collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who's left on big money?  (Read 12733 times)

Offline supertommykN'iba

Re: Who's left on big money?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »
Certainly hope so Dave!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 11:50:12 PM »
It was recently reported in a couple of papers that Bent is on £80,000 pw. 

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 05:35:47 AM »
I don't think that that it is as high as we may think. When you consider that Shawcross just signed a new contract for 45,000 per week. I feel that a lot of the wages may have been inflated by supporters.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »
I don't think that that it is as high as we may think. When you consider that Shawcross just signed a new contract for 45,000 per week. I feel that a lot of the wages may have been inflated by supporters.
These weekly sums are, of course, net of tax ...

just saying, like.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »

just saying, like.

I thought the accepted protocol here is wage levels quoted are usually before tax.
I vaguely remember in the 1990s an Italian player was supposed to be moving to England and the move broke down with a misunderstanding over wages he was told by his agent. Apparently in Italy unlike here, figures quoted/negotiated are always `netto`. 

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 08:52:11 AM »

just saying, like.

I thought the accepted protocol here is wage levels quoted are usually before tax.
I vaguely remember in the 1990s an Italian player was supposed to be moving to England and the move broke down with a misunderstanding over wages he was told by his agent. Apparently in Italy unlike here, figures quoted/negotiated are always `netto`. 
That was always my understanding of it as well.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 08:58:03 AM »

just saying, like.

Well, I may be wrong, but I thought recently people had been talking in net terms ...

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »

just saying, like.

Well, I may be wrong, but I thought recently people had been talking in net terms ...

I think the sums normally quoted are before tax. Where the confusion arises I think is that some European players initially negotiate on the basis of net pay, because of the varying tax rules between Countries.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
I'm a big fan of Ireland and would like him to get more game time, especially as I'm not massive on Bannan and Holman is a 60 minute player.

Saying that, Bannan and Westwood do play well together.

I can see Lambert going back in for that Charlton midfielder we missed out on in the summer.

One on big money I would sell is Gabby.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 09:32:01 AM »
Just considering how much the wage bill might be reduced by July and what that could mean for our ability to bring in new signings?

This is based on memory and Football Manager 2013 but I think we could be free of the wages of :
Dunne - over 50k a week ?
Warnock - 40k
Marshall -10k
Lichaj - 15k? But we should resign him
Hutton - 40k - here,s wishing
Makoun - 40k - again possibly sweet FA chance
Bent - 80k
Delfouneso - 20k
Ireland - 50k - guess

That little lot is about 350k a week by my guestimates. Even if we only get 200k this year and the rest in 2014 then that creates a huge amount of funds - about 20 million in reductions to invest in say 2 or 3 signings in the benteke / vlaar mould.

If we can get through this season then we could be very well set up to challenge in the top half again

Gabby has got to be on close to £50k a week

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
Apparently in Italy unlike here, figures quoted/negotiated are always `netto`.

There's been very little Netto about the kind of wages we've been dishing out in recent years.

We've been buying our Pot Noodles at Fortnum & Masons

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »
We need to shift some more of the big hitters Dunne, N'Zogbia, Hutton and Warnock would do for starters and the Fonz I would try to sell them asap.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:55 AM »
Surely Makoun's wages are being paid by the club that's loaned him??

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »
I also think Gabby might go, We've looked better without him in the team

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »
Everyone on that list can go as far as I'm concerened

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal