collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.  (Read 188842 times)

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.
« Reply #795 on: June 12, 2016, 10:37:33 AM »
And that's another thing re Sanchez I'd rather we had players who don't come back late for pre season due to over blown tournaments like this.

I don't think the Copa America is an over blown tournament. Especially as it now includes all the Americas.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #796 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:54 AM »
And Gestede.

Really? I didn't know that. Hopefully, RDM is 'on it' as the kids say!

Maybe - there is still talk that Benin might be disqualified. And there's no guarantee that they'll get through the group.

So we might still have his unique set of skills for that month.

Benin's game last week was cancelled so maybe they are banned. 

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #797 on: June 12, 2016, 01:09:07 PM »
And Gestede.

Really? I didn't know that. Hopefully, RDM is 'on it' as the kids say!

Maybe - there is still talk that Benin might be disqualified. And there's no guarantee that they'll get through the group.

So we might still have his unique set of skills for that month.

Benin's game last week was cancelled so maybe they are banned. 

That game is supposed to be replayed today - so if it doesn't go ahead then they're probably out.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #798 on: June 12, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
Bringing the thread back to dear old Bradley I hate the bloke with a passion and resent signing onto the official Villa site to be told how well he"s doing for the U.S when the tosspot couldn't catch a cold in our shirt. I can't forgive him amongst others this season for making match costing mistakes  For which there was no apology to either teammates or fans . I took my two sons to the Swansea away game and sadly Bradley must have seen some dandelion fluff in the air at the time he was meant to be getting near to a catch / punch  - no one else to blame , they score , we lose 1-0 ...
Silence from the useless wanker.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #799 on: June 14, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
He gave an interview the other week saying he was getting abused out and about in Birmingham and could understand it. Will try to find it to bring some balance.

Brad Guzan has been a good servant for this club. Aside from the release for two months he's been at this club  for 8 years now.

I have to say I was a little uncomfortable with the abuse he was getting at the Bournemouth  home game. Yes he's been poor for a good 18 months now but the club has worn his form down and he needs a fresh start now.

As far as I'm aware apart from the incident at Wycombe he has conducted himself well of the pitch which you can't say for Gabby, Richards, Lescott and Bacuna so I'm all for those getting abuse.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #800 on: June 14, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
Bringing the thread back to dear old Bradley I hate the bloke with a passion and resent signing onto the official Villa site to be told how well he"s doing for the U.S when the tosspot couldn't catch a cold in our shirt. I can't forgive him amongst others this season for making match costing mistakes  For which there was no apology to either teammates or fans . I took my two sons to the Swansea away game and sadly Bradley must have seen some dandelion fluff in the air at the time he was meant to be getting near to a catch / punch  - no one else to blame , they score , we lose 1-0 ...
Silence from the useless wanker.

Here we go mate.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-brad-guzan-reveals-11426889

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #801 on: June 14, 2016, 10:00:48 AM »
I agree.  He had a poor season in a very, very poor team.  He also spat some gum.

Does that really counter 7 years decent service including one or two very good seasons?

I agree a fresh start would be best for all concerned, but the way we turn on long standing decent servants of the club going through a very sticky patch is a bit much for me.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #802 on: June 14, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »
Maybe we should keep Gabby as well because he's been with us for years. Last season Guzan had the worst season I've ever seen a Villa keeper have. New broom at Villa please, Roberto 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #803 on: June 14, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »
I agree.  He had a poor season in a very, very poor team.  He also spat some gum.

Does that really counter 7 years decent service including one or two very good seasons?

I agree a fresh start would be best for all concerned, but the way we turn on long standing decent servants of the club going through a very sticky patch is a bit much for me.

I don't agree with this. At best I think he was just average and at worst he was appalling. He should have just been a second choice keeper but the cutbacks at the club forced us to use him as our number one. Big mistake.
By the way, turning on longstanding players during a sticky patch is one thing, but remember this 'sticky patch' lasted 6 long dreadful years. It's no wonder the fans turned on the players. Agbonlahor is proof of that.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #804 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »
Maybe we should keep Gabby as well because he's been with us for years. Last season Guzan had the worst season I've ever seen a Villa keeper have. New broom at Villa please, Roberto 

Indeed. Worst keeper I've seen in a Villa shirt. Certainly the worst long standing first choice anyway.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #805 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »

Gabby is a total disgrace off the pitch, I would class spitting a bit of gum out at Wycombe as far less of a crime to me than someone actually being unfit to play games in April.

Gabby in the run in once we were down didn't for once have the balls to go out on the pitch and take the abuse that others were getting.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #806 on: June 14, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »

Indeed. Worst keeper I've seen in a Villa shirt. Certainly the worst long standing first choice anyway.

I know you've never rated him but I really don't see how he was than Carson who let's remember was comedy central behind a backline of Mellberg, Laursen and Bouma, proper defenders.

07/08 we conceded about 60 goals didn't we?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #807 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:09 AM »
For me, a decent keeper who lost a lot of confidence. The amount of stick he took last year though might suggest it would be a good idea if he starts afresh somewhere else though.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #808 on: June 14, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »

Gabby is a total disgrace off the pitch, I would class spitting a bit of gum out at Wycombe as far less of a crime to me than someone actually being unfit to play games in April.

Gabby in the run in once we were down didn't for once have the balls to go out on the pitch and take the abuse that others were getting.

That's fair enough. Neither of them should play for us again

Although, as someone who was about 10 yards away from Guzan when he was fucking about in the dugout at Wycombe, he lacked the balls to acknowledge the fans behind him who were trying to remind him that there was a game on and he should perhaps concentrate on it. At least Lescott managed to turn round to sneer at us. Sort of summed up the players' attitude towards us perfectly. The fact that we're having this discussion highlights just what a shit team we had last year and I'd sack the lot of them, given the choice. No second or third chances now. We've got money to spend now and they all look very dispensable all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:41:28 AM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #809 on: June 14, 2016, 10:43:06 AM »

I know you've never rated him but I really don't see how he was than Carson who let's remember was comedy central behind a backline of Mellberg, Laursen and Bouma, proper defenders.

07/08 we conceded about 60 goals didn't we?

You're right Carson was just dreadful, but the fact that Guzan's time as first choice keeper came during the worst Villa era I can remember made it feel a lot worse.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal