collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 1778061 times)

Offline Mouse Potato

If Ryan's mum comes along to the signing, it'll turn into a right old pantomime.

Oh no it won't

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
I'd like it if the Zaha talk is true. Lots of potential, looks every bit a Lambert signing and it'd be slightly reminiscent of MON bringing in Ashley in Jan 2006.

If we're going to sign anyone in January I'd like it to be a CM. I think we could do with a centre half as well, but I think that can wait until Summer unless something changes drastically.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
I see Ince could be going Manure . Shame

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
I'd like it if the Zaha talk is true. Lots of potential, looks every bit a Lambert signing and it'd be slightly reminiscent of MON bringing in Ashley in Jan 2006.

If we're going to sign anyone in January I'd like it to be a CM. I think we could do with a centre half as well, but I think that can wait until Summer unless something changes drastically.

We still look vulnerable at the back. 

It could be a case that the back four need time to bed in, but I'd be more confident going into the second half of the season with someone like Dawson brought on board in Jan.   A centre midfielder and a decent winger would leave us in even better shape - but we'd need to see bodies out for that to occur. 

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
I think Lerner might need to put his hand in his pocket for some proper quality this January, if the results don't get any better.
Can't see it myself.

Need some experience though as relegation is a distinct possibility.
It is for all but about seven clubs. If we weren't relegated under the last manager, we're sure as hell not going to be relegated under this one.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
If Ryan's mum comes along to the signing, it'll turn into a right old pantomime.

Oh no it won't

Oh yes it will

*Pantomime horse in claret and blue*, running down the channels, as they say.

Online tomd2103

I would say we need a really top CM in january. Someone who can be influential and martial things. I like El Ahmadi, he's a tidy player, good with the ball, I just think he could do with a solid anchoring player alongside him to give him more freedom. I do think we're lacking a solid tackler in midfield.

Agree Tom.  The midfielder you are describing sounds a lot like the player Paul Lambert used to be, so hopefully he has seen the need too.  It will be really interesting to see if Michael Henke can uncover any gems in his role at the club.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
F'king hell this is like the Christmas Decorations already being in the shops. It's too early..... :-X

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
F'king hell this is like the Christmas Decorations already being in the shops. It's too early..... :-X

I know, I have  just bought a 5 foot penguin from costco , I must be mad .  but with his boots and kits on , Im getting him down Bodymoor for a trial today.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
I think Lerner might need to put his hand in his pocket for some proper quality this January, if the results don't get any better.
Can't see it myself.

It is for all but about seven clubs. If we weren't relegated under the last manager, we're sure as hell not going to be relegated under this one.

Whilst not wishing to pessimistic,  TSM was very very fortunate that there were some dire teams/managers around who were obvious contenders for the drop and duly obliged.  This season it's harder to spot many obvious drop candidates.  Reading and Saints maybe, then there's Norwich and QPR.   Hughton and Hughes have both shown they are capable of better than recent form and by January Hughes will either have been replaced (possibly by Redknapp) or be given a load more cash to spunk.  There aren't many other squads who look as fragile as ours so we do need to be a bit careful. 

Online N'ZMAV

We do need to get in some proven quality. Probably in the middle of the park and another centre back.
First, we need to find a system to suit what we have, and maybe add to that.

Online N'ZMAV

I think Bent may leave in Jan, which wouldn't be bad for us, as long as we're ticking over nicely and a suitable replacement fits our budget.

Offline TaxDodger

Can't see it myself.

Whilst not wishing to pessimistic,  TSM was very very fortunate that there were some dire teams/managers around who were obvious contenders for the drop and duly obliged.  This season it's harder to spot many obvious drop candidates.  Reading and Saints maybe, then there's Norwich and QPR.   Hughton and Hughes have both shown they are capable of better than recent form and by January Hughes will either have been replaced (possibly by Redknapp) or be given a load more cash to spunk.  There aren't many other squads who look as fragile as ours so we do need to be a bit careful. 

I think it'll be three from the current bottom five. I wouldn't be surprised to see Swansea in a bit of a struggle as well. I'm confident at least six teams will finish below us even if QPR buy their way out of it.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
For my money, Norwich and Reading are pretty much down already. The Baggies will run out of steam and we'll finish above them, but they won't go down. I think it'll be Swansea or Wigan to fill the third spot.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
Wigan....last day to send them down...yes please !

UTV
The Doc

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal