collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Note to Talkshite and 5 Live  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Note to Talkshite and 5 Live
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
I really don't care where our manager came from.
I don't care that he managed that shower of shit down the road.
I do care about what he is doing to my club and that is turning us into relegation fodder.
I do want him to get sacked or to fall on his sword because of the 'brand' of football he is subjecting us to.
I want him out of my club because his aspirations do not match mine.
I want to be proud of my club, I have a deep emotional connection with Aston Villa Football Club.
I will have that connection when AM has relegated us and been sacked or given the chance to get us back up or moved on to a better job.
I will still be here when Randy has sold us and moved on to pastures new.
I can only speak for myself but feel sure that others feel the same.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:26:47 PM by Fergal Bent »

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: Note to Talkshite and 5 Live
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »
I do care about what he is doing to my club and that is turning us into relegation fodder.
I do want him to get sacked or to fall on his sword because of the 'brand' of football he is subjecting us to.
I want to be proud of my club, I have a deep emotional connection with Aston Villa Football Club.
I will have that connection when AM has relegated us and been sacked or given the chance to get us back up or moved on to a better job.

Amen Brother

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »

Seriously?  You think AM will get a better job than this?

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »

Seriously?  You think AM will get a better job than this?
When he and Randy have turned us into a mid table championship team he will move on.  There will be many better jobs than managing AVFC then.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »

Agree Ferg. We'll have to live with their mistakes long after they have gone and forgotten about us. I'm fucking sick of hearing the 'it's because he came from blues cop-out'. If he had came a season earlier when he had finished ninth with them he would have been greeted much more favourably. Though I'm not sure he'd have done a better job.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
If the team was playing better football and winning games it wouldn't matter in the least where he came from. It's way too easy to concentrate on that fact than the one that looks us squarely in the face. Most rational Villa fans aren't the ones concentrating on him being from the shit. We want our team to do well, that is all. We are playing horrendously an in my opinion way below what we are capable of.

That is the problem and we a fucking lucky this season that in all likelihood, there will be three teams that will be worse than us.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
I would take Hughton in a heartbeat, and he's with the Blose.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »
Its amazing how the national media still beat this drum,like were all cavemen and can only see how he use to manage the blues.

This is the least of our worries,the football is so bad this year that it makes the football under GH seem like a vintage year.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
Its amazing how the national media still beat this drum,like were all cavemen and can only see how he use to manage the blues.

This is the least of our worries,the football is so bad this year that it makes the football under GH seem like a vintage year.

To be fair, towards the end Houllier and Gary Mac had the players playing some good stuff.

Shame McLeish has now had long enough to knock the "pass the ball, move into space" philosophy that some had last season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

To be fair, towards the end Houllier and Gary Mac had the players playing some good stuff.

Shame McLeish has now had long enough to knock the "pass the ball, move into space" philosophy that some had last season.

Dont get me wrong,at least there seemed to be some sort of game plan under Houllier,if anything,he was guilty of trying to change things too quickly. Under this regime,i just dont see what our game plan is,if he has one at all that is.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
Ian Taylor coming up on 5-live in a bit. I've implored him on Twitter to set the record straight over this issue!

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
Whoever it is presenting 6-0-6 just mentioned the Blues thing. In spite of the fact the three previous callers all complaining about the style of play and shit results rather than him coming from City.

Even the Blues fan on afterwards pointed out that his style wasn't a good fit for Villa. Even they get it more than these so called experts.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
Hopefully he will go, and when Villa fans are then accused of hounding him out because of the Blues connection I won't care because at least he won't be our manager.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 07:44:43 PM »
Just noticed this. Well said, Fergal.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
Whoever it is presenting 6-0-6 just mentioned the Blues thing. In spite of the fact the three previous callers all complaining about the style of play and shit results rather than him coming from City.

Even the Blues fan on afterwards pointed out that his style wasn't a good fit for Villa. Even they get it more than these so called experts.

It really is frustrating when they keep digging up that old bone, we are way past that now, Villa fans are pissed of because we are simply going absolutely nowhere, the big event of this season, last season and next unless things change will be a battle royale to survive, and that's it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal