collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 37017 times)

Offline Holte132

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
I know somebody has probably posted this already earlier in the thread but watching it again this morning the second Arsenal goal was totally the fault of  Fabian Delph who didnt track back as he should have done.

I thought, as did MOTD, that Weimann was at fault for not tracking back.

Surely it is not Weimann's job to track back.  He should work from the halfway line forwards. 

I agree - but he was there with the Arsenal forward, and just let him go past him.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
Benteke was rubbish. Might as well have played Bowrey for the last 20 minutes for all he did.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:55 PM »
If only Benteke had released that ball earlier to Weimann , he could have probably made it 2-1.

The big man's touch was shocking yesterday.

I was not expecting anything from Arsenal and $itty , even thou I am hoping for a point next game , its the QPR and Reading game we have to get 6 points but its so disappointing to keep dropping deeper and deeper to eventually let the other team score its late goal.

and Lambert's subs don't get much better .

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
Watching the highlights, how bad was the defending on the corner where Giroud had a free header. It was absolutely criminal and shows we're not learning. Our marking is awful.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
I actually think yesterday was a missed opportunity. Arsenal have been all at sea, and their defending was abysmal. With Gabby in particular running into the wide open spaces, we were all set for another counter-attacking win, like those we've had at the Emirates in recent seasons.

All it needed was a solid defensive platform.

Oh dear.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
That's the worse Arsenal team have put out in the league for donkeys years. Toothless up front and a wobbly defence.

Our own defence is a big worry. Late November/early December we conceded just 3 in 6 games, and it seemed as if we could at least shut teams out. Then came the Chelsea games and our defenders are still jumping at their own shadows.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »
If only Benteke had released that ball earlier to Weimann , he could have probably made it 2-1.

The big man's touch was shocking yesterday.

One of the Things Benteke needs to work on is his laying off of the ball, its rubbish.
I think he's thinking ahead of himself of what run he will make and inevitably he lays a really sloppy ball off.

I can forgive him for this aspect of his game as I'm sure it will improve and once he has the ball and drives at the defense he is excellent.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »
That's the worse Arsenal team have put out in the league for donkeys years. Toothless up front and a wobbly defence.

Our own defence is a big worry. Late November/early December we conceded just 3 in 6 games, and it seemed as if we could at least shut teams out. Then came the Chelsea games and our defenders are still jumping at their own shadows.

yep. we can all see it, presumably Lambchop can as well but it doesn't improve. I'm guessing he's spending every moment on the training pitch trying to drill the defence but its not working. You don't need a defence of world beaters to stop making balls-ups every game.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »
Forgot to mention, I saw Houllier in the concourse at the Emirates yesterday. Goodness me, he looked very frail indeed. The health setback that curtailed his time here must really have affected him. He waddled up to a tv gantry or somewhere. Seemed a bit daft, I can't imagine his missus is best pleased he's still working. Looks fit for rest, relaxation and little else.

Offline eastie

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
Forgot to mention, I saw Houllier in the concourse at the Emirates yesterday. Goodness me, he looked very frail indeed. The health setback that curtailed his time here must really have affected him. He waddled up to a tv gantry or somewhere. Seemed a bit daft, I can't imagine his missus is best pleased he's still working. Looks fit for rest, relaxation and little else.

Woodward was saying how well he looked, i saw him at the spurs game on tv last week in lyon and thought he looked well and was smiling and laughing .

@JackWoodwardAV: First person I exchanged pleasantries and a firm handshake with on arriving in Emirates press room? Gerard Houllier! Looking well #AVFCLIVE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:27:48 PM by eastie »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Taking Westwood off for El Ahmadi is just plain stupid.
We look a better balanced side with Westwood on the pitch.
El Ahmadi is truly shambloic.

Agreed, surprised we didn't see Sylla as all KEA does nowadays is give pointless free kicks away.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »
I know somebody has probably posted this already earlier in the thread but watching it again this morning the second Arsenal goal was totally the fault of  Fabian Delph who didnt track back as he should have done.

I thought, as did MOTD, that Weimann was at fault for not tracking back.

Surely Lowton? Anyone have a clue where he disappeared to for the second goal?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »
Out of interest Paulie, did they post it?

Yeah. Well, I added it to the comments section. Has had quite a few clicks of agreement.

It certainly cheered me up shouting at someone else.

Mind you, I was in Coventry this morning - never a reason for cheer - and I started thinking about how I was sure I remember their fans holding a "we'll be back" banner when they went down, and thought to myself "ha ha, yeah right".

Then I thought about our current situation and stopped laughing

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »
Out of interest Paulie, did they post it?

Yeah. Well, I added it to the comments section. Has had quite a few clicks of agreement.

It certainly cheered me up shouting at someone else.

Mind you, I was in Coventry this morning - never a reason for cheer - and I started thinking about how I was sure I remember their fans holding a "we'll be back" banner when they went down, and thought to myself "ha ha, yeah right".

Then I thought about our current situation and stopped laughing

yes, it kinda makes you think, I guess

*pensive emoticon*

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2013, 03:56:36 PM »
Here's my take on the game, though our match reports seem to be becoming as worn as the post-match threads.. Only so often you can keep saying the same things.

Have a read and rate Lambert's performance..

And here's a quick snippet..

Villa proved to be the perfect comeback opponents for Arsenal; though the first half performance offered promise, if marred by our now customary defensive hesitancy, the second was a muddled mess which lurched from amateurish to inept.

Time after time this season we've seen our side become a punching bag, dropping towards the so-called 'sanctuary' (it's anything but) of our six-yard line while the opposition pour forward in wave after wave of virtually unbroken attacks

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/aston-villa/fansverdict/23-02-2013/arsenal-vs-aston-villa#ixzz2LpkfShmo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal