collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:14:39 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why do you sit where you do ?  (Read 11492 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Why do you sit where you do ?
« on: February 12, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
I'm curious as to why people sit where they do at Villa Park.

I've sat behind the dugouts for all but a few matches since I started going to VP in the mid-90s.

On the odd occasion that I've sat in the Upper North, Lower Holte, Upper/Lower Witton (eg while the TR was being rebuilt), I wasn't too keen on the view.

Also, being tucked away in the corner or up in the rafters at away games is always leads to a disappointing view as far as I'm concerned.

I like being central, relatively low down and close to the action.

So, why do H&V'ers sit where they do ?

- Tradition
- Cheap seats
- Like the view
...... or do you move around ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Why do you sit where you do ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »
Lower North. As i'm poor it's all I can afford. When I was Upper Trinity it was a great view but crap for atmosphere.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
Lower Holte when I manage to go down. Nice cheap seats, decent view and that all important atmosphere.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »
I was a bit of a nomad until I bought my first season ticket in 2005.  Since then I've stuck to Row HH in the Lower Holte.  Good view.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »
Over the years I've had seats in various different places - the old Trinity Enclosure, North Stand Upper, Lower Holte, and, for the last 10 years or so, the Upper Holte. The seat I have now is fantastic- near front and centre of the Upper Holte, great view (high enough to see the patterns of play, near enough not to tax my ageing eyesight!), good atmosphere, and sat with the same people for years who I only get to see on match days. Wouldn't consider changing now - when I've relocated for the odd match when my oldest son is home it just doesn't feel right.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »
Left-sider in my youth, but on the rare occasion we'd have a couple of extra quid spare, we'd go upstairs in the Trinity. And that's where I am now, older but still none the wiser, behind what's now our dugout. I think it's because I've always thought of it as where Holte Enders go to see out their final years! Can count on one hand the number of times I've watched from anywhere other than that 'corner' of the ground. Never, ever sat in the Witton Lane

Online darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »
Lower Holte good atmosphere really like the view can't complain.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »
As I don't live in Brum anymore I'm not able to attend as often as I'd like and all seater stadia didn't fully exist when I left but, I'd always been a Witton Ender.  Stood just to the right of the goal halfway between the six yard line and the edge of the penalty area.  It's a territorial thing I think.  Nowadays I go wherever the cheapest seats are sadly.  I'm the same wherever I find myself watching sport at venues I've been to before.  I think it's more territorial than we'd like to think, don't ask me why.  I stop short of pissing up the crash barrier.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
I sit in L2 on the lower Holte with my nippers. I like the atmosphere and we are high enough up for a decent view and the facilities are better than some of the other cheaper areas in the ground. This is the first season we have sat there, and wont be the last as the people around us have become familiar faces to talk with on a match day. It would also be too expensive to sit anywhere else for the 5 of us, and with Mrsastonvilla working most weekends its take the kids or not go at all!

Online bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »
Upper Holte. I'm really not a fan of being too close to the pitch as you lose so much perspective, and I much prefer sitting behind the goal.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »
Currently in Witton Lane P8 due to the great price. Although I have to say the view is good and the banter with the away fans can be fun

Have had ST in upper and lower holte, upper North Stand and Upper Trinity

Offline saltleylion

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:14 PM »
Middle Trinity Road Stand, B1,towards the Holte, just under the boxes.
We used to sit in the Upper Doug, just level with the 6 yard box, but when the old Trinity stand got rebuilt, most of the season ticket holders there moved over to the trinity, leaving lots of empty spaces which needed to be filled.. by any fans possible, usually away.

I've sat next to Liverpool,Everton, Spurs, Southampton on a monday night when there was 300 of them in the north stand, and the 2 of us and 10 southampton directly begind us, West Ham, dogs abuse off a load of Leicester :-( .. the list goes on.

To cut a long story short, there was about 8 of us that moved at the same time, shortly before the first Villa /small heath match at Villa Park, because we all knew what would happen.
Sure enough when it all started kicking off, where we used to sit we could see a mass of bodies falling over the chairs trying to get at each other.
The seats we are in now are more or less the same height / distance away from the pitch, and the Holte End as the one we had in Upper Doug, so we get a good view, close enought to the action, but far enough to take in the whole pitch, and also get the atmos off the Holte when it's on fire.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
P8 cheap seats deal.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
Towards the back of the Lower Holte, in any of the middle blocks from L4-L6. The main reason I go to football is for the atmosphere and to sing songs so I often found I'm bored out of my tree if it's dead. Being where I am gives me a great view of the pitch, a good atmosphere, and I still feel close to the action.

That's my only qualm with the Upper Holte really, it's fantastic to be a part of but I often feel really far away from what's going on.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
Back row of the Upper Holte! Great banter and singing. Decent people all around, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal