collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: My Girls  (Read 17187 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: My Girls
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
Our 15 year-old wears my old Mita Copiers, AST Computers and Müller shirts for lounging around the house. My wife wears an old Rover top sometimes(it's like a dress on her)

I was going to get the glow-in-the-dark one for all of us (I wear them for cycling) but they both said, nah! just get yourself one.

I think they are afraid of getting too far in and ending up depressed like me.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
All this let them support who they want stuff means that you miss out on the shared experience of following the same team. As my kids have got older and started living their own lives the Villa is the one thing that we always still do together, along with my brother and his kids.
Amen.
Despite the utter shittery of this season, i've enjoyed taking my Son down there and watching him get into it and cheer them on.

The one bright spot of a dismal campaign.

Yep there's nothing better than celebrating a goal with son or singing away and turning and seeing your lad singing his heart out too.

This season I've looked at him a few times and felt guilty, apparently I kept saying sorry to him on Tuesday night on the way home :(

Thing is MON, it's not so bad when they're really young, they enjoy the occasion more than anything.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2013, 08:43:05 PM »
Did you miss the bit where I said "Obviously most people who say this bullshit don't actually mean it"?

And how come you are allowed to make flippant remarks which appear to make it look like you've lost all sense of perspective but I'm not?

Ironic that.
[/quot
Did you miss the bit where I said "Obviously most people who say this bullshit don't actually mean it"?

And how come you are allowed to make flippant remarks which appear to make it look like you've lost all sense of perspective but I'm not?

Ironic that.

Pobably because my flippant remarks weren't an unprovoked personal attack. Plenty of other flippant/"bullshit" remarks on here and the other games thread for you to comment on.

How could it be an unprovoked personal attack? I was only having a pop at those who truly believe that they really would chuck their kids out if they supported another club, you said that in your case it was a flippant remark and therefore you wouldn't really do that.
Ergo, the post wasn't aimed at you and therefore could not be a personal attack on you could it?

Sensitive soul aren't you?

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »
All this let them support who they want stuff means that you miss out on the shared experience of following the same team. As my kids have got older and started living their own lives the Villa is the one thing that we always still do together, along with my brother and his kids.

It's inevitable as kids get older they do less with their parents and more with their mates, girlfriends etc. It's therefore, in my view, important to have things that you can do together. Of course, it doesn't have to be football but in our case it's just the way things have developed.

I did just that Chris, but in the end peer pressure at school and, almost inevitably, a chance to annoy me immensely meant that Coops Jnr decided against being a Villan and chose the stripey darkside.

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:45 PM »
No. Not really. Not taken offence at any other post before. I  assumed that when you said "I truly hope that the children of anyone who comes out with such complete bollocks as "If my kids dare to support anyone other than Villa then they are out of the door!" become utter little shits and decide to support West Brom or Small Heath just to annoy you", which both quoted me and appeared below my comment was in fact aimed at me.

How stupid of me. Anway round here it's Chelsea I worry about. While the Albion would be a strange one I could live with it.

Offline john2710

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2013, 09:39:37 PM »
Bringing my sons to the Villa was something I looked forward from the moment they were born. My eldest, who's 18, loves Villa as much as I do and even though he's off to Uni in September I know he will always be a Villa fan wherever he settles. The youngest one has no interest in football, which is his choice.

I've had some of the best times in my life following the Villa & nights like last Tuesday, whilst painful, won't stop me. I've seen us win things other clubs / fans dream about; the only problem is that they were so long ago it seems like a dream.

UTV

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2013, 10:20:41 PM »
No. Not really. Not taken offence at any other post before.

And yet you do take offence at a flippant reply to your flippant remark?

Can't have it both ways, either you meant what you said, in which case I despair, or it was a flippant remark in which case it was pretty obvious I was replying in kind.

Offline ChrissyPrice

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
Not sure who the sensitive one is here.

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »
Not me, it's the internet, I take very little on here in any way seriously.

Offline achilles

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:27 PM »
My grandson, whos eight and has a season ticket, has missed the last two premier home games because he didn't want to go to see them lose again! How can you answer that, when both me and my son are so depressed at the state of our once great club! To cap it all I watched Arsenal the other night and drooled over that second half performance. The truth is that I don't enjoy watching us anymore, the atmosphere and the occasion is great but the meal is rubbish.

Offline dorsetvilla

« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
My lad is now 14 and I took him to his first game when 3. He was a seaon ticket holder for 6 years travelling with us old timers on the 7 hour round trip from Dorset and to many away games. I have recently moved further west in Dorset and decided not to renew either of our season tickets. We are now 'part timers' but still make the trip up five or six times a season. Obviously with no local premiership team, all his friends support the usual suspects, although quite a few are season ticket holders at Yeovil. He wears his Villa shirt with pride and no matter how s..t we are, I know he will always support the Villa.

We came up to the game on Tuesday and had a terrible journey back in the snow not getting back until 3AM. The poor lad was knackered for school the next morning and then had to endure plenty of piss taking. Despite all this, it still didn't deter him from wearing his Villa shirt to football training last night. I think he realises that Villa are a proper club with proper supports who stick with the team whatever.

As an aside, I met three Villa fans in a petrol station at what must have been 2AM on Wednesday morning trying to make there way back through the snow to Weymouth.  The roads were absolutely atrocious and many closed. Hopefully they made it home safely!

« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »
My grandson, whos eight and has a season ticket, has missed the last two premier home games because he didn't want to go to see them lose again! How can you answer that, when both me and my son are so depressed at the state of our once great club! To cap it all I watched Arsenal the other night and drooled over that second half performance. The truth is that I don't enjoy watching us anymore, the atmosphere and the occasion is great but the meal is rubbish.

He'll (probably) be back. believe it or not we are not the only club who are shite. 95% of football clubs are shite, very few have sustained success or even a sustained spell at the top end of their respective part of the pyramid. Maybe some of our supporters could take a little step back at these awful times and remember that.
More difficult for the nippers of course, piss-taking at school, a weekend ruined because Dad insists on taking them to the Factory of Sadness etc, but the thing to tell them is to stick with it, we'll be back, we'll have great wins again, and they will be all the sweeter for the bad times.

Offline W5AVFC

« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
I took my five year old for his Villa debut against Everton when we lost 1-3 and had Clarke sent off earlier this season. It was a memorable trip.

Anyway, terrible performance, and his conclusion after ten minutes when we were two down, was something along the lines of "Villa can't win, because they are not big enough".....

Quite a lot of truth in there i think.

Offline W5AVFC

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »
No. Not really. Not taken offence at any other post before. I  assumed that when you said "I truly hope that the children of anyone who comes out with such complete bollocks as "If my kids dare to support anyone other than Villa then they are out of the door!" become utter little shits and decide to support West Brom or Small Heath just to annoy you", which both quoted me and appeared below my comment was in fact aimed at me.

How stupid of me. Anway round here it's Chelsea I worry about. While the Albion would be a strange one I could live with it.

Chelsea are a big problem for me as well :) So far I have kept him on the rightous path...... where are you?

After aforementioned debacle against Everton :

"daddy, I was born in Chelsea, all my friends support Chelsea, they always win, so why do I support Villa?" - its going to be a battle to keep him on the righteous path.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:45:48 PM by W5AVFC »

Offline ChrissyPrice

« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

Chelsea are a big problem for me as well :) So far I have kept him on the rightous path...... where are you?

After aforementioned debacle against Everton :

"daddy, I was born in Chelsea, all my friends support Chelsea, they always win, so why do I support Villa?" - its going to be a battle to keep him on the righteous path.

South Ealing. In theory Brentford territory but all the kids seem to be in Chelsea tops. They saw the league table on the TV on saturday before I could turn over. I think they were a little shocked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal