collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eck Speaks  (Read 20214 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Eck Speaks
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Quote from: TSM
"I knew I needed to be out of the job."

Err...did you think about resigning? It usually works....

He wouldn't have got the compo then...

He had as much luck trying to score with Nora Batty as we had on the pitch last season.

Offline nigel

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
It was'nt a bad read actually. With regards to the negativity, i just think he was too scared to lose whilst he was here. Like other's have said, a decent bloke who was in a job he should never have been offered although i don't blame him one bit for taking it.

Agree entirely clampy, well said!

Agree

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »
About the one and only highlight of last season - or at least the only one that remains in my memory most [even more so than beating Chelsea away] - is Andreas Weimann's last minute goal against Fulham.

I'm wondering what the best 2 restaurants are he refers to in the article. Guessing one of them is Purnell's, as know the owner of that one is a SHA fan. Anyone any idea what the other one is?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
About the one and only highlight of last season - or at least the only one that remains in my memory most [even more so than beating Chelsea away] - is Andreas Weimann's last minute goal against Fulham.

I'm wondering what the best 2 restaurants are he refers to in the article. Guessing one of them is Purnell's, as know the owner of that one is a SHA fan. Anyone any idea what the other one is?

The McDonalds by the Sty probably.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »
It was'nt a bad read actually. With regards to the negativity, i just think he was too scared to lose whilst he was here. Like other's have said, a decent bloke who was in a job he should never have been offered although i don't blame him one bit for taking it.

Agree entirely clampy, well said!

Agree
Yep I agree with this. But if only he tried to win instead. He might just have done ok. Instead though it will go down in history as one hell of a dull period by TSM.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
I gifted you that one ;). PWS that is.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
I gifted you that one ;)

Not even a McLeish side could miss that open goal.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2012, 12:13:41 AM »
I reckon he'll end up at Blackburn.

Steve Kean >  McLeish

Rovers fans will love that.

Out of the frying pan, into the blast furnace. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:22 AM »

Steve Kean >  McLeish

The sadistic part of my psyche says I hope that happens.

I also don't buy into this "nice guy" bollocks with McLeish. He's one of a number of hopeless managers sat on the gravy train that gives pretty useless individuals, whose faces fit, extremely well paid jobs at decent football clubs, jobs they're totally not up to.

All I've heard from McLeish since we got shot of him is how it wasn't his fault, it was the fans, it was the mean owner, it was the weather, it was in the stars, anything except taking a bit of responsibility himself.

He might not have got us relegated - although he very, very nearly did - but he gave us the most horrific season to watch and, more than any manager for a very long time, made me want to stop watching Villa, and, even worse, made me embarassed of the club.

I hope he gets the Blackburn job and falls flat on his face. Try explaining that one off as down to the fans not liking you.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »
The job he took over was a tough one, but not more so than the one Lambert took one. No mention in the article that he (McLeish) was made the worlds 20th highest paid manager in exchange for turning around such a down at heel club.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »
The thing that I really don't understand is why was he ever given the job? It was so obvious what was going to happen. Last season was like watching a car crash in slow motion. It was pure Newtonian physics. The only thing more predictable was the football we played.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »
I also don't buy into this "nice guy" bollocks with McLeish.

I agree, the man is a self serving prick.

Offline Astral Weeks

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »

Steve Kean >  McLeish

The sadistic part of my psyche says I hope that happens.

I also don't buy into this "nice guy" bollocks with McLeish. He's one of a number of hopeless managers sat on the gravy train that gives pretty useless individuals, whose faces fit, extremely well paid jobs at decent football clubs, jobs they're totally not up to.

All I've heard from McLeish since we got shot of him is how it wasn't his fault, it was the fans, it was the mean owner, it was the weather, it was in the stars, anything except taking a bit of responsibility himself.

He might not have got us relegated - although he very, very nearly did - but he gave us the most horrific season to watch and, more than any manager for a very long time, made me want to stop watching Villa, and, even worse, made me embarassed of the club.

I hope he gets the Blackburn job and falls flat on his face. Try explaining that one off as down to the fans not liking you.

Absolutely 100% this.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2012, 09:53:49 AM »

Me too.Dumping a club by e-mail after relegating them is not my idea of a nice guy. I resent the way he was always referring to the elite teams and knowing he was not going to attempt to compete ,slowly but surely zapping the confidence of the whole team,   A total and utter coward . Balls of steel,my arse. Just a greedy fecker

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »

Me too.Dumping a club by e-mail after relegating them is not my idea of a nice guy. I resent the way he was always referring to the elite teams and knowing he was not going to attempt to compete ,slowly but surely zapping the confidence of the whole team,   A total and utter coward . Balls of steel,my arse. Just a greedy fecker

Agree with all three posts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal