collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby named as captain  (Read 24833 times)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
Re: Gabby named as captain
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
Gabby will come good.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
He has been woeful for months. I have been critical of his movement in the main, and the fact he often goes missing in games, but today he did not even look committed. Something has to give.

He can't play up front on his own.  He doesn't read the game well enough and he can't keep hold of the ball.  Summed it all up for me when he pulled out of that 50/50 tackle with Carrick in the 2nd half.  I say 50/50, but it was more like 60/40 in his favour and he just pulled out of it.  So disappointing to see that from any player, but when it is your captain it is pretty inexcusable.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
If I was Captain of my boyhood team and was on the end of a 4-0 drubbing I'd be off sharpish too and wouldn't want to face anyone.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
I thought Gabby was our man of the match yesterday.......
NOT!  He was shit as usual.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2012, 10:04:15 AM »
Gabby will come good.
Yes, probably for the first 8 weeks of next season, then he'll go back to being average, slightly over-weight and will lose a bit more pace.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
When i saw Gabby pull out of that 50/50 challenge with Carrick I felt like putting my foot through the TV. As our captain, it was pathetic.

Offline eastie

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »
Gabby does not deserve a place in the team on current form -rather than telling fans to back the manager he should be doing his talking on the pitch- not good enough, get rid!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
When i saw Gabby pull out of that 50/50 challenge with Carrick I felt like putting my foot through the TV. As our captain, it was pathetic.

Shocking alright. Intimidated by Michael Carrick

Gabby looked unhappy on the left earlier in the season but was playing great stuff. With Bent injured, he has been given a big chance to show his true worth in his best position. It hasn't been pretty. His stats over the last 2 seasons have been shocking.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2012, 11:46:54 AM »
For a player to look especially bad in the current Villa team takes some doing.

Gabby his not worth his place at the moment, let alone being captain.

Even from our view up in the Goodyear Blimp yesterday, that tackle he pulled out of against Carrick was an embarrassment.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2012, 12:06:46 PM »
There's something not right about him at the moment, to me he dose'nt look at all fit. Even Heskey seemed quicker than him when he came on yesterday.

Offline sg

« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »
Still injured is my guess. Wasnt his back&hamstring mentioned around x-mas time?
I cant recall the last time i've seen him running full pelt in a game.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

No, nor can i so he needs to be dropped. I'd start with Carruthers and N'Zogbia against Sunderland, with Weimann through the middle.

Offline john robsons sideburns

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »

Totally agree, too many times he goes missing, and that particular moment just about summed up our season to me......carrying too many passengers, and players who despite what they may say, just do not have the enthusiasm or stomach for Villa anymore.

Is this their fault?  Certainly, is this because the manager has totally demotivated them and allows this to happen?  Quite probably. 

Either way, he should DEFINITELY be stripped of his captaincy, to allow someone to skipper the team after that display of demotivating unleadership, would be a travesty.  What kind of example is that.

I'm not singling Gabby out individually, I still think he's got a lot to offer Villa, but you cannot defend that

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
Even from our view up in the Goodyear Blimp yesterday, that tackle he pulled out of against Carrick was an embarrassment.
I was shouting "bottled it!" at the screen yesterday when I saw that. Pathetic. Alan Wright would have went in harder than that.

Offline eastie

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

No, nor can i so he needs to be dropped. I'd start with Carruthers and N'Zogbia against Sunderland, with Weimann through the middle.

Agreed, carruthers looks hungry and i like the idea of him and nzogbia supplying weimann- no way mcleish will drop gabby though as we both know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal