collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert in or out? Poll reset with majority 'in', 7th May  (Read 796887 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Lambert in or out? Poll reset with majority 'in', 7th May
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »
OK, possibly the least surprising post ever from me, but I've had enough.  I accept that he was the most obvious and preferred choice in the summer, but it isn't working and he's going to get us relegated.  Our worst start to a season, the worst goal difference in the league, two goals a game conceded, our record top flight defeat, and now three humiliating defeats in a row that have destroyed the lest remnants of any confidence the team once had.  Getting battered at home by a team like Wigan who had one point in their previous however many games was the last straw.  Yes, we all wanted him, but it just isn't working, and it was Lambert's choice to spend 20m on a team full of lower league kids, and players like Bennett, KEA, Bowery and Westwood just aren't good enough for a Premier League team, especially given how poor the rest of our team is.

I also realise that it wouldn't be the the best time to ditch him, but how can you retain somebody who is performing so poorly?  The football isn't even any improvement on last year, and the results are far, far worse.  So at present, I'd have him on a par with McNeill for paucity of performance.

As for who we'd get in, a short term fixer to try and keep us up.  Di Matteo maybe?  Or somebody like Roy Keane to give everybody a kick up the arse, as one thing Lambert clearly can't do is motivate anybody.

Right, where's me tin hat?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:12:50 PM by Dave »

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Lambert out
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »
Westwood is good enough in my opinion and I don't know on Bowery, but I'll agree on the others. Basically though I think the owner needs to pull his finger out, we can't keep getting rid of managers.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:13:46 PM »
Didn't the Baggies sack Di Matteo for losing something like 13 out of 18 games?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
Westwood has been our best midfield player. Lowton and Vlaar have been good signings. Bennett IMO looks like he will  be ok in time, time we don't have admittedly so need more experienced cover there but the players he has bought in I have few worries about beyond KEA. The bigger issue is that there have not been enough players, and we are painfully thin squad wise still. 3 centre halves out injured of 4, with the least dominant being the only one standing has killed us second half against Spurs and today.

Westwood tiring has hurt us. For the first time I though it was Lamberts fault today in all honesty, but to call for him to go is borderline madness at this point. He has proved to be a good manager before, and should, whatever happens this season IMO, be given time to turn it round. I think long term he is the man, we all wanted him pretty much, we should stick behind him, which largely we have so far.

Give him money, and time, and we will come good.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
Oh and Di Matteo and Keane? Seriously. I would sooner have Curbishley!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »
I can't see him getting the money for what we can all see we need.
Lambert is not the problem.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »
Barring the club being sold to a multi multi billionaire before the end of January, Lambert is our best chance of not getting relegated.
I see no other better option working with what is being made available.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »
With what Lambert has apparently said on WM, it points to a far greater problem. If there is a very low wage cap then obviously it will be difficult to get in any other type of players than young with potential.

It's fucking alarming though, we'll probably find out one way or another in January though.

Lambert has to stay for me, at least there's still hope of long-term success with him around. Get in a Megson or equivalent and I think I'd completely lose the will to live.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Lerner needs to look at the amount of money teams will receive for being in the Premier League next season and invest accordingly, because it's not hopeless. We're not marooned or anything, but we need serious reinforcements.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »

I'd rather have McLeish back, Lambert is that woeful.  What has he done right since he arrived?

Offline basavfc

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
I wouldn't have Mcleish back, I think we're forgetting last season. We're no worse off than that.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
He's operating within a shit budget, yes the players could be better but we miss the influence of Vlaar and I don't think realistically he wanted to play all the kids at once but we ain't got much bloody choice, sounds like there is no money in January either?? Who's going to sort it out? We've been shit under GH, Mccunt and now Lambert, who's to blame? Managers or chairman?

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »

I'd rather have McLeish back, Lambert is that woeful.  What has he done right since he arrived?

Matron...!!

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »
I'm with you however Lerner has to go too

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal