collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What do you think is our best line-up?  (Read 4342 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

What do you think is our best line-up?
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:48:33 AM »
From what I've seen so far this season I think this would be our strongest line up. a 4-1-3-2 style formation.

Guzan

Lowton
Vlaar
Clark
Lichaj

KEA
Ireland
Holman
Bannan

Benteke
Agbonlahor

The strike partnership seems to be working. And Ireland and Bannan are clever midfielders who should create enough chances. Holmans work rate is excellent and KEA's passing and reading of the game is excellent.
Lichaj has been more solid than Bennett, who I think isn't ready yet.

Offline Darlo Dave

Re: What do you think is our best line-up?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
Would like to see this side get a run out. Weimann and Holman rotate, depending on how attacking / defensive we need to be.

__________Guzan__________

Lowton__Vlaar__Clark__Bennett

_____Westwood__KEA______

___________Ireland_________

Weimann/Holman______Gabby

___________Benteke________

Offline johncvilla88

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »
Exact same teams as Darlo Dave for me except Weimann in my team every time for me! You can't question that in the 5/6 games he started we won and haven't lost with him in the starting line up!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:31:52 AM »
I noticed that Clark and Bannan made the BBC team of the week. That is great for our youth system.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:32:36 AM »
I would go with this (at the moment)

Guzan
Lowton Vlaar Clark Bennett
KEA
Bannan Ireland
Holman.....................Agbonlahor
Benteke

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
It's tough to tell, but I think the team that played last time would be hard to drop. Westwood coming in looked as good as KEA has at any stage this season.

Offline eastie

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »
Difficult choice really and I guess a lot depends on the opposition - I thought lambert got it bang on at Sunderland but against man utd maybe would bring kea back to provide more midfield cover and leave Weimann out , it's good that we now seem to have options though.
Westwood impressed me hugely on Saturday and I would hope he will get a decent run in the team, a future captain I feel.

The squad is taking shape and once the injuries clear up we will have a pretty strong bench too.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:41:36 AM by eastie »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »
Bannan has to play for me.  He's got a bit of a reputation for playing hollywood passes on here but the reality is he's easily our most effective player in midfield and this year we've looked a much better side when he's started.

I also hope that saturday will serve towards stopping people questioning Clark's ability to play at this level.  At the start of the season Clark was the only player in our defence with more than a handful of premier league appearances (Lichaj) so there were going to be problems but lowton and Vlaar are now looking established and solid and hopefully Bennett will soon as well.

For Man Utd I'd go with the team from Saturday (I guess Bennett won't be fit so Lichaj to start at leftback) but bring KEA in for Ireland at the start and play Bannan a little further forward.  Keeping Weimann and Gabby forward is important as United have had a lot of joy from their fullbacks this year, then keep the midfield 3 tight and harry them defensively.  Benteke is an animal and can hurt their defence but we need to keep it solid at the back first and foremost as they have a very strong attacking 'unit' in RVP, Rooney and Valencia as the supply line.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 11:49:46 AM »
Would like to see this side get a run out. Weimann and Holman rotate, depending on how attacking / defensive we need to be.

__________Guzan__________

Lowton__Vlaar__Clark__Bennett

_____Westwood__KEA______

___________Ireland_________

Weimann/Holman______Gabby

___________Benteke________

I think that looks like the best formation and team we could field at the moment.  The only current dilemmas for me would be a choice between Bannan / Westwood and Holman / Weimann. 

If the likes of Gabby and Ireland can produce on a consistent basis then we only really need to add a dominant central midfielder and a wide forward who can score (although I still hold out hope N'Zogbia could do that for us) to make it a stronger starting XI.     

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
Bloody hell i had forgot about N'Zogbia - says it all i suppose

Intersting how a week or so ago most on here was clamouring for Bent to be a starter - now it seems that it has faded and i honestly can see why. Movement and goals are the key and Benteke is proving to be a really good find

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
With everyone fit and available...

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Dunne Lichaj

Herd
Holman  Ireland Bannan

Bent   Benteke

Offline Ryu

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:07:51 PM »
There's a miserable idiot by me who shouts an ironic 'Hollywood' almost everytime bannan makes a pass. But I think he's been good when he's played this season, and he's usually been in the side when we've performed better this season.  Also, a friend messaged me a stat today that he has the fewest minutes on the pitch per accurate cross (19) and the higest rate if accurate crosses overall (52%) of anyone in the top European leagues.   So its him, ireland and KEA or Westwood in midfield for me. 

I agree with darlo Dave that Holman and Weimann are the best options on the right at the minute, depending on who we're playing. 

So basically lambert had our best team out on Saturday. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:17:44 PM by Ryu »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »
Interesting points on Weimmann, he looks so lively, always a threat.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »
I find it hard to disagree with Darlo Dave's team also!

I like KEA and I like the look of Westwood, so think they would provide a fine central pairing.  I'm also a Bannan fan, but would like him further forward, so see him as in competition for Ireland's spot at the moment.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »
Guzan
Lowton Vlaar Clark Lichaj
KEA
Bannan Ireland
Holman.....................Agbonlahor
Benteke

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal