collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Current Captain?  (Read 23672 times)

Offline pedro25

Re: Current Captain?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
For me the important thing is to have leaders in the team, doesn't really matter who wears the armband though.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »
When I look at the squad only Vlaar and Dunne are captain material and I just don't trust Dunne.

Yup.
Vlaar is is then.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
Vlaar seems to have all the attributes to be captain.
Clark would need to establish himself first before being given such a huge responsibility

I think with certain players the captaincy helps them establish themselves, and for me this would be the case with Clark

Offline nigel

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 12:02:08 PM »
Clark would need to establish himself first before being given such a huge responsibility

I think with certain players the captaincy helps them establish themselves, and for me this would be the case with Clark

Yes you're probably right. But, for me, over the last 2 games Baker has established himself a better centre back than Clark, which leaves a bit of a dilema
 on that front.
He could easily play a Gareth Barry type role, which would be interesting to see

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »
Ron Vlaar for me I think your captain should be a defender/midfielder so I would give it to Vlaar.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 12:17:59 PM »
For me the important thing is to have leaders in the team, doesn't really matter who wears the armband though.
Indeed.

If Roy Keane hadn't been Man Utd's captain, does anyone think that he wouldn't have played as he did?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »

Yes you're probably right. But, for me, over the last 2 games Baker has established himself a better centre back than Clark, which leaves a bit of a dilema
 on that front.
He could easily play a Gareth Barry type role, which would be interesting to see

I'm of the opinion that Clark is more suited to playing defensive midfield than centre half at the moment. In time and with experience he'll most likely move back into centre half, similar to Southgate who if i recall correctly had played the majority of his Palace games in midfield before Little signed him.Regardless of the stick he gets on this forum I honestly believe we'll be a lot better when Dunne returns to the side. I think with Dunne alongside him Vlaar will adapt quicker to the Prem, rather than coming in as the senior partner.As for Baker, I haven't made my mind up totally as yet.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 12:18:23 PM »
Vlaar will be the captain next season I think.  For now he needs to establish himself in the team and get used to the premier league.

Offline RN_VILLA

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »
Concrete Ron!

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »
Quite true. That Arsenal team with Seaman, Adams, Keown, Dixon, Winterbourn, Viera and Parlour was amazing. Lots of horrible bastards but all born to win. They could play a bit too.
We could do with some of that fight in our team.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Whoever it is it's not Bent. Appointing Bent has made me think about Lambert's judgement for the first time since his appointment. Bent  has spent a lot of time pointing and waving arms  in the games I have seen so far this season. He obviously thinks that is what a captain should do.
I agree with those of you who have nominated Vlaar  or  El Ahamadi.

He had to pick somebody experienced and who is guaranteed to start most weeks, there weren't exactly a long line of candidates.

I'm sure it will change in time but for now the new signings have got enough to be getting on with in adjusting to the PL.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
I think it has to be Vlaar at the moment, KEa is the only other option. Thejury is still out on Clark at the present time, he does not need the extra responsibility of being captain thrust upon him.

Offline levico

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
So we've pretty much agreed it should be Vlaar, now how shall we tell PL.

I'm serious, perhaps there should be a process for passing our thoughts (when coherent) on to the club.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »

I'm serious, perhaps there should be a process for passing our thoughts (when coherent) on to the club.
No, no, and thrice no.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »

Isn't there a supporters group that has meetings with the club? I think some of the mods on here have contacts when they need to communicate as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal