collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Concrete Ron  (Read 395568 times)

Offline rutski

Re: Concrete Ron
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »
Back in training but tomorrows game likely to come too soon - Mat Kendrick on Twitter

Well that's some good news, lets hope all goes well and he doesn't suffer any reaction .

Your right dc5 , so many physics and sprays these days , whatever happened to the magic sponge.
bomber brown and hundreds of ex footballers were treated by the magic sponge, thats why they cant walk now and are in pain for the rest of their days.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
Back in training but tomorrows game likely to come too soon - Mat Kendrick on Twitter

Well that's some good news, lets hope all goes well and he doesn't suffer any reaction .

Your right dc5 , so many physics and sprays these days , whatever happened to the magic sponge.
bomber brown and hundreds of ex footballers were treated by the magic sponge, thats why they cant walk now and are in pain for the rest of their days.

The cortisone injections didn't help.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
God, don't we need this bloke back next week

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
I heard three weeks from a source very close to the club. You have to wonder what his level of fitness is.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
the problem is . he is not very concrete

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
the problem is . he is not very concrete

Yes. It's probably the most un apt nickname for a footballer ever. He's so brittle it's untrue. He's made of glass.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
He's like Samuel L Jackson's character in 'Unbreakable.'

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 11:35:15 AM »
There is something wrong here. Vlaar may have been on the bench for show. Otherwise why didnt he come on for Stevens and let Clark move to left back or midfield?

Offline myf

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »
We need him back but not sure he's the miracle cure.  Think he played in the twattings gainst Saints and Man City earlier in the season?

Its the midfield which is the problem - its dire.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »
He's like Samuel L Jackson's character in 'Unbreakable.'

They called him Mr. Glass

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 10:15:20 PM »
If we manage to beat Bradford next week i am sure he will be fit for the final .

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
Ron Vlaar knows it's a tough time for anyone who has their "heart" with Villa - but the skipper insists now is the time for the players to fight hard, keep the faith and pick up results.

Vlaar could well return to the side for the derby clash with West Brom after declaring himself fit for action after two months out with a calf injury.

And the captain spelled out exactly what needs to happen for Villa to push up the table and away from the danger zone.

He said: "It's hard. It's hard for everyone with the Villa heart.

"We have to try and keep the faith that the results will come. But we must know that doesn't happen by itself.

"We have to work hard. We have to train very well and believe. Then it will happen. I believe in that!

"There are a lot of points to win. We have to look to ourselves and get results. What the other teams do, that doesn't matter. We have to take care of ourselves. That's the most important thing. We don't have to look to the other teams.

"Looking back, we didn't deserve to lose the Southampton game.

"But that's the situation we're in now. We have to fight hard to come back.

"The spirit was good. That's where it all starts. I believe."

Vlaar is delighted to be back in contention to play after his minor calf problem became a troublesome issue and refused to clear up.

He added: "I was very happy to be back in the squad against Southampton.

"It took a long time for me to come back but the feeling of being back is great. The next step is to be playing. I am looking forward to that moment.

"It's been very difficult. It was crazy because it was only a small injury. But it took a long time to heal.

"That was really frustrating. I really wanted to play and help the lads but it just wasn't possible. I have had to be patient and wait until it's completely healed.

"My emotions have been up and down a lot of times. It looked better and then it was not. That happened a couple of times. You look forward to be playing again but that's not possible.

"You have to keep your head up and look forward and make steps forward.

"I am ready now because I had some extra conditioning training this week. I actually feel very good, fit and my muscles feel good. I look forward to playing again."

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 04:15:46 PM »
Be good for Vlaar if the game doesn't go ahead, a bit of extra time to get fully fit.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 04:49:07 PM »
If he was fit to be on the bench, he should have had some game time against S'ton.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2013, 09:53:06 PM »
Watching a replay of their goal, absolute criminally bad defending from Vlaar, just stood there while his attacker got himself into position to score.  Never has a defender had such an underserved nickname.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal