collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Post-Match Thread  (Read 68664 times)

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Aston Villa v Everton Post-Match Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »
From Auntie:

But Lambert hinted he may bring in more players before the transfer window shuts on 31 August.

"Owner Randy Lerner, myself and chief executive Paul Faulkner will sit and see what's going to happen," the Scot said.

"If something comes available and I think it's worthwhile, then you can look at it.

"It's a really young side and sometimes you need a little bit of help."

They should have sat round a table with a Lambrini at least 2 months ago to sort out the mess we are in .

Offline claretandbeer

« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
Given should have saved comfortably the first 2 goals. After the first hour when it was men v boys and 5 nil would have been a fairer reflection of the play,the only positive I had was of relegation,but out of the doom n'gloom of a long bloody dark tunnel emerged Nathan Baker as CB ,a performance redolent of the debuts of Cahill and in ancient times Sleeuwenhoek. Clark's dismissal was not costly but beneficial. The substitutions of Bannan,totally ineffective again,Herd,played out of position,and Fonz earlier saw better performances from Holman,Lichaj and Weimann.
If Weimann had scored ,instead of hitting the post,from Holman's astute pass, then Holman's final run and shot,instead of passing to Bent to tap in,would have been very dramatic. 10 men remember.
Also ,encouraging was KEA,who when he sat deeper ,was outstanding and a very good performance from Vlaar.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
Given should have saved comfortably the first 2 goals. After the first hour when it was men v boys and 5 nil would have been a fairer reflection of the play,the only positive I had was of relegation,but out of the doom n'gloom of a long bloody dark tunnel emerged Nathan Baker as CB ,a performance redolent of the debuts of Cahill and in ancient times Sleeuwenhoek. Clark's dismissal was not costly but beneficial. The substitutions of Bannan,totally ineffective again,Herd,played out of position,and Fonz earlier saw better performances from Holman,Lichaj and Weimann.
If Weimann had scored ,instead of hitting the post,from Holman's astute pass, then Holman's final run and shot,instead of passing to Bent to tap in,would have been very dramatic. 10 men remember.
Also ,encouraging was KEA,who when he sat deeper ,was outstanding and a very good performance from Vlaar.

This

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2012, 05:55:50 PM »

This is what we were saying on the way home - we could have drawn a game that should have been over after 60 minutes had Everton taken their chances and baker not excelled - wonder if the reality check is more important than a point though?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »
Stick to the positives , KEA settling in steadily & Nathan Baker looks a very good CB in the making. Let's build from this.

Offline Barfluer

« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
Clearly we have a problem in defence so why did the management let the versatile Cuellar go and now I believe that Dunne might be on his way?
Crazy!

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
From Auntie:

But Lambert hinted he may bring in more players before the transfer window shuts on 31 August.

"Owner Randy Lerner, myself and chief executive Paul Faulkner will sit and see what's going to happen," the Scot said.

"If something comes available and I think it's worthwhile, then you can look at it.

They should have sat round a table with a Lambrini at least 2 months ago to sort out the mess we are in .

Images of Randy saying to PL, "You can look Paul, but you musn't touch, OK?"

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »
From Auntie:

You'd think so, but Faulkner and Lerner couldn't organise a 2 car funeral.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
From Auntie:

So before he'd seen his team play he should have sorted out the mess we're apparently in.

He will have learnt more about his players in the 2 competitive games we've played than he will from all the pre-season kick about games and training sessions put together. If he's the manager most of us think he is then he will now know what the priorities are and try to do something about it this week. Those expecting all of the issues to be dealt with in one transfer window, however, are probably going to be disappointed.

The squad we have isn't terrible, most of them will have a part to play as the season progresses, but at the moment the blend isn't quite right. A couple of fresh signings, unavailable players returning and things should look very different in a few weeks time.

Offline Rico

« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
Very worrying times ahead I'm afraid. This has all the hallmarks of 1986 written all over it. A squad that has been reduced to the bare bones and an owner who clearly can't see the writing on the wall. Without investment this will be the year we drop through the relegation trap door. I'd like Mr Lerner to prove me wrong, but I get the impression that he's not interested anymore and is trying to reduce the wage bill even further in order to make the club more attractive to potential buyers. I suspect Mr Lerner will not be our owner for much longer. What division we are playing in next season depends on what investment is made this week and in January. No investment and we're down. The youth are just not good enough at this level.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
The blend of youth and experience is wrong. The prime mover appears to have been to move experience out, because it costs (some on big contracts) or has been faltering. But above that, it's losing quality and it not being replaced by what we've got in or have produced from the youth system. N'Zogbia is not Young; Bannan is not Barry (or even Reo Coker at the moment and probably never will be), and Ireland is not Milner (or has not had much chance yet so show he might be). No time to panic yet as I hope the new signings will find their feet and Lambert gets the green light to bring in a couple more, even a loan signing or two.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
I knew it would turn out bad the second I saw that stupid flame thing as the players came out.

I know, pathetic wasn't it.  The embarrassing thing is that someone at the club has suggested this and others have agreed - surely someone somewhere down the line of command must have questioned it.
Next will be Blur's "Song 2" when/if we score.

I was told it was PF's idea, to "enhance the matchday experience".
Are we playing American football? No, so feck off with the flame thing then Faulkner. You could simply enhance the matchday experience by getting the Yank to back his new manager. Feck me, give Lambert the cash that you gave Pubehead and we will win the fecking premier league never mind finishing mid-table and thinking it was a succesful season. Get a bloody grip at Villa will you and stop trying to fuck us up!! Many thanks. Oh ,and for fecksake,please dont think of having hotdog sellers walking up and down the steps all the time like was tried for a brief period when the Yank took the helm. We are not American, we are British so show us a bit less of your Yanky shite and some more hard British Pounds. Many thanks again. Oh, and...................................Fecking cash please!!!

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
Well thats Everton out of the way....next Sunday.. Newcastle....Paul Cannell!!

Offline mozza

« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »
Can't think of anything that hasn't been said since the mauling by Everton (who look a decent team)..............

Strong belief that to enjoy success we will have to endure days like last Saturday - my hope is that the bad days don't get worse.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »
Everton as good as I have seen them in years.  Good news for us, our new signings looked our best players, KEA grew into his position, Vlaar did a pretty good job, Lowton looked confident and Holman was buzzing around like an angry wasp.  Delfounso remains deceptively slow, bad in the air, over confident and terrible at finding his own team mates with passes.  Bannan remains overconfident, too slow and too light weight.  Nzogbia is every bit as disappointing as Ireland was in the same number of games played.  Liked Baker, still like Herds attitude and tackling, playing him on the wing is tough, thought Clark had an ok day but was done for pace, and in the end the sending off didnt really affect the result.  Bent needs to do a better job of playing off the last man, I suggest watching Jellybitch's first half perfomance.  He doesnt give enough options.  Given, nothing to see here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal