collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Kit unveiled.  (Read 422157 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: New Kit Manufacturer?
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »

Meh.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2012, 10:38:22 AM »
I've said this before, I'll say it again. The only important thing on a Villa shirt is the Villa badge.  If you're a fan who can be persuaded to part with the thick end of £50 every 12 months for a piece of polyester that some far eastern sweatshop will have knocked up for £2.50, you'll continue to do so regardless of which brand logo is stitched on the other side of the chest. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »
I've said this before, I'll say it again. The only important thing on a Villa shirt is the Villa badge.  If you're a fan who can be persuaded to part with the thick end of £50 every 12 months for a piece of polyester that some far eastern sweatshop will have knocked up for £2.50, you'll continue to do so regardless of which brand logo is stitched on the other side of the chest. 

You don't want to stick the Villa badge on any old rag though. The club has standards you know. Makron - good God! :-(

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »
Macron would be miles better for us than Nike. For one we might get kits on time, kits that aren't copied from the French division, goalkeeper kits, and a better training range.

To put it simply, we'll get a company that is AWARE of our existence. Nike clearly aren't. Couldn't care less about the prestige of the name. They've still treated us like shit.

This.

The way Nike have behaved with us is nothing short of shambolic.  If Macron (whoever they are) had done that, everyone would've been on here saying that it's because we've got a shit shirt manufacturer and it was always going to happen, blah, blah, blah.  Because it's Nike, that gets ignored and everyone wants to keep them for the name.

No name is bigger than Aston Villa - not Nike, not Macron, not anyone.  If we get more money and a better service out of Macron because they actually want to work with Aston Villa then let's do it.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
Macron would be miles better for us than Nike. For one we might get kits on time, kits that aren't copied from the French division, goalkeeper kits, and a better training range.

To put it simply, we'll get a company that is AWARE of our existence. Nike clearly aren't. Couldn't care less about the prestige of the name. They've still treated us like shit.

This.

The way Nike have behaved with us is nothing short of shambolic.  If Macron (whoever they are) had done that, everyone would've been on here saying that it's because we've got a shit shirt manufacturer and it was always going to happen, blah, blah, blah.  Because it's Nike, that gets ignored and everyone wants to keep them for the name.

No name is bigger than Aston Villa - not Nike, not Macron, not anyone.  If we get more money and a better service out of Macron because they actually want to work with Aston Villa then let's do it.

All well and good, but their kits are shite, and the designs are tacky and downmarket. It's like the tat you'd buy in a rag market.
'Proud Future', my arse.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »

This.

All well and good, but their kits are shite, and the designs are tacky and downmarket. It's like the tat you'd buy in a rag market.
'Proud Future', my arse.

And being given a blatant rip-off of a French team's shirt from last year is a better alternative is it?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »

This.

'Proud Future', my arse.

And being given a blatant rip-off of a French team's shirt from last year is a better alternative is it?

It is actually. All kit manufacturers have templates which they tweak here and there, and Nike are no different. I couldn't give a damn that some obscure French team wore a similar kit, but I did care that we played in a kit that was manufactured by a firm who supply some of the best clubs in the world. Now we've been downgraded to wear kits from a shoddy looking company who create kits for lower league clubs who look like they bought their shirts off the shelves at Sports Direct. That's a big come down no matter how you try and dress it up.

Offline Summers

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
I can't believe that people would happily stay with Nike because it's Nike. Every kit they've made us has been badmouthed on here, which is fair enough - but when you consider they fucked up making a kit on time, didn't even bother producing 'keeper shirts for us to buy, and haven't done ANYTHING original for us.. it's a fucking joke.

Nike have mistreated OUR CLUB. If Macron are willing to treat us better, and actually put some work into our partnership we should be completely behind this deal. I don't care if previous kits have looked tacky, they're a company on the rise in the sport, and are trying to find better teams to work with - like us.

I'd rather have a company who is proud of working with us and treats us right, than a company who can't even bothered to get us original shirts, on time, and brought out properly.

Offline Summers

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »

This.

'Proud Future', my arse.

It is actually. All kit manufacturers have templates which they tweak here and there, and Nike are no different. I couldn't give a damn that some obscure French team wore a similar kit, but I did care that we played in a kit that was manufactured by a firm who supply some of the best clubs in the world. Now we've been downgraded to wear kits from a shoddy looking company who create kits for lower league clubs who look like they bought their shirts off the shelves at Sports Direct. That's a big come down no matter how you try and dress it up.

And the fact Nike decided we weren't important enough to get our kits out on time? Or that THEY downgraded what they'd make for us in terms of training gear AND replica kits?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »
I can't believe that people would happily stay with Nike because it's Nike. Every kit they've made us has been badmouthed on here, which is fair enough - but when you consider they fucked up making a kit on time, didn't even bother producing 'keeper shirts for us to buy, and haven't done ANYTHING original for us.. it's a fucking joke.

Nike have mistreated OUR CLUB. If Macron are willing to treat us better, and actually put some work into our partnership we should be completely behind this deal. I don't care if previous kits have looked tacky, they're a company on the rise in the sport, and are trying to find better teams to work with - like us.

I'd rather have a company who is proud of working with us and treats us right, than a company who can't even bothered to get us original shirts, on time, and brought out properly.

Take a look at some of the tacky, gaudy kits they've produced for other clubs and then come back and tell us you're looking forward to seeing them produce an Aston Villa kit.

Offline Summers

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
I already have. I'd still take them over Nike.

Are they my first choice? No, they're not. But I'd take them over Nike every time.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »

This.

'Proud Future', my arse.

And the fact Nike decided we weren't important enough to get our kits out on time? Or that THEY downgraded what they'd make for us in terms of training gear AND replica kits?

Honestly, if you think Nike downgraded us when it came to kits and training wear wait till you see some of the abominations Makron have produced over the years. Some of their stuff looks like someone threw up them.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »
I already have. I'd still take them over Nike.

Are they my first choice? No, they're not. But I'd take them over Nike every time.

Well all I can say then is that you must be easily pleased. I want our club be better. I don't want our kits supplied by a firm who Sunday league football teams would turn their noses up to them.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »
Couldn't care who it is.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »
Couldn't care who it is.

Why click on the thread then?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal