collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Let the record show  (Read 30956 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Let the record show
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 09:24:47 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong by all means but didnt Lambert say about three weeks ago. "Randy doesnt want any loan players".

Which means either Lerner is a liar or Lambert is.

Who scouted this MLS player was it Henke ?

This disastrous regime has brought our historic club to its knees.

Simon Dawkins sounds like a Blue Peter presenter!

On a positive note and Im struggling here. Darren Bent is still here and Dawkins is only on loan to the end of the season.

Lambert is now probably the worst manager in our clubs history.

Totally incomprehensibly and totally gutless.

It doesn't mean anyone's a liar. They probably didn't want any loan players but perhaps they didn't have much option and the ones they wanted to buy didn't come to fruition.

We could of course have spunked a commitment of £32m to sign Samba like QPR did. I've no doubt he wasn't what they wanted but nobody was prepared to release other players.

Yes of course, there simply were no players available that represented a happy medium between one proper signing from the French 2nd division, and £20m on one player like Samba.  The players we bought were the only ones available to us, and Lerner is a genius and Lambert a brilliant manager.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 09:25:13 AM »
Not watching the game at the weekend, just going to chill out on the beach with the Mrs and ignore the game. Will look for the result later but it's not going to ruin my day this weekend. Shameful display in the transfer market but us outside of the club do not really know what is going on to be fair.
Nobody does, only those involved inside the club do, and they sure won't tell us. Keep supporting the lads on the pitch and maybe we can survive, turn on them and we are sealing our own fate for sure. UTV

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
This is a genuine question - How can I (and I am sure many others) show support for the team on the field (as they need to be doing their best otherwise they will be distroyed) , BUT show to the owners and CEO that I am more depressed pissed off and let down than I can ever remember feeling about beloved fotoball team.

Aston Villa is not a business to me , its not even JUST a football club , I eat, sleep, breath and worry beyond rational levels and I not alone in this amount of passion there are thousands of us and all to a man women and my children have been let down by the de-investment at the worst possible time 

Offline eastie

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:40 AM »
I have one question to lambert - why didnt spent all of the money available to you?
And i am sure he will say because he wont buy for the sake of it- dont tell me he could not find a defender in a month to improve us and dont tell me he only had £3m- bollocks.

We have been in for several players - not with just £2m we havent , there was more available.

He said himself several times he believes this squad is good enough to stay up and will stay up - lambert and lerner have sold this club down the river and whats going on stinks!

He did not spend the full budget in the summer and hes done so again now with the club in 19th place- his tactics, formations and selections are a joke and we are totally fucked because of these clowns in charge.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:47:58 AM by eastie »

Offline garyellis

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »
MarkH feel very similar to you. I have followed Villa as long as I can remember vaguely remembering the 1967 relegation and vividly remembering the fall in to Division 3. The ups and downs since then probably cant be rivalled by any other club but there was always hope and expectation when things were bad that this great club would rise again.
Under the current structure and leadership I have no such hope and I feel more disengaged as a life long fan than ever before.
I so hope most of us are wrong but just like we knew TSM would not work we know relegation will be upon us this season. The powers that be are culpable of mismanagement of the highest degree and if they could be held to account they would be removed and competent people put in their place.
I know PL has made mistakes but probably the biggest one was accepting our offer under these conditions. What concerns me now is how far we will fall. Let the record show PF and RL you were warned

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:59 AM »
Simon Dawkins sounds like a Blue Peter presenter!

I thought we signed that atheist guy!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
Yes of course, there simply were no players available that represented a happy medium between one proper signing from the French 2nd division, and £20m on one player like Samba.  The players we bought were the only ones available to us, and Lerner is a genius and Lambert a brilliant manager.

It's that genius literary trick again isn't it?!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »

I wouldn't expect you to understand.  You've been parroting the club's bollocks for weeks now, and have been proved wrong at every turn. 

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
Lerner and Faulkner are running this club into the ground, and yes they've given away our hopes of survival.

Offline eastie

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »
Lerner and Faulkner are running this club into the ground, and yes they've given away our hopes of survival.

Don't absolve lambert - he is a fucking joke!

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
On this black Friday morning I would like to make a simple statement.   In years to come it must be understood very clearly that in 2013 we did not lose our Premiership status.   We threw it away.   There is a very big difference.

You have changed your tune a little bit Brian, can I remind you what you said on Oct 12 2012 and I quote:

"I am very much in favour of our manager's policy of spending money on young players from lower divisions who have potential.

In my opinion they have nine very clear advantages over established premiership players.

1.   They are a fraction of the price and your money gets a bigger less injury and suspension damaged squad.

2.   They are younger and probably carry fewer long term injury or fitness dangers (Jenas, Dunne etc).

3.   They are much less likely to be burdened with baggage like woman trouble or gambling or booze or driving offences.

4.    They have less inflated egos.

5.    Because Paul Lambert has given them their big chance they they will be intensely loyal to him.

6.    They are pop bottles not milk bottles.   You can always get something back on them.

7.   Their agents behave themselves.

8.   They are not part of the celeb circuit more interested in what the tabloids say than what the manager says.

9.   Savage does not have their phone numbers.

Realistically of course we hope, and they hope that some of them will become Premiership stars and then they will lose all the advantages listed above and will join the ranks of Lampard, Rooney and co, but by that time they will have delivered for us and we shall be the ones who reap the benefit."

That comes across as a complete endorsement of the clubs policy to buy young unproven players, now you appear to be against their stance to continue that policy throughout the January window.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »

I wouldn't expect you to understand.  You've been parroting the club's bollocks for weeks now, and have been proved wrong at every turn.

What have the club said that 'I've parroted'? As I recall, other than a brief statement from Lerner, the club have said the square root of fuck-all.

Of course you wouldn't expect me to understand, you're clearly on such an intellectually high plane that your thought processes can't be understood by anyone else. Frankly, I'm pleased as it seems to me to be in a very dark place.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:25 AM »
This is a genuine question - How can I (and I am sure many others) show support for the team on the field (as they need to be doing their best otherwise they will be distroyed) , BUT show to the owners and CEO that I am more depressed pissed off and let down than I can ever remember feeling about beloved fotoball team.

Aston Villa is not a business to me , its not even JUST a football club , I eat, sleep, breath and worry beyond rational levels and I not alone in this amount of passion there are thousands of us and all to a man women and my children have been let down by the de-investment at the worst possible time
It's time for the pound signs and banners directed at those at the top of the tree. Sing your hearts out for the players and support them but save the wrath for the CEO and Chairman, and it's not all Lamberts fault either. Have a go at the right people, this decline has been coming for a while now, not just this season so we cannot just blame Lambert. IMO

Offline garyellis

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »

Don't absolve lambert - he is a fucking joke!
Well we are about to find out if his previous form can be used to get us out of this mess. If he does then we have to give him credit if he fails his stock will be rock bottom.

Offline The Adventurer

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 10:01:22 AM »
The owner & the board should be getting it in spades from NOW but they won't!! They'll be a few people prepared to put themselves out to make a point but on a whole it'll be the same old soundbites!!! I never thought it could get any lower than the Billy McNeill (google it kids) days but hey,this is right up there!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal