collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone see Randy last night?  (Read 18180 times)

Offline James

Re: Anyone see Randy last night?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
Maybe Randy could sue McLeech on the basis of 'false advertising', after all, he claimed to be a football manager didn't he?

I wonder if us fans could sue him under the human rights act? I mean, torture is a breech of human rights isn't it?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
I agree on that,  he has to go. But the owner is going nowhere, so we have to rely on him to come to his senses. I shalln't be holding my breath.
Will he come to his senses should we be relegated?Or will he come to his senses near christmas next season when we are doing as badly or worse in the prem with ever decreasing attendances and the same feeling of doom hanging over the club?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
McUseless still being manager doesn't make much sense!Where has all the "sense" gone?

I heard Mazrim is saving it up and is going over to Cleveland to slap some into Randy.  Which is a nice thought right now.

Offline forzavilla

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
'Hounding out the owner' when there's noone else to buy the club doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Yeah,your probably right,lets just say nothing eh ? Wouldnt want to upset anybody

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 03:15:25 PM »
It's not about upsetting anyone, if there's noone to buy the club what's the point in trying to hound out the owner? The manager I understand, but not the owner.

Offline forzavilla

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
It's not about upsetting anyone, if there's noone to buy the club what's the point in trying to hound out the owner? The manager I understand, but not the owner.

The poxy chairman bought the moron in did he not ?

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »

The poxy chairman bought the moron in did he not ?

Yes, but as I said you can't hound out the owner if there is noone to buy the club.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
'Hounding out the owner' when there's noone else to buy the club doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Yeah,your probably right,lets just say nothing eh ? Wouldnt want to upset anybody

Totally missing the point.

How are you going to "force" someone to buy the club from Randy? Think about it.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »

Totally missing the point.

How are you going to "force" someone to buy the club from Randy? Think about it.

Glad someone else sees it.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
We have an owner who would sell the club if he got the right offer and would refuse to if he didn't. Any pressure on him to sell is pointless. Pressure to make decisive and positive decisions on key employees would be far more productive.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »
I wonder if Doug had a word in his ear last night.Thats if he is any good at hide and seek.

Offline pestria

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »
I'm not comfortable with this anti Lerner stuff.Admittedly his two managerial appointments have been well, cack, but he has done a helluva lot of good for the club.
Great new training ground and............................?

Was the training ground his work?  I'd have thought with the architects/planning/design issues it must have one of the projects carried over the old regime.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »
I'm not comfortable with this anti Lerner stuff.Admittedly his two managerial appointments have been well, cack, but he has done a helluva lot of good for the club.
Great new training ground and............................?

Was the training ground his work?  I'd have thought with the architects/planning/design issues it must have one of the projects carried over the old regime.

Ripped it up and redesigned it, made it better.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
ok,lets have this right shall we ?

Randy Lerner bought Aston Villa for a knockdown price,threw a bit of his cash at it in the hope of blinding people into thinking that it was the start of something dramatic and when his "5 year plan" went tits up,started to asset strip like crazy and try to recoup his outlay by getting the playing squad down which meant less money being paid out in wages
Darren Bent was bought with the Milner money,the Young and Downing money has gone where ?
So what if we have a state of the art training facility ?,i'm sure the journey men and kids who will be the playing squad WHEN we get relegated will be really appreciative of the depth of the team bath and extra soft physio tables when were dragging our arses around the likes of Barnsley,Millwall,and Brighton next season
Randy Lerner,Faulkner,The General have pillaged ASTON VILLA on the back of a new Holte pub,some free scarves,and hoped nobody would noticed,well a few of the more switched on Villa supporters knew what your game was from the start and now the descenting voices are more than just a few your hiding away like scared little school girls,they are a disgrace and need hounding out the club

disagree with most of that

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »
Look good old Bill Kenwright would sell Everton tomorrow if he could find a big investor, who he could trust. Everton (and latterly Newcastle) show what you can do by spending wisely, at the right times, and by employing a good manager. Our problem is Lerner has set the bar now to comfortable mid-table, so underachieving from that level inevitably pushes us into relegation trouble. And there's McLeish. I thought he might be a safe pair of hands. He's proved to be uninspiring, cautious and I have to say unlucky too. He just now looks a beaten man with a beaten team. There is no business model which will stand for the level of performances at home last year under Houllier and again this year.  Randy could spend all his time in the States for all I care, it's what he's left in Birmingham which matters. Fantastic customer service; faulty product.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal