collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Renew or not Renew?  (Read 33707 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Renew or not Renew?
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »
Need some people in P8! It looked very empty on Saturday!

It will be full next season.  Wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't already sold out.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »
I think if I were going to relocate (from UT), I would go towards the P1 end. I reckon being that close to the away fans would do my nut in.

Offline villajk

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2012, 01:01:08 PM »
I think if I were going to relocate (from UT), I would go towards the P1 end. I reckon being that close to the away fans would do my nut in.

We often end up next to the home fans at away games so are hoping we won't find it too bad.  Fingers crossed.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
Not directly related (well maybe it is)  but how many games this season has the lower Holte been full? 

Looked very sparse on Saturday. 

Not great for the image of the club, the stand where the supposed bedrock of the support is meant to be being that light in numbers. 

The club are to be commended for bringing out the cheaper season tickets in limited areas, but -as others have illustrated on this thread-  it's not likely to attract new support.  Or to convince those who might have bailed in the last 18 months to return.

All that seems to be happening is that existing season ticket holders are moving to parts of the ground where the cheaper deals are on. True, in some cases this has meant that we'll retain some supporters who we would have otherwise lost.  But how many of those would've -when it came to the crunch- renewed at the regular price?   For all the talk of how utterly arse this season has been (and it has)  it takes a lot for regular folk to give up the gig.

The point to all this?   I'm not sure really, I'm confusing myself.  Maybe have more reasonable prices across the board, so we don't have the weird sight of a half deserted Holte and a packed Witton (and next season the wings).  But more importantly, maybe the penny will drop that discounts - although welcome-  won't really make the thing more palatable if the club continue to highlight and prioritise the wage bill and making the Deloitte top 20, at the expense of on the field activity. 

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2012, 02:29:01 PM »

If away fans at the Villa are anything like some of our fans when we're away, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near them.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
If the p8 tickets have sold out in a day, it just goes to show no matter how bad we are, and despite all the fallout of having an ex Birmingham manager in charge, if the prices are right then fans will snap them up. Im think a£150-200 decrease all around the stadium would see the club selling 30000 plus. Furthermore they should restrict match tickets to £20- £25 max.

This would ensure a sell out for most home games IMO, which would bring a "feelgood" factor back to villa park, which would benefit the team playing in front of a more partizan support. I dont think its no conicidence, that Newcastle's improvement this season is due to the fact that they vastly reduced there season ticket prices last summer, so they have been playing in front of near capacity attendances all season.

Offline RunRickyRun

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2012, 07:28:24 PM »

We often end up next to the home fans at away games so are hoping we won't find it too bad.  Fingers crossed.

I'd imagine there will be a fair few empty seats in the other blocks so you may be able to move over for a lot of the games.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
So, existing season ticket holders are re-locating to cheaper seats, and potential new season ticket holders will not get a chance of cheaper seats and will therefore have to fork out in the more expensive seats that they weren't buying anyway.

Doesn't really sound like this is going to work out is it?

Offline villajk

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
So, existing season ticket holders are re-locating to cheaper seats, and potential new season ticket holders will not get a chance of cheaper seats and will therefore have to fork out in the more expensive seats that they weren't buying anyway.

Doesn't really sound like this is going to work out is it?

No, not true.  There were 2,000 £295 tickets.  1,000 for existing season card holders and 1,000 for new season card holders.

Offline villajk

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
^^^^

Which go on sale nest Monday, 19th march.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
I stand corrected

Offline villajk

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2012, 09:45:18 PM »
Me and couple of friends are considering relocating from the middle lower Holte to the Upper Trinity. Seemingly going against the grain on here but that'll add £100 to our season tickets.

Part of the reason is the generally horrible atmosphere in the Holte these days, in part worsened by Big Feck's appointment and the fact some people have never taken to him (the fact I think he's gash regardless of where he came from is irrelevant).

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
If the p8 tickets have sold out in a day, it just goes to show no matter how bad we are, and despite all the fallout of having an ex Birmingham manager in charge, if the prices are right then fans will snap them up. Im think a£150-200 decrease all around the stadium would see the club selling 30000 plus. Furthermore they should restrict match tickets to £20- £25 max.

Exactly this. I emailed Paul Faulkner and told him this point - he had the decency to reply but it was the standard party line - our tickets are competitively priced compared to our competitors. I replied to him that when it comes to ticket pricing, it is irrelevant what the other clubs are charging.

If WBA are charging £300 and Villa £500, I am not going to start buying an albion season ticket.

I want a full Villa Park - they are killing any hope of that by charging the prices that they charge. People can watch the game for free on the internet or go and spend saturday afternoon in the pub and watch 3 games for £20 quids worth of beer.

I didn't get a further reply from him when I made that point. I am going to offer them £300 for my season ticket in the centre upper trinity - that is a fair price for the entertainment on offer I think. If they decline my offer, I will not renew and will instead purchase tickets on a game by game basis.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
Welp, after being shown a new seat up in P8 I am 295 quid lighter and the owner of a new season ticket for next season.

A transfer from the North Stand to a nice seat with legroom and a fantastic view for over 100 quid less than my old cramped seat in the upper north - I am actually quite chuffed and looking foeward to next season now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal