collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland game moved to Monday night  (Read 27434 times)

Offline MoetVillan

Re: Sunderland game moved to Monday night
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
Im writing to Sky in disgust.  Only our away matches should be on a monday night.  Home matches 3pm Saturday

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »
On the topic of kick off times being moved because of Sky. I've always found the kick off times in Spanish football strange as one week a team could be playing at 3pm on Saturday & the next week they could be kicking off at 9pm on a Sunday evening.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2013, 12:24:46 PM »
some of the saturday afternoon kick-offs in the spanish games are actually down to the fact they're trying to crack the far east and compete with the premier league.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
some of the saturday afternoon kick-offs in the spanish games are actually down to the fact they're trying to crack the far east and compete with the premier league.

Arent they down to clubs being involved with champions lge the following week?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »

Nope, they are trying to do what the Premier League has done for years, get the interest in the far east as they can watch live games. Real Madrid for example are aware of their lack of exposure over their which could be a huge market for them.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »

Nope, they are trying to do what the Premier League has done for years, get the interest in the far east as they can watch live games. Real Madrid for example are aware of their lack of exposure over their which could be a huge market for them.

Culturally the Spanish are as much opposed to 3pm kickoffs as we are to 8pm kickoffs.  I wonder who the fans blame over there without Sky to beat up?!

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »
I had finally managed to persuade my girlfriend to attend her first ever football match, organisigin train tickets and an overnight hotel in Birmingham and then the Sky switch happened. She is delighted.

Does anyone have anything they can recommend for us to do instead of the game over this weekend now?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Night games can be good. A derby night game for instance always feels a little more exciting than a 3pm or 12 noon kick off.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2013, 01:43:49 PM »
Im writing to Sky in disgust.  Only our away matches should be on a monday night.  Home matches 3pm Saturday

The opposite for me.  Away games should be 3 pm on Saturdays.  Always.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
I had finally managed to persuade my girlfriend to attend her first ever football match, organisigin train tickets and an overnight hotel in Birmingham and then the Sky switch happened. She is delighted.

Does anyone have anything they can recommend for us to do instead of the game over this weekend now?

Yes, stay in the hotel room.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »

To be honest mate, you've had a lucky escape. You want her to enjoy it as much as you do, and maybe have a drink after if Villa win. This won't happen.

There's a thread in the 'Off Topic' section of the forum: Things to do in Brum. Some good ideas on there. As for pubs, try the Old Joint Stock, The Royal Mail, The Victoria, The Wellington (may be a bit too 'Real Ale Twat' for her though this one), or I dunno, loads more. Take her to the Jewellery Quarter. Bring money.

Day out in Stratford Upon Avon could be good as well actually, you can easily get a train over there. Warwick Castle as well.

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »
Thanks for the help guys - it's really appreciated.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »
Night games can be good. A derby night game for instance always feels a little more exciting than a 3pm or 12 noon kick off.

Yes, like 03-03-03....

Offline danlanza

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »

Culturally the Spanish are as much opposed to 3pm kickoffs as we are to 8pm kickoffs.  I wonder who the fans blame over there without Sky to beat up?!
Late kick offs in Spain, especially in the summer are because of the high temperatures. You really do not want to be playing in 42c on 3pm on a Saturday or Sunday.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »

To be honest mate, you've had a lucky escape. You want her to enjoy it as much as you do, and maybe have a drink after if Villa win. This won't happen.

There's a thread in the 'Off Topic' section of the forum: Things to do in Brum. Some good ideas on there. As for pubs, try the Old Joint Stock, The Royal Mail, The Victoria, The Wellington (may be a bit too 'Real Ale Twat' for her though this one), or I dunno, loads more. Take her to the Jewellery Quarter. Bring money.

Day out in Stratford Upon Avon could be good as well actually, you can easily get a train over there. Warwick Castle as well.
To add to Stu's reccomendations Warwick, Stratford Upon Avon and Kennilworth are all within an hours train journey and costs about £6-7 return. The trains a re pretty frequent aswell.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal