collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:23:44 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:23:01 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by tomd2103
[Today at 11:22:20 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:20:39 PM]

Diego Carlos by Didier Five
[Today at 11:20:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:00:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: N'Zogbia injured  (Read 16912 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: N'Zogbia injured
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2013, 03:52:32 PM »
Won a penalty and scored a great free kick to kick start our run in v West Ham so I will cut him some slack.

He is a an edge of you seat player as he runs at the opposition. Doesn't always come off but he makes things happen. I still think he is a player worth persisting with and I'm hoping Lambert still wants to work with him.

I think he's a great option to have coming off the bench or depending on the opposition.  It's taken us the best part of 2 years to figure out that his best position is behind the center forward in a central roll.  Okay, because of the form of the current front 3 his chances are limited but a dip in form from any of them or when we need a change he's the ideal player to come on and offer something different. 

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Was quite happy when he signed but he has failed to live up to the price tag.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »
Can't say NZogbia ha sever ha dme on the edge of my seat. More head in hands than anything.

He scored all of three league goals last season and played a part in a couple of others. Lowton probably made a greater attacking contribution.

In fact I'd back Bennett to do better in the position NZogbia was played in. He'd probably put a few tackles in too.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
Can't say NZogbia ha sever ha dme on the edge of my seat. More head in hands than anything.

He scored all of three league goals last season and played a part in a couple of others. Lowton probably made a greater attacking contribution.

In fact I'd back Bennett to do better in the position NZogbia was played in. He'd probably put a few tackles in too.

Agree - far too expensive a luxury to have on the bench. An expensive punt and another who was given a 5 year contract by the dullards in charge at the time.

Ship on if we can get half what we paid for. He should have contributed far far more than he has done.

Offline Merv

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »
As I say, didn't see him as a starter next season as Lambert clearly doesn't rate him enough to start him regularly. Which is probably about right. He plays in fits and starts, capable of something special (won that game for us v West Ham, wonderfully taken goal v Fulham) but fades too much.

If someone offered us a decent proportion of the £10m we paid for him back, all things considered, I think we would and should sell, with Helenius, Tonev and Bacuna joining, and Albrighton hopefully fit again. The worst outcome for us if to have him on crutches for months though, so we get neither the benefit of his cameos from the bench, nor £££ coming back into the club. Which is what appears to have happened. Which disappoints me the most.

Offline richl

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »
from the beeb

Aston Villa's Charles N'Zogbia suffers an Achilles tendon injury while keeping fit on holiday in Miami.

The 27-year-old attacking midfielder underwent surgery in the US and will return to Birmingham next week to continue his rehabilitation programme.

Roddy MacDonald, the club's head of sport and exercise medicine, has travelled to the US to be with N'Zogbia and will accompany him back to the UK.

"The priority is to ensure that Charles receives the very best care and he has done and will continue to do so throughout his recovery period," Villa manager Paul Lambert told the club website.

Offline Merv

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »
Shit. That's most of his season done, if he's ruptured it. And an op sounds like he has.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
Shit. That's most of his season done, if he's ruptured it. And an op sounds like he has.

Shame, as sold he could have been.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »

Surely six months absolute tops which means he should be fit around Christmas.  The great Curtis Davies was out around that length of time when he did the same injury whilst our player.

Offline danno

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2013, 09:43:55 PM »
I think in his head he wants to play up front, sort of like Gareth Bale/Ronaldo.
He's always going to suffer in comparison to A Young, because for all his diving, over hit crosses
and general facelikeasmackedarse Young always worked hard to win the ball back.

Its a nice weapon to have, being able to send on the Zog when we're chasing the game.
But like Bent he's a very expensive player to have, just as an impact sub.

Hopefully we'll see him back fit soon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:47:32 PM by danno »

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »
Another crap signing to be filed in the bin marked "waste of time, effort and money" alongside Ireland, Curcic, Balaban etc.
Over the years I hate to imagine how much cash we have squandered on time wasters.

Wha
Another crap signing to be filed in the bin marked "waste of time, effort and money" alongside Ireland, Curcic, Balaban etc.
Over the years I hate to imagine how much cash we have squandered on time wasters.

What happens when he signs for Everton?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2013, 11:57:29 PM »

Every club has made signings they wish they could do over. Where we have wasted our fair share, there are numerous clubs that have spent way more in fees and wages than us. It's shit I grant you but we will have dud signings in the future to.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »
Havent read the thread, but have to say I had high hopes when N'Zogbia signed and he actually did ok last season for us IMO, not good enough but massive improvement on first season

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »
He's shit, move on.
Sorry to be so blunt.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:54 AM »
I think in his head he wants to play up front, sort of like Gareth Bale/Ronaldo.

Yep, I think he sees himself as playing that "number 10 role" and isn't really interested in playing anywhere else.  I still think his best position would be wide right in a three up front formation, but he doesn't seem to want to play out wide and his effort levels drop when he's moved out there.  All in all, a bit of a luxury player who doesn't work hard enough off the ball and isn't really enough of a match winner to warrant being carried by the rest of the team.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal