collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa F.A. Cup 4th Round Post-Match Thread  (Read 80680 times)

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa F.A. Cup 4th Round Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
There is alot right with us atm but so much wrong. why oh why is cuellar looking like going yet dunne and collins stay? how many basic mistakes will dunne make? Warnock improved but again was error strewn for the majority of the first 30mins. Could anyone get anymore out of this defence?i think probably not...

MON?

Offline Villanation

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:47 PM »
Decent first half, we just don't have the steel to hold out against that kind of pressure, minute they got the first I knew that was it.

Pointless looking at players that id or didn't hack it, Wenger got them in at half time and sorted them out, that's why he's been running one of the top sides in the country for yonks.

Offline nuninho

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
Predictable and frustrating.  Not once was the ball cleared and held up up top to relieve the pressure.  2 effectively in midfield against Arsenal?  FFS.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »
The Manager had the right idea today. The players just let him down with some shocking decisions.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
people may get into hutton as well for the goal but watching it back with a clearer head, its warnock that again gets fingered by walcott. hutton is an easy target but they didnt have much joy down out right, oxlade didnt have too much joy against him

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »
There is alot right with us atm but so much wrong. why oh why is cuellar looking like going yet dunne and collins stay? how many basic mistakes will dunne make? Warnock improved but again was error strewn for the majority of the first 30mins. Could anyone get anymore out of this defence?i think probably not...

MON?

OK, fair point but this is MONs defence. he signed them and i dont think they have responded to anyone since MON left.....

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
Well at least we gave it a go, unlike last year. I'm encouraged, we look good going forward, midfield looks ok and the goalie is good.

Dunne makes catestrophic errors and always will do and needs replacing as does Collins. You would think AM knows this and will replace when he can. Why he doesn't pick Carlos enough is strange though.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »
The Manager had the right idea today. The players just let him down with some shocking decisions.

Did he? Playing Warnock, buying and playing Hutton. 2 in midfield, Gabby on the wing. Continuing with Dunne,Collins and Cuellar who's mind is elsewhere. I would have took Bent off at half time as well playing Gabby up top and adding an extra defensive player.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:19 PM »
people may get into hutton as well for the goal but watching it back with a clearer head, its warnock that again gets fingered by walcott. hutton is an easy target but they didnt have much joy down out right, oxlade didnt have too much joy against him

Apart from the two pens. The first at least was Hutton losing out to the ball very easily which then allowed them alot of space to run through and get the first.

I never thought I would see a Villa player who would be out passed by Cueller but then I haven't really watched Hutton alot.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »

Did he? Playing Warnock, buying and playing Hutton. 2 in midfield, Gabby on the wing. Continuing with Dunne,Collins and Cuellar who's mind is elsewhere. I would have took Bent off at half time as well playing Gabby up top and adding an extra defensive player.

Ok, so where are the 4 replacement defenders coming from?

Do you propose that we should have played the youth team against Arsenal at the Emirates?

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »
wow. keown really is an arsenal man isnt he? doesnt seem to have much affection for the villa at all. he doesnt want to talkabout us at all...

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »

So when did Warnock get fingered by Walcott?

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »

So when did Warnock get fingered by Walcott?

And is it on youtube?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »
Predictable.  Nothing to get excited about, move along nothing to see here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal