collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:37:42 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you a proud Villa fan today?  (Read 33593 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Are you a proud Villa fan today?
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2012, 07:05:04 PM »
What's going to be more powerful that any apology or any one soundbite or statement is the performance today and going forward.

It's certainly been a powerful statement.....

Offline myf

« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Im not proud today. we've been rolled over at home by a team which hardly broke into a sweat. despite some decent results recently its obvious that this is one of the weakest villa teams in living memory. relegation battle back on with a massive game on sat

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2012, 08:05:21 PM »
I was incredibly proud of the way that the fans who didn't leave early supported the team to the end today. It was actually pretty uplifting at the end of a shit night and reminded me why I'm here.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2012, 08:29:39 PM »
What's going to be more powerful that any apology or any one soundbite or statement is the performance today and going forward.

How fast did you run to your computer to make sure you typed that? I'm disappointed to say I'm disappointed tonight. You almost appear happy at our continued misery. And here I thought Gregnash no longer posted on here.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:56 PM »

How fast did you run to your computer to make sure you typed that? I'm disappointed to say I'm disappointed tonight. You almost appear happy at our continued misery. And here I thought Gregnash no longer posted on here.
Problem is TV he is right.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2012, 08:36:45 PM »

That's why I'm so disappointed, more than I was after Chelsea. Yes he's right, but there's no need to be be smug about it.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
I was incredibly proud of the way that the fans who didn't leave early supported the team to the end today. It was actually pretty uplifting at the end of a shit night and reminded me why I'm here.

I was proud to still be there at the end and see that there are still some Villa fans who have faith and understand why we are always going to be miles ahead of our local rivals.

I tried to get the miserable old sods to join the Holte in their excellent response for the last 10 mins or so. But it was like trying to raise the dead.

I just hope those who stayed to encourage the young lads and keep them going are rewarded in the near future.

And those who left after the 3rd Spurs goal - if you want to moan a lot go and buy a gold shirt and go to Wolverhamton, if you want short term glory hunting put on a shopping bag and follow them in Smethwick, if you want to demonstrate total ignorance go to the temple of doom.

If you want to stay with the greatest football club - have faith - we will get there. Give the young lads your support. We are Aston Villa be proud.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »

Exactly how I felt. I think the fans felt it was important not to simply boo the kids off tonight and destroy fragile confidence. It was a statement that we still buy into what Lambert is trying to do. I don't have a crystal ball, a month or two from now I may be feeling like I did a week ago or we may be staring relegation in the face. What I do know is I feel connected more with my club and fellow fans than I have done in the previous couple of seasons.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »

That's why I'm so disappointed, more than I was after Chelsea. Yes he's right, but there's no need to be be smug about it.
Agreed.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »

If you want to see smug, look at the "Things I've heard on here this season" thread.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »

If you want to see smug, look at the "Things I've heard on here this season" thread.

What, Guzan's shite and needs to be dropped for Given a.s.a.p?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »

What, Guzan's shite and needs to be dropped for Given a.s.a.p?

Hardly an exact quote, but I'll give you that one.

Offline villainjock

« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »
for the last ten minutes the holte sang paul lamberts claret and blue army, i hope he heard it and the players heard it. i remember the "fergie on the dole" chants" and how shit they were in 89. but they stuck together. The good thing is today i felt like we were together in this mess, players,fans and manager. Together we will go forward.our lowest point, if you want to slag the villa off, you are not helping,you are hindering. If you want to go to the villa and moan or boo,  then f**k off! just my opinion, ta.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »
What a difference a week makes, from Norwich and Liverpool to this, words just fail me

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »
Has Lambert come out with the old wegoagain bollocks yet?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal