collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:26:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

FFP by Risso
[Today at 04:23:51 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:22:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Risso
[Today at 04:19:35 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:26:04 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 04:23:51 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 04:23:35 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:22:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Risso
[Today at 04:19:35 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 04:16:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 76005 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: QPR v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 05:05:57 PM »
Good point, Redknapp first game. Lambert made the right changes, and we nearly nicked it at the end. We were getting hammered for a time second half, and the changes did what we needed, we got the ball and showed maturity in keeping hold of it. We were on top at the end when you would expect in his first home game they would be trying to lay siege to our goal.

I don't buy this shit that we need to make a statement on Bent either. Bringing him on today would have done nothing for the side at all the way it was going, Lambert has made it clear it is a tactical/ training issue, and it is up to the manager.

All in all a good point, it stops QPR building any momentum, we gain a point away from home, take 5 from our last 3 now and look forward to Stoke next week. The pre match thread showed how worried people were by Harry and his first home game, so to come out without losing it, I am happy.
Well said, that man.

Offline johncvilla88

• Personal Website
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Substitutions worked QPR didn't really create any clear cut chances. I also thought Benteke and El Ahmadi had the best chances to win it! Bringing on Bent or Ireland would only have made us vulnerable!

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:08 PM »
Poor. A bit of imagination and we may have won that. We may have lost it too, but we were defending well and we need to start getting wins.

Draws do us no good. If Sunderland win tomorrow then we're right in the shit looking at the upcoming fixtures.

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Useful point in a tough game , performance wasn't great but lets hope we get some injuries clear by next week- stoke will be tough .

Offline supertom

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »
Well it was bit of nothing really. Two poor sides who can't defend worth toffee but were too toothless to do much. I mean with some quality in the final third this was a game that could have been a cricket score. I can't say the final ball was poor because we rarely got to the final ball.

Westwood and Guzan stood out for me. Our two centre halfs did well. Lowton was good. Lichaj looked better on the right than the left, where he was murdered, but for me, he's nowhere near good enough at this level. Herd was poor too.

Bannan did okay. Holman started brightly but faded. Not his usual self. Gabby worked very hard but was equally poor in his ball usage. Benteke was a constant threat but a little slack at times too.

Williams did okay. He didn't get involved much and didn't stand out like say Carruthers did last season when thrown in. Maybe we'll see more of Del Boy, maybe not. Couldn't make much of him though.
Delph is poor.
KEA looked more like the player from earlier in the season. That is to say quite good, if nothing special. But an improvement over recent months.

Can't see what PL's mindset is though. Those changes were very odd. You could argue they worked to an extent, but it was a game for the winning, against a dire defence, and Ireland and/or Bent could have exploited it. Then again, the loss in work-rate with them on might have lost us the game. It's academic now though I suppose.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »
KEA did well though, so did Delph. They allowed us to get possession which we were really struggling with.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
We desperately need some quality in January. KEA and Delph offer nothing from the bench and Ireland should have been brought on. We didn't lose and that's about the only positive.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
Not great, crap stream but it is a work in slow progress and all those who think PL maybe the wrong man for the job, who would rely on Randissapear and Faulkner to get the next one right, lets have a bit of patience and see where it leads to, hopefully survival, because thats where we are now, where ever we think we should be

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
It's a point.

We go again.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
At least we've moved up to 16th

nose bleed ahoy  :o

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
OK first half, shite second.  Happy we didn't lose and the subs PL made, stultifying though they were, worked and we came away from 'Arry Rangers with something.  It's (still) going to be a looooong old season.  I think he might keep QPR up.  I think we'll stay up too but it won't be pretty and we need reinforcements in January.  No excuses and no promising youngsters.

As an aside, the match thread has been mentioned on here over the past few days for being poisonous etc.  I enjoy most match threads as it goes, but I thought it was ruined today by bickering over whether links to streams should be allowed.  If you know how to type and you know about search engines, what is the problem?  There isn't a secret order of internet nerds who 'know' where this stuff is, I'd imagine most people use 'Google'.  It's a shame that people who often post very readable stuff seemed intent on arguing the toss when a very simple solution was at hand. 

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
To go away to QPR, who have been diabolical all season and not have Ireland or Bent involved at all tells you everything about the game. We didn't even try to fucking win. That was every bit as negative as anything that TSM served up.

Benteke was anonymous in the 2nd half, as we gave him no service.  As was Gabby for all of the game. To play 5 at the back for the last half an hour against bottom of the league says it all.

I've been a big fan of Lamberts thinking, but today that was fucking garbage. 

Online ez

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
Ireland and Bent would have been the logical two to come on in the double substitution. QPR are rubbish even with arry. Could have taken them.

Offline johncvilla88

• Personal Website
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
Stoke will be a very tough game.

Specially as they beat the baggies (there bubble has truely brust! Another Blackpool?)

BTW hope we play Chelsea before that sack the fat spanish waiter!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
Another really poor performance, albeit gaining another much needed point.  We really have sunk so very low that people are pleased with nicking a point at a truly crap QPR team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal