collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 02:36:48 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.  (Read 188787 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.
« Reply #810 on: June 14, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
Maybe we should keep Gabby as well because he's been with us for years. Last season Guzan had the worst season I've ever seen a Villa keeper have. New broom at Villa please, Roberto 
When I said fresh start, I didn't mean at Villa.  But other than this season I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as some are making out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #811 on: June 14, 2016, 11:22:16 AM »
He has. Piss poor excuse for a keeper. I hope he still has nightmares about passing it to the Man City player.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #812 on: June 14, 2016, 11:30:51 AM »
I'm coming to the conclusion that the plethora of goals Rudy bagged alongside Rhodes the season before last was a one off.

What about all the goals he bagged the season before that?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #813 on: June 14, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »
I'm coming to the conclusion that the plethora of goals Rudy bagged alongside Rhodes the season before last was a one off.

He had a decent goalscoring for Blackburn. His record elsewhere has been poor though.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #814 on: June 14, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »
He has. Piss poor excuse for a keeper. I hope he still has nightmares about passing it to the Man City player.
What you think he's been shit for his entire time with us?  People in this very thread were saying there were very few keepers in the prem they would swap him for in 2012-13, so he can't have been that bad back then?

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #815 on: June 14, 2016, 02:01:30 PM »
Bringing the thread back to dear old Bradley I hate the bloke with a passion and resent signing onto the official Villa site to be told how well he"s doing for the U.S when the tosspot couldn't catch a cold in our shirt. I can't forgive him amongst others this season for making match costing mistakes  For which there was no apology to either teammates or fans . I took my two sons to the Swansea away game and sadly Bradley must have seen some dandelion fluff in the air at the time he was meant to be getting near to a catch / punch  - no one else to blame , they score , we lose 1-0 ...
Silence from the useless wanker.

Here we go mate.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-brad-guzan-reveals-11426889

Thanks 'mate' I'm still none the wiser, do you want me to accept a sort of apology from Brad in the Mail -circulation 4 pensioners and three Bluenoses after the relegation ? Like I said he's not alone, I know or would like to think players don't set out to make mistakes, they are human so like the rest of us when we make a mistake which hurts others be it unintentionally or not  I always thought it was good manners to apologise? Don't we have an official site that most fans view ?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #816 on: June 14, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »

He got 13 the season before.  He finished the season on fire with 6 in 3 games, but other than it was fairly mediocre fare.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #817 on: June 14, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
Maybe we should keep Gabby as well because he's been with us for years. Last season Guzan had the worst season I've ever seen a Villa keeper have. New broom at Villa please, Roberto 

Indeed. Worst keeper I've seen in a Villa shirt. Certainly the worst long standing first choice anyway.

You must be too young to have seen Tommy Hughes and Evan Williams then.  Awful.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #818 on: June 14, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
We shouldn't settle for shite like Guzan and Clark, hoping they miraculously come good just because we've dropped a division.  Players like that who have failed time and time again should be replaced ASAP.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #819 on: June 14, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »
We shouldn't settle for shite like Guzan and Clark, hoping they miraculously come good just because we've dropped a division.  Players like that who have failed time and time again should be replaced ASAP.

Guzan has played quite well for the USA in CA, away from the poisonous situation at VP he seems to be a different player. He doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of abuse aimed in his direction.

Having said that, its probably better for him that he finds a new club.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #820 on: June 14, 2016, 07:11:45 PM »
I agree, they won't improve, they're let downs. Poor ability and poor mentally. They're too used to losing. Time to cut out losses with such shit.

Offline supertom

« Reply #821 on: June 14, 2016, 07:28:23 PM »

He got 13 the season before.  He finished the season on fire with 6 in 3 games, but other than it was fairly mediocre fare.
He deserves a shot next season though. Not necessarily as our first choice because we most definitely need to sign a new front man, but at the very least Rudy tries and hopefully between RDM and Clarke, we'll actually help the man out and play to his strengths. Instead of playing a striker who's primary attribute is heading the ball, and then not playing a winger, and playing fullbacks who can't control, pass or cross a ball.

I'd fancy Rudy to contribute double figures quite easily. He's not a particularly good player, but I quite like him I must admit.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #822 on: June 14, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »

Guzan has played quite well for the USA in CA, away from the poisonous situation at VP he seems to be a different player. He doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of abuse aimed in his direction.

Having said that, its probably better for him that he finds a new club.

He definitely doesn't deserve the abuse that Gabby, Richards, Lescott, etc. get, he's just plain not good enough.  New owner, new manager (again), it's about time we remembered who the fuck we are and started getting some bloody standards around the place again.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #823 on: June 15, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »

He deserves a shot next season though. Not necessarily as our first choice because we most definitely need to sign a new front man, but at the very least Rudy tries and hopefully between RDM and Clarke, we'll actually help the man out and play to his strengths. Instead of playing a striker who's primary attribute is heading the ball, and then not playing a winger, and playing fullbacks who can't control, pass or cross a ball.

I'd fancy Rudy to contribute double figures quite easily. He's not a particularly good player, but I quite like him I must admit.

He's a decent option to have on the bench and bring on in the closing stages if a changed is needed. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #824 on: June 16, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »
He is a decent option to start 20-25 games and come on in the others. Realistically in that league he has shown he can do it already, he looked a threat for us at times in the Premiership and was always one that gave his all. We would have to spend more than 5-6m to get a player with his record in the Championship so keep him and use him effectively. There are plenty of sides in that division he will enjoy playing against.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal