collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 'What a f****n goal Lowts!'  (Read 8260 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

'What a f****n goal Lowts!'
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:45:53 PM »
Is what I could see Darren Bent mouthing to Lowton when celebrating the goal.  I know he has his detractors on here but I think it sums up the team spirit and togetherness at the club that Bent looked genuinely chuffed for Lowton.

Offline danno

Re: 'What a f****n goal Lowts!'
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:16:26 PM »
I know he's been injured and its as much to do with the form of Benteke, but I like how the Bent unhappy stories have died out too. Other players in our recent past would've been a lot more vocal in the press.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:22:57 PM »
No point in starting a thread on this and in any case Bent has contributed f all in our season of need.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »
I was going to post something similar. After the mess in the papers about Bent and the hoohaa about him not being picked, it has gone very quiet from his side. I'm not sure whether he has decided to just stick it out or has realised that he is still part of the a team, but whatever happens, I can still see him leaving. Who would have thought in August that Bent would be fourth/fifth choice striker?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
Who would have thought in August that Bent would be fourth/fifth choice striker?

Yep, I can't imagine what was going through his head when the team was announced for Saturday, we had four strikers in the starting line up, he wasn't one of them, but someone who less than 12 months ago was playing for Chesterfield in the 4th division was.

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:23 PM »
I dont want us to lay into bent after all he was great in that side with young and downing.

Unfortunately for him he just isnt the type of play that fits into lamberts style of play.

It happens he isnt the first and he wont be the last.

I think he has finally accepted that his days are numbered but how could you have any other reaction to a goal like that

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »
If Bent is fit and his attitude is good then he'll offer us another option in the run in so that good news as far as I can see.

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
I hope he does get (and finishes) the chance to sign off in a flourish that guarantees our survival.

Offline myf

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »
have you noticed that he's been replaced on motd opening credits by benteke ?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »
I like bent. feel he's been a victim of necessity, i.e lambert would sell him given the chance so he's done everything to unsettle him.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
Who would have thought in August that Bent would be fourth/fifth choice striker?

Yep, I can't imagine what was going through his head when the team was announced for Saturday, we had four strikers in the starting line up, he wasn't one of them, but someone who less than 12 months ago was playing for Chesterfield in the 4th division was.
The realisation probably kicked in later that day when he saw he had been removed from the MOTD opening sequence before the season has even finished. As I have said previously, it is a shame it has ended this way with Bent, but it is just a case of square pegs, round holes. Never has and never will fit into Lambert's system. 

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 10:58:54 PM »
I think Lambert will sell him as he does not fit in with our style of play any-more. We need 11 workers on the pitch and can't see Bent ahead of any of the current three at the moment. I would definitely say that Lambert asserted his authority at the club after Bent mouthed off at the papers but everytime we tried to get him into the team he then picked up an injury.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »
Bent is a professional.

That said, I'd imagine he's pretty pissed off with the way things have gone this season and imagine he'll look to move on in the summer.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 12:04:15 AM »
I like bent. feel he's been a victim of necessity, i.e lambert would sell him given the chance so he's done everything to unsettle him.

Seems like you're hunting for a bit of a conspiracy to me.  Benteke is ahead of him on merit, anyone who can't see that must be mad.  Once that's established can you see anyway to play how Lambert is lining us up where Bent can fit in?  Wide left in place of Gabby, or right in place of Weimann?  Can't see him doing much in either role, behind the front linking things up with the midfield?

He is a victim of circumstance in that he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season and was struggling for form and the guy who came in for him has been our best player in most of the games since.  On top of that whenever we've been struggling a bit and could've done with bringing him in he's had a niggle and not been available.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 01:06:12 AM »

Seems like you're hunting for a bit of a conspiracy to me.  Benteke is ahead of him on merit, anyone who can't see that must be mad.  Once that's established can you see anyway to play how Lambert is lining us up where Bent can fit in?  Wide left in place of Gabby, or right in place of Weimann?  Can't see him doing much in either role, behind the front linking things up with the midfield?

He is a victim of circumstance in that he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season and was struggling for form and the guy who came in for him has been our best player in most of the games since.  On top of that whenever we've been struggling a bit and could've done with bringing him in he's had a niggle and not been available.

nah i didn't mean it in an anti-lambchop way. He's just on massive money and is (was?) transfer-fee wise, a suitable player to offload given our squad and finances. I think he's suit lamberts system as much as the next guy, but he's 29 and that doesn't fit into Aston Villa 2013.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal