collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by johnc
[Today at 10:19:28 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The run-in II  (Read 19172 times)

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: The run-in II
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »
I wouldn't like to guess individual scores but I think we'll get just two points from the four matches and go down.

It would take yet more exceptional results elsewhere for that to happen. At the very least QPR would need to win at either Chelsea or Man city, or Blackburn at both Chelsea and Spurs.

QPR wouldn't need to do anything. Instead Wigan would need to win 2 out of 3, and Bolton 3 out of 5. Both have easier run ins.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:57 AM »
I wouldn't like to guess individual scores but I think we'll get just two points from the four matches and go down.

It would take yet more exceptional results elsewhere for that to happen. At the very least QPR would need to win at either Chelsea or Man city, or Blackburn at both Chelsea and Spurs.

QPR wouldn't need to do anything. Instead Wigan would need to win 2 out of 3, and Bolton 3 out of 5. Both have easier run ins.
So you suggesting that Blackburn will stay up and we'll go down with QPR and Wolves?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »

Which would see QPR and Blackburn down with Wolves?
Where are QPRs possible 5 points coming from or Blackburn's 8 (or 9 as 8 is impossible) in the scenario we get 38 points?
And presumably one of Wigans wins is against Blackburn as I dont imagine they'll beat Newcastle.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:02:01 AM by Mazrim »

Offline maidstonevillain

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »

Which would see QPR and Blackburn down with Wolves?
Where are QPRs possible 5 points coming from or Blackburn's 8 (or 9 as 8 is impossible) in the scenario we get 38 points?
And presumably one of Wigans wins is against Blackburn as I dont imagine they'll beat Newcastle.

Fair comment. just trying to point out there is a number of permutations, and we are not dust relying on QPR to win their games. For the record, if we get two more points I think it is very unlikely we will go down. But I am also worried that if we lose against Bolton we will not get any more points. This manager has a record of relegating teams against all the odds.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »
Bolton - Draw
WBA - Win
Spurs - Lose
Norwich - Draw

That's my predictions should see us safe.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
We will win every game from now till the end of the season.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »
Bolton (H) Win
West Brom (A) Lose
Spurs (H) Lose
Norwich (A) Draw

40 points and safe!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »
Fair comment. just trying to point out there is a number of permutations, and we are not dust relying on QPR to win their games.

The vast majority of those permutations would see us safe, especially the more realistic ones.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
Bolton - Draw
WBA - Win
Spurs - Lose
Norwich - Draw

That's my predictions should see us safe.

Bolton - Win
WBA - Lose
Spurs - Draw
Norwich - Lose

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »
Bolton - Win
WBA - Draw
Spurs - Lose
Norwich - Draw

Offline maidstonevillain

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »
Fair comment. just trying to point out there is a number of permutations, and we are not dust relying on QPR to win their games.

The vast majority of those permutations would see us safe, especially the more realistic ones.

Only if we get two morre points.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 10:43:14 AM »

Only if we get two morre points.

As I said, it's about being realistic.  We have a home game against Bolton where we're favourites, so if you try to look at it objectively you you'd fancy us for at least one of those points tomorrow night.  After that, we haven't lost 2 in a row all season, let alone 3.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:32 AM »
i'm probably more mystic mug than meg, but i can see us snatching two more points, one against bolton, and the other against norwich, so does two more make us absolutely safe? As much as i want regime change, i don't want relegation to achieve it.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »
I did the BBC predictor with us losing every game and with all the other results as i predict and I get us staying up by 2 points.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
I did the BBC predictor with us losing every game and with all the other results as i predict and I get us staying up by 2 points.

Some people will still only belive the first part of that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal