collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Olneythelonely
[Today at 04:34:09 PM]

FFP by Drummond
[Today at 04:33:36 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 04:31:41 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:22:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Risso
[Today at 04:19:35 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Olneythelonely
[Today at 04:34:09 PM]

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 04:33:36 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 04:32:53 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 04:31:41 PM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 04:30:13 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:26:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Striker Has Fewest Premier League Touches  (Read 28603 times)

Offline Simba

Re: Villa Striker Has Fewest Premier League Touches
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »
I am glad I don't work for him. He is constantly blaming the players. Consistantly referring to the team as 'them' and never 'us' or 'we'. He distances himself whilst taking no responsibility with this inferred crticism as a third party. However, if there is an improvement ( ie second half) he takes credit for his instructions being followed. And yes, Gabby being called a 'kid'...

He is defensive in more ways than one. It is bad enough that he has completely lost my support as a Manager but now I am beginning to loath him as a person.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
The way McLeish talks, his whole mindset is one of negativity.  The words and phrases he uses are the words and phrases of a man used to managing relegation outfits - and they don't wash with what we have at the club at the moment.  His whole mindest rubs off on the players and the club as a whole.... 

That's an interesting point BW. When we stuffed the Blues 5-1 and he made that comment about not being able to compete with us, and how Villa had a different agenda, I remember thinking how pissed off I'd have been if our boss had said something as defeatist as that about us.  However true it may have been, it's hardly going to raise self esteem, rally the troops and inspire confidence.  That kind of thing really does reveal a lot about AM's mindset, that sometimes he sounds as if he thinks he is beaten before he starts, and it equates to piss poor management in my view. 

Offline Compass

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
He is defensive in more ways than one. It is bad enough that he has completely lost my support as a Manager but now I am beginning to loath him as a person.

Same here. The amount of BS he spouts out is unreal, he lies all the time and is a backstabber too. Would he really care if he sent us down? Very doubtful considering he left the way he did when Blues were on the brink of administration.

Offline Iago

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »

Same here. The amount of BS he spouts out is unreal, he lies all the time and is a backstabber too. Would he really care if he sent us down? Very doubtful considering he left the way he did when Blues were on the brink of administration.
I agree to an extent. Does anybody on this forum actually know Alex McLeish in person?

We keep hearing how honest and amiable AM is. But there has been statements and actions made by AM that contradicts that view.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »
So do something about it then, you clueless muppet McLeish.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »
Plenty of managers are dealing with far less quality and are still managing to play some decent football and get results.

That's it in a nutshell for me.

Given that 11 of them are below us in the league there are not many, other than Newcastle and the usual suspects, getting better results than us.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »

Given that he's tried just about every combination possible from our midfield options I don't think you can accuse of him of not trying to something about it.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »

You manage to keep outdoing yourself for the bizarre invention of your posts.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »
Get rid.

I have not said much about McLeish until now. When he joined I wanted to give him time. I have suggested he was not a bad manager to friends and colleagues, but I didn't really believe it. I was just, you know, trying to be supportive.

But its clear he hasn't got the foggiest. Why with nifty little ball shifters like Bannanan, Herd, Jenas, Albrighton etc in Midfield do we keep playing dumb and dumber at centre back and the chuckle brothers at fullback?

Hoofball is embarassing to watch when effective, its soul destroying when its ineffective.

We have two of the best strikers in the league, and their supply line consists of Heskey and punts on to opposition defenders heads.

The Board are showing themselves to be clueless and the manager is a buffoon.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »

Given that he's tried just about every combination possible from our midfield options I don't think you can accuse of him of not trying to something about it.

Style of play. Instead of 'hoofball' and 'hit and hope', how about a little bit of pass and move, running off the ball, through-balls to feet?

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »

Style of play. Instead of 'hoofball' and 'hit and hope', how about a little bit of pass and move, running off the ball, through-balls to feet?

I wish the players would do more of it, I don't believe they're told not to. It's a confidence thing, in my opinion.

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
Chris you're so wrong, but as a regular observer of H and V I do find your last man standing approach to every debate quite entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »
The way McLeish talks, his whole mindset is one of negativity.  The words and phrases he uses are the words and phrases of a man used to managing relegation outfits - and they don't wash with what we have at the club at the moment.  His whole mindest rubs off on the players and the club as a whole.... 

That's an interesting point BW. When we stuffed the Blues 5-1 and he made that comment about not being able to compete with us, and how Villa had a different agenda, I remember thinking how pissed off I'd have been if our boss had said something as defeatist as that about us. 

Aye.   I remember at the time being chuffed with that.  Not just the result, but his acknowledgement -as B-lose- manager that the gulf in class was such that there was little he could do (bonus points to O'Neill afterwards for saying that beating a side like B-lose was not any kind of target to him, as we had far bigger priorities).

Deja vu after the Tottenham game a few weeks back. A part of me died when Big Eck rehashed that but just added 'Tottenham'  in place of Villa, after our lot bravely held onto a 0-2 defeat.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:22 PM »
Chris you're so wrong, but as a regular observer of H and V I do find your last man standing approach to every debate quite entertaining. Keep up the good work.

I'm sure you think you're a great expert and that 14 games is enough to decide definitively on a manager, you're wrong but don't let that stop you. Keep up the crap work.

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »
Chris bit touchy there, but its not 14 games really is it? He showed what he could do at birmingham over the course of several seasons.

I'm not an expert (same as you) but I know hoof ball when I see it and I can spot an international striker that is getting zero service.

As I say I'm not an expert, but its not just me, its an awful lot of other people who like good football and hate hoof ball. Including pundits who usually can't wait to tell us Villa fans how wrong we are.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal