collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I'm losing my religion. An open letter to Randy Lerner.  (Read 17696 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: I'm losing my religion. An open letter to Randy Lerner.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
This is why we go even when we're shit. Very little can match the feeling when this happens.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Tingle moment.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »
Surely people can post what ever is on their mind regarding AVFC, otherwise why have a forum?

They can, and those that disagree can also comment, otherwise as you say, why have a forum?

But it doesnt seem to be his sentiment that you object to but the fact that he's posted it at all, perhaps I've misinterpreted the last few posts.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »
I said I don't get why folks feel the need to make these posts. I never said they aren't allowed to. As I said in my post, I don't feel the urge to start a thread when i'm going or not going, or when i'm happy or fucked off with the Villa/Mod£rn football etc.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »
This is why we go even when we're shit. Very little can match the feeling when this happens.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Tingle moment.

The very essence  of what it's all about. Magic.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »
Exactly, Des.  Though I often forget.

Offline rutski

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »
i say stay away you negative twonk and stay in harborne. VTID. what does that mean?, villa till i get old and fed up going because we are a bit shit so i will profess my total love for the club and slag someone off?
you arent needed pal in the battle we have on at the moment!

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »
Fair enough PWS.

With regards to the original post, I would only ever stop going due to ill health or financial restrictions.
Aston Villa has been the only constant in my life, and as previously mentioned no feeling comes close to that when N'Zog scored today.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »
Today was only the third league win i've seen at VP since Nov 5th 2011 (I missed Reading, one of the few I have missed). And the feeling when I realised that freekick had gone in made it all worthwhile. As did that Weimann goal vs Fulham make the previous few months. Pretty much nothing else comes close to those moments.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »
Fair enough PWS.

With regards to the original post, I would only ever stop going due to ill health or financial restrictions.
Aston Villa has been the only constant in my life, and as previously mentioned no feeling comes close to that when N'Zog scored today.

I'm the same. Even when we're shit I love the Villa and going to VP. Health and money meant I missed a few before Xmas and I hated it. Once I knew I wasn't going to pop my clogs soon and scraped some money together first thing I did was buy a half ST.

And sad/crazy as it sounds whenever I look at the attendance for a game I was at I know that forever I am part of Villa's history. Just as my dad was, and his dad and his dad.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

superb stuff, thanks for posting

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
YouTube Video Here As Above

The finest view in the house.  Nice post.  Thanks.

I don't get all this open letter malarky either - but I suppose the fans forums are a place to vent - so it I can't condemn the chap.  We've had some awful results but in patches we've still played more football than we ever did under McRubbish.

Saw a series of posts in another place where they were organising a Lerner/Lambert Out protest if we lost.  Weird feeling that must be - all that effort painting up signs only to see your team win and feeling even angrier about it.

Villa while I live.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:46:13 AM by sonlyme »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
I wonder how many hundreds of hours of wasted camera phone footage there's been from our free-kicks and corners over the last few years.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 11:27:48 AM »
My OP isn't intended as a 'ooh look at me' post. I've given a few home games a miss this season not through lack of interest or because I think the team is crap, far from it, I actually believe that there's a good team in the making there and my friends have started rolling their eyes every time I say 'we wont get relegated' no matter how bad results have been.
My frustration comes from the club appearing to lurch from crisis to crisis on the player and management side of the club and no one on the board seems willing to come out and tell us what is being done to change things.
It's all very well having a very well run commercial and community base and it's something to be proud of that we have such well run organisations off the field but with out communicating to us what the boards vision for the club on the playing side of things is it feels as if part of the whole is missing.
I mentioned in the letter that we the fans only seem to hear rumours and supposition about what is happening at the club, witness the ITK's that pop up occasionally to tell us we're on the verge of being taken over by gentlemen from the middle east or that Randy is looking to bring in outside investors. Yes we all take what they say with a massive pinch of salt, but it would be good if Randy came out and told us that he's going nowhere and what his plans are to take the club forward.
That's all I ask, as I said in my OP if he came out and said for the next few years we're going to hover about in mid table obscurity and then we go again (to coin a phrase) it would be enough, but to be told absolutely nothing isn't good enough.
If things at the club are really as bad as some say (I don't believe that they are) then please tell us, that way we'd know what to expect.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
After facing the prospect of having the choice of whether or not to go taken away from me, this sort of argument does strike me as a touch precious.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
After facing the prospect of having the choice of whether or not to go taken away from me, this sort of argument does strike me as a touch precious.

Is there any possible situation that you would actually criticise the club though?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal