collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 02:21:16 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:17:45 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:43 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:28:50 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will the crowd turn on Tuesday?  (Read 11585 times)

Offline neo_Villan

Re: Will the crowd turn on Tuesday?
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
I didn't get the sense that the fans had turned on Lambert last night TBH. I must have been the only one in my section directing my anger at him at F/T. It was the players who got the brunt of the dog's abuse from those around me. Having said that, I don't think it will take much to get the fans to spill over on Tuesday. I predict though that when we lose (not if), it won't be directed at one person. Randy, Lambert and the players will all get it.

Offline myf

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
"he's taking us down, he's taking us down, randy leaner, he's taking us down"

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 09:58:25 AM »
Tugby Villan is absolutely spot on, the role of the CEO/board of directors is to run a business to deliver a profit for the share holders (Lerner).  The current state of the club is a direct result of allowing MON to recruit too many sub-standard players on grossly inflated salaries.  This was shockingly poor leadership by Faulkener which has subsequently been made worse by breathtakingly poor managerial appointments as we struggle to get the business back on an acceptable operating basis.  To make it worse an absence of strategic planning means everytime we appoint a new manager we rebuild the playing squad at huge cost.

Should we turn on them on Tuesday?  YES!!  PL is clearly not up to the job (Bannan and Delph?) and should go but most importantly the board must go as well and be replaced with one of vision and clear purpose.  The club needs a new CEO/board of directors......FAULKENER MUST GO!!  Time for Lerner to act.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 09:58:55 AM »
I don't think we should get all over Lerner yet.

In any organization, the CEO (Faulkner) is the person who should shield the Shareholder (Lerner) from the harsh realities of business at the working level, and should be able to manage the Shareholder to get the right investment at the right time.

In addition, the CEO should set and control the operational strategy for the enterprise.

That"s what CEO's do. It doesn't matter what the business model is. That's the job of a CEO.

Faulkner is not managing Lerner. This is his job. He is CLEARLY not doing it.
Faulkner is not controlling any strategy..... we have no strategy.
To appoint Houllier, with a strong strategic reasoning (which I accepted at the time but then quickly felt was bullsh*t)
To then appoint McTw*t in complete contradiction of above strategy....
To then appoint Lambert (with no strategy, but we were all too grateful to notice)

We need a strong CEO who can manage the shareholder and strategic direction of the club.

Faulkner needs to be the target. Lerner still has money.
Thank you, a very insightful and accurate post I reckon.

One of the smartest things is being able to manage your manager.
Faulkner, clearly has no abilities whatsoever in this respect.
I still think deep down Lerner probably does care, and I certainly think he has the financial resources to support the club properly.
However, he needs support,guidance and council from those around him, rather than yes men and boys who are out of their depth.
Why isn't Faulker steering his boss into spending money?
Why isn't Faulker insisting his boss invests in this transfer window ?
Why isn't Faulkner more vocal, talking about out situation and thereby putting Lerner on the spot, but doing it in a way that he is not accusing Lerner but leading him into doing he right thing?
It's because he does not have the skills or ability to do any of those things, or, simply,he is just scared of his boss.
Lambert is also in this bracket. I think he has been found wanting, and shown to be completely out of his depth. A smaller club like Norwich suited him, a massive club like Villa is just too big for him.
His comment after signing Benteke said so much about his mindset. He said that the amount of money he spent on buying Benteke 'frightened' him. Those are not the words of a big thinking,go-getting manager. They are the words of a small time, small club manager.

In my opinion, Faulkner and Lambert should be the targets of our immediate anger.

Offline eastie

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »

In any organization, the CEO (Faulkner) is the person who should shield the Shareholder (Lerner) from the harsh realities of business at the working level, and should be able to manage the Shareholder to get the right investment at the right time.

In addition, the CEO should set and control the operational strategy for the enterprise.

That"s what CEO's do. It doesn't matter what the business model is. That's the job of a CEO.

To appoint Houllier, with a strong strategic reasoning (which I accepted at the time but then quickly felt was bullsh*t)
To then appoint Lambert (with no strategy, but we were all too grateful to notice)

We need a strong CEO who can manage the shareholder and strategic direction of the club.

I still think deep down Lerner probably does care, and I certainly think he has the financial resources to support the club properly.
However, he needs support,guidance and council from those around him, rather than yes men and boys who are out of their depth.
Why isn't Faulkner more vocal, talking about out situation and thereby putting Lerner on the spot, but doing it in a way that he is not accusing Lerner but leading him into doing he right thing?
It's because he does not have the skills or ability to do any of those things, or, simply,he is just scared of his boss.
Lambert is also in this bracket. I think he has been found wanting, and shown to be completely out of his depth. A smaller club like Norwich suited him, a massive club like Villa is just too big for him.
His comment after signing Benteke said so much about his mindset. He said that the amount of money he spent on buying Benteke 'frightened' him. Those are not the words of a big thinking,go-getting manager. They are the words of a small time, small club manager.

In my opinion, Faulkner and Lambert should be the targets of our immediate anger.

Lerner wont even be there , i agree lambert and faulkner should be given both barrels.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 10:26:04 AM »

Lerner wont even be there , i agree lambert and faulkner should be given both barrels.
I reckon Faulkner is a Nose who has infiltrated our club with the sole purpose of destroying us. Any takers on that conspiracy theory?
It's a better shot than most other conspiracy theories.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
I think Tuesday will be the tipping point.

There's going to be a lot of smug Newcastle fans, wouldn't even surprise me if they brought banners.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 10:27:39 AM »
We should have a sign:  Yank Go Home.

Oh, silly me, that's where he'll be.

On a more serious note, I think two cup exits to lower league teams in 4 days is the final tipping point. And EVERYONE responsible...and, yes, that includes the players, should get it both barrels.

Offline eastie

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
I think Tuesday will be the tipping point.

There's going to be a lot of smug Newcastle fans, wouldn't even surprise me if they brought banners.

The tipping point should already have been reached.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 10:31:56 AM »
I reckon Faulkner is a Nose who has infiltrated our club with the sole purpose of destroying us. Any takers on that conspiracy theory?

Agent Faulkner?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
We should have a sign:  Yank Go Home.

Oh, silly me, that's where he'll be.

On a more serious note, I think two cup exits to lower league teams in 4 days is the final tipping point. And EVERYONE responsible...and, yes, that includes the players, should get it both barrels.
It really saddens me to say this, but, i agree with this post today. It is about time they all knew how we feel. Another sad day.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »

Agent Faulkner?
Dark glasses and one of those memory erasing pen thingy's ? :o

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
I think we should all cut those scarves in half and send the 'Bright Future' half back to Villa

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »
I hope not because that is not good for our kids on the pitch. Crowd needs to turn up not turn.

They are not kids. They are mostly in their early to mid 20s, i.e the age at which you know you have about eight to nine years left at the top level.

Sterling at Liverpool, Michael Owen when he burst onto the scene in 1997, Gabby in 2006. That's a kid. Bannan, Clark, Albrighton, Delph are not kids. They are simply not good enough.

Soton's Shaw is a kid at 17 years old and made our players look hinckley Utd quality.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
Song? Based on:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And the lion rampant banner in defeat shall wave
O'er Lerner and Lambert who dug Villa this grave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal