collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celtic friendlies confirmed?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Celtic friendlies confirmed?
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
I know it's the Daily Mail but be a tad surprised if they are announcing the 2 friendlies if it isn't a done deal.

http://tinyurl.com/bl66yfa

Aston Villa have organised two matches against Celtic in aid of Stiliyan Petrov.
The Bulgarian international's two British clubs will face one another as part of their pre-season preparations ahead of their next two campaigns.
The games will be played at Villa Park and Celtic Park, preceded by matches involving former players from both clubs.

It is expected that the money raised after administrative expenses will go towards Leukaemia research.
Petrov also organised for Villa's first-team to contribute to a benevolent fund for the club's former players - despite just having heard the diagnosis about his illness.
A source said: 'It was the action of a true captain.'

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: Celtic friendlies confirmed?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
You know what they say, you don't know what you've got till its gone, I really hope Stan makes a full recovery and we never know we might see him in a Villa Shirt again.

Offline mr woo

Re: Celtic friendlies confirmed?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:04:55 PM »
If I read that correctly , I assume we'll play home and away 12 months apart? If anybody knows which we're playing first would appreciate the info, always wanted to see Villa at Celtic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal