collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Better fan than you  (Read 29704 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Better fan than you
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
I always feel it's like walking out of the cinema with 5 mins of the film left, you just wouldn't do it.

I'm just about old enough to remember the dash for the exits the moment the film finished to beat standing for the National Anthem.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
I am with you Stu.   If anybody by me had the balls to get sarcastic with this old git for choosing what time he wanted to leave I would tell him to mind his own fucking business.

I never leave early but I fully understand that a lot of people have valid reasons for doing so.   Saturday night is the highlight of a lot of people's social life getting away from the worst of the traffic may well be the difference between a pleasant evening or a horrible one.

My son left at 90 minutes yesterday because his wife had tickets for the theatre in London.   He was in his seat for the start of the play at 7.30.

I left two minutes after the whistle at 4.55 and due to traffic problems arrived home in Cambridge at 10.20.   Wife in bed dinner in dog. 

It is the nature of football these days when fans travel great distances and spend many hours going to and from games both home and away.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »
We had to leave Wigan early as I had to be in London for work at 8pm. We had to get a taxi to the station. Taxi firms won't take bookings directly after the final whistle so it had to be early. I had to go to work or let the job down and be light in the pocket. So it was either leave early or not go. The latter is not an option.
The bloody train was 30 minutes late and was cursed by me up hill and down dale.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »
We used to have 2 old buggers in our row who always left early - it used to drive me nuts. My comments and general  display of disgust as they passed have finally got through as I only see one of them these days...

Perhaps he couldn't be bothered with the stroppy git that used to make sarcy comments at him every match? I would have told you to fuck off and mind your own business.

I'm still there supporting the team - old git or not.

Offline SashasGrandad

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
I am with you Stu.   If anybody by me had the balls to get sarcastic with this old git for choosing what time he wanted to leave I would tell him to mind his own fucking business.

I never leave early but I fully understand that a lot of people have valid reasons for doing so.   Saturday night is the highlight of a lot of people's social life getting away from the worst of the traffic may well be the difference between a pleasant evening or a horrible one.

My son left at 90 minutes yesterday because his wife had tickets for the theatre in London.   He was in his seat for the start of the play at 7.30.

I left two minutes after the whistle at 4.55 and due to traffic problems arrived home in Cambridge at 10.20.   Wife in bed dinner in dog. 

It is the nature of football these days when fans travel great distances and spend many hours going to and from games both home and away.

But you wouldn't leave the theatre early would you?

My gripe is with those who leave in the last few minutes when there is still a chance of winning as yesterday.

What you do if your wife decided to get out of bed to make a cup of tea when you were just about to ........

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »
Honestly, why do you care if somebody needs to get out of the ground a bit earlier than you?  There are lots more things to get annoyed about.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
Honestly, why do you care if somebody needs to get out of the ground a bit earlier than you?  There are lots more things to get annoyed about.

This.

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
I know, so what if some people want to leave? It's up to them and no one else

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
More room to celebrate?

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »

Like someone beating you to it.

Offline SashasGrandad

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
If there are far more important things to do that wait for the end of the match.

1.  Get yourself a seat near the end of a row.

2.  Do it before injury time.

3. Wait till there is a break in play.

4. Go to the nearest aisle (unlike the old git who used to annoy me so much - who sat 3-4 seats from an aisle to his left - but always left early by walking to his right along the row in front of myself and others - stopping to watch the game if it got interesting)

5. Don't sit in my row cos I'm a miserable old git!

But very pleased I waited till the end yesterday!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:49:13 PM by SashasGrandad »

Offline Simba

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »
Well I think number five about covers it.

Offline Simba

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »
I always feel it's like walking out of the cinema with 5 mins of the film left, you just wouldn't do it.

I'm just about old enough to remember the dash for the exits the moment the film finished to beat standing for the National Anthem.

I was a boy scout dib dib whatever. I used to stand to attention for the bloody thing! Bloody Pathe news. pft.

Offline ez

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 06:01:43 PM »
I'm glad the 'early leavers' turned up in the first place or the attendance would have been even more embarrassing.

What was so embarrassing about pulling in 32K? I thought that was a decent gate under the circumstances.
There was definately not 32k there today more like 28k they count ST holders wether they attend or not or so I was told yesterday.

Really? Who told you that? And how can you expertly guess 28K?

The attendance announced is the number of tickets sold not bums on seats.
Plus a lot of people stand up ;)

Offline Simba

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
All ST holders are included in the recorded 'gate'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal