collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Loan moves...  (Read 7988 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Loan moves...
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:44:48 PM »
Should we sign 3-4 players come January, which of the youngsters do you feel would benefit most from a loan move?

First up for me, and following another thread about the discussion of "that" cross the other night, Albrighton. He is a Villa boy, and loves pulling on the shirt, so I would like to see him get 6 months on loan second half of the season to a Championship club that can help him rebuild his very shallow confidence, get him running past full backs again and delivering the ball without fear. From such a promising start, he has stood still for a long time, and 6 months on loan would make or break him. Maybe somewhere like Palace where Holloway likes wingers and he might get him going.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Loan moves...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Should we sign 3-4 players come January, which of the youngsters do you feel would benefit most from a loan move?

First up for me, and following another thread about the discussion of "that" cross the other night, Albrighton. He is a Villa boy, and loves pulling on the shirt, so I would like to see him get 6 months on loan second half of the season to a Championship club that can help him rebuild his very shallow confidence, get him running past full backs again and delivering the ball without fear. From such a promising start, he has stood still for a long time, and 6 months on loan would make or break him. Maybe somewhere like Palace where Holloway likes wingers and he might get him going.

yep, him, Enda Stevens (if Bennett is fully fit) and Samir Carruthers come to mind. Also, depending on what happens to Bent and if we bring in another forward Weimann and Bowery could do with a spell in the Championship. Weimann's developing well but he could do with some goals. I think we need another forward alongside Benteke and Gabby that is more of a pure finisher. Shame Bent isn't that bloke off course.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
Think Marc need a loan move to somewhere, Derby County or something like that.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Albrighton, Delph, Carruthers, Bent......

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »
We used to have a 'Loan Watch' thread - whatever happened to that. It would be interesting to get reports of how Johnson, Cameron etc are getting on.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
I'm not sure a loan move will make the difference for Albrighton - I just don't think he's good enough sadly.

Carruthers needs to go out on loan - he's looked decent when he's come on but his appearances have been far too limited.  He needs to get some match experience.

Delph - read Albrighton.

Bowery - I was talking to a Chesterfield fan today who said Bowery wasn't very good for them and he's no idea why we bought him.  Send him out on loan and see what happens.

Stevens - yes, send out on loan.  Not sure he'll ever be good enough for the top flight but giving him some experience in the Championship can't do any harm.

Baker - I'd send him out too.  I'm not convinced he's top flight material either but it would be good to see him get experience of some of the strikers in the 2nd tier.

Wiemann - nope.  I think he's good enough to play for us regularly so no need to send him out.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »
Assuming we sign an inside forward, I'd controversially send Weimann out on loan.  I think he's got bags of ability and do not want to see him on the bench for the remainder of the season.  I think he needs games right now and it'll also give Bowery a chance to get ten minutes every now and again, plus reintroduce Nzogbia into the fold (is he injured?).

If Dunne comes back then the same for Baker.

Obviously Carruthers and the others that have not featured so far would be better getting games than playing U21 football.   

Online dekko

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »
Assuming we sign an inside forward, I'd controversially send Weimann out on loan.  I think he's got bags of ability and do not want to see him on the bench for the remainder of the season.  I think he needs games right now and it'll also give Bowery a chance to get ten minutes every now and again, plus reintroduce Nzogbia into the fold (is he injured?).

If Dunne comes back then the same for Baker.

Obviously Carruthers and the others that have not featured so far would be better getting games than playing U21 football.

He has a knee injury, due back in time for the Stoke game last I heard

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »
I'd loan Weimann too. I said this on the other loan thread - he's so close to being good enough for us, that if he went on loan and smashed a few goals in somewhere he'd come back more or less the finished article IMO.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 12:16:40 AM »
I'd loan Weimann too. I said this on the other loan thread - he's so close to being good enough for us, that if he went on loan and smashed a few goals in somewhere he'd come back more or less the finished article IMO.

Right now, he stands out like the weak link in the team, yet his raw ingredients suggest he could be quality once he's played a bit more, but not in his current wide role.

In the future I see him more as a - dare I say it - false nine.  Nominally identified as the striker but using his movement and ability to drop deep and move the defence about, meanwhile backed up by his poacher instincts when he is in central areas.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 06:22:01 AM »
Doesn't look like a false nine to me. Fantastic movement but pretty poor vision and link up play.

Offline supertom

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »
Maybe Roberto Keane till the end of the season, or on an 18 month deal might bridge a gap until Weimanns more complete. Certainly, he'd fit in well in the side when Bent leaves. He's a very good finisher but his play from deep too could really make a difference. I think he'd do even better now with PL's style of football too.

Offline spaf

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 06:40:07 AM »
Doesn't look like a false nine to me. Fantastic movement but pretty poor vision and link up play.
Sadly I agree. Rather he'd play wide striker. During Stuart Baxter era Jonatan Johansson scored lots of goals for Finland from that role. Defended as a right winger, made runs towards goal instead of the corner flag etc.

http://youtu.be/Ay3UVLGD0aA?t=40s
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Fantastic.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 07:41:18 AM »

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »
Daniel Johnson was out on loan with Yeovil but was taken off after 36 minutes in his last match and was returned to us early. The Fonz doesnt seem to be ripping up any trees at Blackpool.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal