collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by KRS
[Today at 11:03:17 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 11:01:12 AM]

VAR by Risso
[Today at 11:01:08 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by KRS
[Today at 11:03:17 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 11:01:12 AM]

Re: VAR by Risso
[Today at 11:01:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Re: VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Drummond
[Today at 10:55:33 AM]

Re: VAR by OCD
[Today at 10:54:05 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 55384 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Fulham v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
What a load if shit. Easy money- bet on us for the drop

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
We are fucked.

I know I pissed people off after the last match when I talked of a third season in a row of relegation struggles but that is how I saw 2010/11. I didn't imagine that home game against Newcastle in April 2011 when villa fans were asked to rally around to try and push us over the line for a crucial three points.

The people running this club have reduced us to this.

I hope I am proved wrong and we pick up points in our tough run of fixtures but as things stand, this year, we will already be down by April unless we spend about £20m on proven PL quality players on 1 January.

Offline 1874

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
Fuck! We can't seem to do draws can we? Not clinical infront of goal either. Need to really smash Norwich now.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
Lamberts body language after they scored said it all, he looks like a man under pressure. We cannot play Bent and no wingers it's simple stupid.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
Sell best players, replace them with cheap, unproven championship kids, this is what comes out the other end.

Lerner seems to have a vision of us as some kind of English Ajax where we buy young and hungry and success just happens, as if it is an amazing plan nobody has tried before because they're all so short sighted.

We have, on paper, one of the five weakest squads in the league, despite getting hugely in debt over the last few years.

I don't blame the manager for this state of affairs, I blame the chairman, who has mismanaged this club back to where we were in 2006.

Offline ez

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
Just not creating enough chances and those we do we miss. Our second half performances are getting worse. Where is Weimann?

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »
It wasn't defensively all at sea at all, I thought we were excellent at the back and I really like Baker.  We just seriously lack a cutting edge.  I would bring N'Zogbia back in now, Gabby is flattering to deceive after a couple of decent games when he first showed his mush this season and it is not helping.  Benteke is clearly nervous and how much did we need a chance like that to fall to Bent?  We played decent enough but I am not sure we have it in us to create enough chances.  It's now put a lot of pressure on next week.

Offline django

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »
Lowton was really good. Vlaar and Guzan too.

Nzogbia looked good when he came on, I think he should start the next game. We just look better when he plays, even if he plays badly.

I didn't think anyone had a shocker particularly but thats the most worrying thing. We have a lot of players who are consistently, sort of, kind of, like, um mostly, Ok? They aren't even under performing they just aren't good enough. They are all up to playing at this level, but I don't think you can have a whole side of them. One or two quality additions and they'd be fine, but without them we will continue to struggle.

Fulham looked as strong as us or stronger across the park. Someone like Risse is just a standard Premier league player, the kind that we need but don't have. You wouldn't get his name put on your shirt but he has an efficient quality and experience. We are too short of that at the moment.

Bent is worrying me at the moment, a lot of eggs in one barely involved basket.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »
It wasn't defensively all at sea at all, I thought we were excellent at the back and I really like Baker.  We just seriously lack a cutting edge.  I would bring N'Zogbia back in now, Gabby is flattering to deceive after a couple of decent games when he first showed his mush this season and it is not helping.  Benteke is clearly nervous and how much did we need a chance like that to fall to Bent?  We played decent enough but I am not sure we have it in us to create enough chances.  It's now put a lot of pressure on next week.

Good post mate

Offline Summers

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
Oh dear.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
I still think it will improve, but we might again be thanking our lucky stars for the likes of Swansea, Reading, QPR, Norwich and Southampton being in the same division this year.

I agree. I think its not a case of we are shit so we will go down, more a case of we are shit but there are shitter teams out there and they will go down.

I wonder how long we have to put up with this state of affairs.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
Lamberts body language after they scored said it all, he looks like a man under pressure. We cannot play Bent and no wingers it's simple stupid.

How sad that the manager is the man under pressure, when he'd do a damn good job given the right support. I wonder if he wishes he was still at Norwich. I bloody would.

I'm guessing our chairman didn't catch the game today?

Online onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »
Lowton was really good. Vlaar and Guzan too.

Nzogbia looked good when he came on, I think he should start the next game. We just look better when he plays, even if he plays badly.

I didn't think anyone had a shocker particularly but thats the most worrying thing. We have a lot of players who are consistently, sort of, kind of, like, um mostly, Ok? They aren't even under performing they just aren't good enough. They are all up to playing at this level, but I don't think you can have a whole side of them. One or two quality additions and they'd be fine, but without them we will continue to struggle.

Fulham looked as strong as us or stronger across the park. Someone like Risse is just a standard Premier league player, the kind that we need but don't have. You wouldn't get his name put on your shirt but he has an efficient quality and experience. We are too short of that at the moment.

Bent is worrying me at the moment, a lot of eggs in one barely involved basket.
About says it all

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

I don't blame the manager for this state of affairs, I blame the chairman, who has mismanaged this club back to where we were in 2006.

This. Fans should stick with managers and players this season to the very end. If we do face the drop it is Lerner and Faulkner who should face the wrath of the fans. It is them who have royally fucked up so spectacularly.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »
Customary garbage. But did anyone really expect anything from this match? I'm just glad I didn't waste any money going to the game. We're very, very poor, and I don't see where our next win is coming from, but as Lambert will say after this latest debacle, "we go again."

Oh come on. I can sometimes accept that we shouldn't expect a result against a top team (though we should never just roll over and accept it) but we were playing bloody Fulham, not FC Barcelona.

This isn't about names, it's about teams and players. Our team, our players, are not very good at all. Not good enough to win football matches, as we keep seeing, and not good enough for the name of Aston Villa. So that's why I'm struggling to see where the points are coming from, especially away from home.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal