challenges when he did play.  But you could always see there was a good footballer in there and I'm glad he's finally starting to live up to that promise under a manager who obviously believes in him.  Could end up as MON's best ever signing for us.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »
We need to sign him up now and not leave it like we have done in the past, ie Weimann.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »
I've been a fan since I saw him play against Blackburn in the FA Cup game in MON's last or penultimate season.  I just thought he had something about him, but he just never seemed to get a good run in the team for one reason or another, and made too many daft challenges when he did play.  But you could always see there was a good footballer in there and I'm glad he's finally starting to live up to that promise under a manager who obviously believes in him.  Could end up as MON's best ever signing for us.

I've been a fan since I first saw him. It's the way he moves with the ball, you don't see it in many players.

Granted, I thought at one point he wasn't going to make it, but his attitudes been first class, and if the rumors that he stuck up for Sid and the new training regime against Dunne and Co. in Spa-gate are true then he'll always be alright with me.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »
Most improved player in the squad, he's finally showing why we spent all that money on him 4 years ago.

I'm as guilty as most for having written him off but Lambert deserves credit for sticking with him and he deserves credit for knuckling down and not going the same way as Bannan.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »
I always thought he would come good you could see how good a player he was at Leeds.  The injuries he has had didn't help but now he's getting a regular run in the side he's showing his worth.  I think it will help having a manager like Lambert will be good for him he'll get the best out of him.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
The danger now is he'll walk into the England squad if he carries on playing like he has been - which is not such a good thing for Villa maybe.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »
His improvement has been truly remarkable. Hard to imagine that this time last year Bannan was probably ahead of him in the pecking order.

Offline badminton

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
Singled out for praise on the Guardian podcast today.

The way we've started I'd say he's now our second most important player with Gabby behind Benteke. Our midfield would really lack dynamism without him.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »
I think his ability has always been apparent but a combination of what you'd call over enthusiastic tackling, if you were being generous, or stupidity if you're feeling less kind plus his injury problems have held him back. He's now matured as a player and is benefiting from staying fit and available. Long may it continue.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
Discussing us on TalkSport at the moment and it was mentioned that perhaps Hodgson should take a close looking at Delph with England so short of options in midfield.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
It's taken a long time but Delph is now finally looking like the player he was predicted to be when we splashed out what was a lot of money on him for a player in the third tier of English football.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »
If The Gnasher had not been banned, he would be getting some serious stick about The Delphster, and no mistake.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal