collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: My Girls  (Read 17158 times)

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
Re: My Girls
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 03:24:44 AM »
Anyone else having problems keeping their children interested? I've been taking my girls down for 7 years now,and I am now literally having to drag them down by their hair "Mommy they always lose"they say. Tonight was the final straw I'd stupidly guaranteed goals galore to be given the I told you so look. Anybody else struggling. To keep your offspring's interested and have they ever threatened to support another side?

Anyone that "guaranteed goals" before a trip to VP should either know better or hasn't watched many games in the last three years.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:38 AM »
Believe me I've watched lots of games Californian Villain. It's called blind optimism

Offline JB1811

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 08:20:18 AM »
My 9 year old daughter said last night "Why cant we mark people at their corners, and why are ours always so rubbish? why dont they practice them?"  I may get her to apply to be the next manager!

Offline frank black

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
Anyone else having problems keeping their children interested? I've been taking my girls down for 7 years now,and I am now literally having to drag them down by their hair "Mommy they always lose"they say. Tonight was the final straw I'd stupidly guaranteed goals galore to be given the I told you so look. Anybody else struggling. To keep your offspring's interested and have they ever threatened to support another side?

Anyone that "guaranteed goals" before a trip to VP should either know better or hasn't watched many games in the last three years.

I dunno, I think watching Villa does guarantee goals. That's why Sky have picked us for more games. It's just a shame the goals are going in the wrong end.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »
My Lad still loves it.
He reenacted the Bradford game on his FIFA 13 and said to me
'It's ok Dad, we've beaten them 3-0.'
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:45:28 AM by Rip Van doin' the Lambert walk »

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
My two were born down here. They are 7 and 9. The youngest supports Villa but isn't really that interested.

My 9 year old loves football and we have this ongoing battle....he supports Chelsea and Villa. Last night he was in bed and was listening to the football and as soon as we scored he ran downstairs celebrating.

I think good has overcome evil - the problem is that I genuinely think he is too embarrassed to say he supports Villa to people he meets.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »
My old boy, who occasionally posts on here, apologised to me for his inheritance this morning. "It's a bit like the Johnny Cash song 'A Boy Named Sue'" was how he described it. I cordially accepted his apology and pointed out that he was quite right to do so as I've already had to apologise to my lad, who is four, numerous times as a result of passing on the Villa gene.

That said, he had his AVFC hat on as usual when I took him to playschool this morning. UTV!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »
I've had to resort to telling my 7 year old daughter that Kate Middleton is a Villa fan to keep her interest!
I hadn't thought of that.Do you think Miranda is a Villa fan?

She's tall enough to play in central defence and would probably do a better job than Vlaar or Clark.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 09:17:41 AM »
I don't have kids.

I always dreamed of having a son as a villa fan. After tonight (and the past two seasons), I don't think villa is ever anything I will 'push' on any children I may or may not have in the future.

Why don't you do one? Aston Villa is bigger than a bad spell an horrific event, If I had a 100 kids I'd make sure everyone was claret and blue!

Why should he "do one"?

He's not gonna bring his kids up as Villa fans because of this? Suffering fuck were at rock bottom but we always gonna be Aston Villa.

If I ever have kids and they support villa I will be thrilled! I'm just not going to 'push it'. If they find villa, great, but I would want it to be organic and not something I pushed on them especially with it being something that can be more torture than pleasure.

Where's the problem?

I can't believe I am debating the parenting of kids I don't even have!

Edit. I took my new girlfriend to the pub to watch that tonight. We started going out in October and by the end she was encouraging me! Right until the end she was saying stuff like 'They might get a penalty or something', 'at least they can focus on the league now'....She's definitely a keeper!

I've got two boys and they don't give a shit about Villa (or any other team to be honest). They both played the game but now occupy their time with other interests. Their choice, I would never push them into liking something just because I do. 

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
Having problems motivating myself never mind the kids
This.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »
My little girl (6) supports Charlton, and I take her a few times a year.

Obviously, I've told her about Villa and taken her to see us play. My ex (not her mum) was Mancunian and tried to turn her into a Cockney Red. One day my daughter came home from school and asked me which was the nearest team to us and I told her it was Charlton

"I'll support them, dad. We can watch them together" she said. And she's not given up on it. She got so into football she got offerred a trial with Arsenal's girls team.

But even though it wasn't Villa, I was really proud she chose a team for the right reason.

Going to Charlton with her is a lot more pleasant than Villa Park right now!

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »
Lambert also has trouble motivating his girls

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
My Lad still loves it.
He reenacted the Bradford game on his FIFA 13 and said to me

Exactly what my youngest does. He murdered Bradford last night on his DS. He thinks the real Villa loose every game

I feel sorry for him, living down here, having the piss taken out of him by the Chelsea and Arsenal supporting kids in his school. The only kids that don't tease him about Villa are the Millwall fans in his class. And that'll probably change by next week.

It's a shame that he suddenly "gets" Villa now, just as we're in the middle of a full blown crisis.

Fuck off Lerner and Lambert

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
To be honest it's more the other way around at this point. I'm starting to have to drag my Dad who's supported Villa for nigh-on 30 years to games now.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 09:59:31 AM »

If your taking your kids down the Villa I'm callling childline!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal