collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:25:59 PM]

VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:24:17 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:20:31 PM]

Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:15:54 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:06:40 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:25:59 PM]

Re: VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:24:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:20:31 PM]

Re: VAR by PaulWinch again
[Today at 07:20:28 PM]

Re: Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:15:54 PM]

Re: VAR by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 07:14:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton "Gets on Fine" with Paul Lambert - Wants to get back in the 1st Team  (Read 25956 times)

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
And maybe it can help change the leopard's spots. he can see the type of footballer lambert wants and in training he has got the chance to try and concentrate on just that, his passing. His thuggery is over-stated on the pitch. he's actually a tough tackling defender who is usually a fraction late. The useless shitbag.

But I'll wager that he'll be back in the team by November if he changes his MO on the pitch. There is a player there. He was good at Rangers and at times good at Tottenham. The system at Villa should be ideal for him as we didn't see him get forward as much as he would have liked I'll guess. Maybe his strength is his attacking.

I agree to a point Peter. Him and Warnock have been awful but know if they want to impress PL they need to up their game. I think PL wanted to get rid of both of them but in the same sense wouldn't hesitate to use them if they showed commitment and earned a place. 

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
Fine?

I used to run to the hills when the ex said she was 'fine'.....
When the missus says does my bum look big in this? I say: "No, it looks fine"...

Why not tell the truth?

If she asks that question - Her bum must look big in everything.

Offline supertom

I really cannot envision Hutton ever having a future at this club. Even if he were to recapture his best form like he did at Rangers, then he's still not worth the 30k(more) a week wages he's on. He's a goner. If we're desperate we might see him 2-3 times this season, but I suspect he'll be gone for cheap in January, if not on loan. Between Lowton, Lichaj, even Herd, we're extremely well covered at right back. Westwood has played full-back too.
Fair play to him for knuckling down though and not moaning though.

Offline mr woo

Alan Hutton? Ability? Yes, as long as you don't forget the 'L' and 'I' in front of it.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Haha, very good.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
But the unwanted right-back reckons the reason he has been axed from the senior squad is because Lambert wants him off the wagebill.
Nope.
It's because you're shit, you useless Wetherspoons turd.

Wages wouldn't come into it if he did a decent job.

What has Wetherspoons done to be bracketed with Hutton?

Their wares are both past their sell by date.

Offline wwwphil

he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.

i know thats his choice and thats what the contracts are for, but this situation with players like Hutton just shows you what a mess the whole of the football economy is, not the players fault he will take whats given, but the administrators have turned the game of football into the bigest bullshit, financial incompetant sport in the world

Agreed 100%

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
I defended him earlier but I had the Scotland Serbia game on in the background yesterday and out of the two or three times I noticed Hutton there was one two footed lunge that could easily have seen him off and later a handball giving an unnecessary free kick away in a dangerous area.   So now I'm not so sure.

Offline kippaxvilla2

If it was a wages issue surely we'd be playing him to get value for money?

So he's thick as well as crap at football.

Not quite as thick as you would think.

Player a earns 35k per week when the club are now imposing wage caps of around £20k per week.  Player a thinks, ah well I have a contract so I will see it out.  Club then make player a train with kids to force humiliation on him and get him to engineer a move himself or via his agent.  Player a doesn't manage to secure a move in the window so both player a and the club are left in a no win position. 

And I also admire him for not being a prima dona about it.  And controversy of controversies, he is better than Lowton at this precise moment in their respective careers.

Offline kippaxvilla2

he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.

i know thats his choice and thats what the contracts are for, but this situation with players like Hutton just shows you what a mess the whole of the football economy is, not the players fault he will take whats given, but the administrators have turned the game of football into the bigest bullshit, financial incompetant sport in the world

Agreed 100%

I think the point you are making about football administration is a good one.  But, to be clear, would anyone on here move jobs for a 50% salary reduction?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Kippax: what is the reasoning behind your assertion that he is better than Lowton? And how come you state it as fact rather than your opinion?

Offline kippaxvilla2

Kippax: what is the reasoning behind your assertion that he is better than Lowton? And how come you state it as fact rather than your opinion?

I have neither stated it as fact or my opinion.  And you seem reasonably intelligent, would it possibly be fact from someone like me, a mere internet warrior?  As for the opinion, Lowton is still learning the game and may well go onto be a very good player, but he isn't proven at this level yet.  It is a matter of opinion as to whether you think Hutton is.  However,  I think he was doing okay at Spuds until he picked up a pretty bad injury and probably hasn't quite been the same player since.  I still think he is worthy of consideration as a cup/squad player however.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024

Agreed 100%

I think the point you are making about football administration is a good one.  But, to be clear, would anyone on here move jobs for a 50% salary reduction?

not really,
 but i'm sure there are a few footballers who have moved on at reduced wages so that they can play the game, your only going to get one playing career after all,
but the point is he will still put money before playing, thats his choice, its a bit different for us as we arnt proffesional footballers who are playing the game we love

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
I wonder why players that aren't popular with fans (Hutton) are greedy feckers who are a prime example of everything wrong with football, while players who are popular (Cuellar) aren't put in the same category. Cuellar drained the club of far more money sat on his backside than Hutton has (so far). 

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
I guess Hutton wasn't popular because he looked a bit rubbish in most games he played last season. If he was any good, I don't think people would give a monkey's, how much he trousered.

Not the best player in the world, but Cueller never let anyone down as far as I can remember

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal