collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Pre-Match Thread  (Read 44592 times)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Re: Aston Villa v Everton Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »
My biggest fear is a mistake of gigantic proportions from Warnock (again) Moyes will have done his homework and will get the ball out to that wing to attack knowing he is suceptible to any type of pressure .... 2-1 Gabby Collins.  Cahill ..

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »
Agreed to an extent and I think mcleish will urge the players to get the crowd on side early on. That would be great, but it could backfire if we lose concentration at the back an concede an early goal

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
Bit disappointed in Brad being dropped. I'm a firm believer in keeping the shirt if you're playing well.

It's a nice problem to have. Guzan will be straight in unless Given plays really well from now on.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2012, 11:18:18 AM »
My biggest fear is a mistake of gigantic proportions from Warnock (again) Moyes will have done his homework and will get the ball out to that wing to attack knowing he is suceptible to any type of pressure .... 2-1 Gabby Collins.  Cahill ..

Do Everton have a right winger? 

In any case I think the whole things been overplayed. He had a great game at Chelsea, for instance.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
Warnock was great against chelsea, but he was dire against Swansea and in the first ten minutes of the second half against Bristol Rovers he gave the ball away three times. Overall he really is'nt good enough.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:48:19 AM by Clampy »

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
Is Cahill even going to play. I've read in several places that he's a major doubt for them and they have Distin and Jag out. It's obvious Everton will try and do what they did to WBA, fuck all and nick a goal. It's upto Villa to get at them and score, 2 goals ought to be enough. (Famous last words)

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
thats a serious kick in the teeth to Brad IMO. He's done well and though i think Given's better it seems AM has his untouchables

You are so melodramatic Greg. Given isn't an untouchable. He's the club's first choice goalkeeper and he didn't lose his place because of form. He got hurt and now he's fit he's first choice again. Yes it is hard on Guzan but that's what happens when you're a back up goalkeeper.

I'm don't think i'm being melodramtic really. If you've waited donkeys years for your chance, get it and perform well, and then get dropped as soon as the other guy is fit then i think a kick in the teeth is an accurate description, especially when others seem to be fixtures in the team however bad they play

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
with herd and cuellar out, choices are limited. almost certainly mcleish will revert to 442. only choice is which of the widemen ireland will replace. nzogbia I reckon will make way. I think we are better off with Ireland behind a lone frontman but that wont be the case here. Bringing back Given is the right choice too. Tough on Guzan who did well but hopefully he will have earned a move out of it anyway.

Given, Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Albrighton, Petrov, Clark, Ireland, Gabby, Bent

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »

Do Everton have a right winger? 

In any case I think the whole things been overplayed. He had a great game at Chelsea, for instance.

Not sure of the formation they will play but Donovan and Drenthe can play wide if instructed and Warnock does not have the composure to stay on his feet. He certainly is our weak link and that is saying something when you have got Hutton in your team .....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal