collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 76003 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: QPR v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
i have been waiting to see this all action midfielder Gardener, he has been a bit of a dissapointment, no where near PL level based on appearances so far.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree, I'm a massive fan based on his games in the youth team and stiffs but he hasn't cut the mustard at first team level. I'm as certain as I can be that he will do though given time.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »
What is deeply worrying of course is Benteke losing his form. He has kept his performance level high so far. The law of averages says he will go of the boil sooner or later due to the responsibility he takes up front or injuries will take their toll.

As Mr Lambert may sell Darren Bent next month for whatever reason I hope he has identified a big centre forward of some premiership experience who can fill in while Bentekes out. One that can score goals. Its a big ask!

Or perhaps he has another system in mind?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #377 on: December 03, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
Why must he have Premier League experience? Benteke didn't.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #378 on: December 03, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
He doesn't need to have PL experience as long as we've done our homework and with our new scouting set up and value for money abroad, I doubt any targets will.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #379 on: December 03, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
Wasnt too long ago Bent was front runner to be partnering Rooney at the Euros. Guess we dont know if that injury he had has finished him a bit like JPA but he would add more on one leg than Gabby anyway.

Could be worth adding to the Bent conspiracy theories. Perhaps the injuries have taken their toll, and Bent has lost his pace, and Lambert is trying to keep it covered up before he is offloaded in Jan.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
Wasnt too long ago Bent was front runner to be partnering Rooney at the Euros. Guess we dont know if that injury he had has finished him a bit like JPA but he would add more on one leg than Gabby anyway.

Could be worth adding to the Bent conspiracy theories. Perhaps the injuries have taken their toll, and Bent has lost his pace, and Lambert is trying to keep it covered up before he is offloaded in Jan.

Must admit that did cross my mind when watching him earlier in the season.  He looked very sluggish and could hardly jump, but that might have been because he missed a large chunk of pre season. 

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »

The thought had crossed my mind.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #382 on: December 03, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
A bit harsh no? He's hardly a liability.
On reflection perhaps, it's just the giving the ball away in key areas I get annoyed at, it's as if he's been to a Gavin McCann soccer camp.

Offline eastie

« Reply #383 on: December 03, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »
What is deeply worrying of course is Benteke losing his form. He has kept his performance level high so far. The law of averages says he will go of the boil sooner or later due to the responsibility he takes up front or injuries will take their toll.

As Mr Lambert may sell Darren Bent next month for whatever reason I hope he has identified a big centre forward of some premiership experience who can fill in while Bentekes out. One that can score goals. Its a big ask!

I think Bowery is the big type of forward that may be back up if benteke gets injured- lambert must have seen something in him he liked.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #384 on: December 03, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »

I think Bowery is the big type of forward that may be back up if benteke gets injured- lambert must have seen something in him he liked.
Pretty risky back-up plan, unless Lambert has seen something that no other EPL manager has re Bowery. It's possible but ...

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #385 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
unless Lambert has seen something that no other EPL manager has re Bowery. It's possible but ...

Which is what could be said of any player that any PL manager signs.....

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #386 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
We have no idea if Lambert is the only Premier League manager to have seen something in Lowery. For all we know he might be highly rated by half-a-dozen who don't need to take a chance on a back-up centre-forward and another half-a-dozen who didn't think they could compete for his signature with the Villa.

Sounds like talking us down with very little evidence to me.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #387 on: December 03, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »
it was also a game we could of won

If you fancy yourself as a writer, you might want to avoid shite like this.

Offline peter w

« Reply #388 on: December 03, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »
it was also a game we could of won

If you fancy yourself as a writer, you might want to avoid shite like this.

He's just posting in the local vernacular. Bit like Irvine Welsh.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #389 on: December 04, 2012, 11:31:50 PM »
i have been waiting to see this all action midfielder Gardener, he has been a bit of a dissapointment, no where near PL level based on appearances so far.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree, I'm a massive fan based on his games in the youth team and stiffs but he hasn't cut the mustard at first team level. I'm as certain as I can be that he will do though given time.

Think he is injured and out for some time?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal