collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 2451105 times)

Offline DrGonzo

Re: Bosmans, Bosmans, Bosmans
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
In for Artur Boruc according to The Sun on Sunday this morning, as Shay's No2.

Is this why we have offered brad 2 a new contract??

Bosmans in and fringe players transferred out will generate cash for a couple of 'marquee' signings (think canvas tent rather than big top).  It's not impossible to build a good squad on small signings tho', it just helps if you have a good manager to make them play football.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
So it could be between Joe Lewis, Guzan and Boruc for a seat on the bench.
I'd go for Lewis. Cheaper wages.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
From Talksport's Website.

Aston Villa are keeping tabs on AZ Alkmaar midfielder Rasmus Elm, according to reports in Sweden.
The Sweden international has impressed at the Dutch club and has been tracked by Villa's scouts since January.
And Alkmaar have reportedly slapped a £5m price-tag on the 23-year-old, who is also being chased by Russian side Rubin Kazan.
According to Expressen newspaper, Kazan even made a January bid for Elm, but the player turned the move down as he did not want to move to Russia, giving Villa hope they will succeed with a move next summer.

Yes Please. Never happening though.

Rasmus Elm £5m > Craig Gardner or Steven Davis £5m
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:49:15 PM by Shoody »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
it wouldn't surprise me if we brought in a couple of players from Holland, Dutch nationality or otherwise. It's nice to hear that we are casting our net a little wider whoever it might be. I hope they days of us plundering only the overpriced UK market are over.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »
My comment about a defensive midfield player was to go with Herd in the event of Petrov going, which I think he may well do in the summer. 2 sitting midfield players in front of the back 4 are useful in some games and our lack of defensive midfield options are painful.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »
it wouldn't surprise me if we brought in a couple of players from Holland, Dutch nationality or otherwise. It's nice to hear that we are casting our net a little wider whoever it might be. I hope they days of us plundering only the overpriced UK market are over.

Yep,hopefully no more Huttons.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »

hopefully. I don't think even McLeish saw that disaster coming. Spurs paid a lot more than we did for him and to say he hasn't exactly worked out (yet) in England is an understatement.

Offline garyshawsknee

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
I can't see anyone dumb enough to buy him off us,especially as Rangers are financially crippled.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »
I think Hutton will prove to be a slow burner and turn into a tidy little player, once the rest of the defence is sorted out.

Players like this Elm seem the way for us to go.   

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »

Yep, Arthur Numan is our Dutch/Northern Europe scout so I would expect some knowledge of their game. Especially as he also doubles as the Dutch B team manager. He must have a good line on some of their better youngsters.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
Elm would be an absolutely fantastic signing. But he is likely out of our range, he's always linked to the top clubs like Utd. And his agent had this to say about him in January:

'He is currently the best footballer in the Eredivisie. This competition is an excellent stepping stone to the big European leagues, like the Premier League. Rasmus is looking for a league and club that is at the highest level.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/886630-agent-of-man-united-target-rasmus-elm-talks-up-premier-league-switch#ixzz1oFyCYJzC

Whilst his agent is unlikely to say 'Rasmus is an okay footballer and is looking to move to a club near the bottom of the premiership'. I still cant see Elm coming to us, but  major props to McLeish (or whoever) if we make it happen.

Elm
That said he's a very good player, started out as a left winger but can also play on the right and is very good in the middle. If we were to sign him I would expect Ireland to make way for him (as Elm is a very good passer, and likely on less wages coming from the Eredivisie).. As Ireland is one of the Six on large wages expected to move on this summer.

He takes a great free-kick. Having him, Nzogbia and Bannan stood over a dead-ball would be fantastic.

Albrighton---Elm---Nzogbia
--------------Bent

Has scored 9 goals and 9 assists this season in the league.

Not that any of this matters as the only reason we will be scouting him is because of this. Looooong throw

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:49:32 PM by Shoody »

Offline garyshawsknee

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
I think Hutton will prove to be a slow burner and turn into a tidy little player, once the rest of the defence is sorted out.

Players like this Elm seem the way for us to go.   

You may be right John,I'd flog him though and see if Lichaj or Herd can develope into a decent rb,and offer King Carlos a new contract.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
He's no longer on the radar as Alkmaar have been hit by a bug and Rasmus now has....... dutch elm disease.

Coat?

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
Let's not get excited about anyone.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »

hopefully. I don't think even McLeish saw that disaster coming. Spurs paid a lot more than we did for him and to say he hasn't exactly worked out (yet) in England is an understatement.

I dunno.  I think we're getting pretty much what we paid for i.e. a 3m footballer.
More recently he's been pretty steady but I'll acknowledge that that's probably the best he will be.  I'd guess his ceiling level will be of the quality L.Young.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal