collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:50:50 AM]

Ollie Watkins by danno
[Today at 10:45:22 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by TaxDodger
[Today at 10:39:55 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:29:27 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stan Collymore  (Read 21100 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Stan Collymore
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
US has surpassed himself with level of stupidity and insensitivity,

Good luck with everything, Rodders.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
yes good luck Rodders. No matter how bad you think it is there is always someone worse off

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
Usual Suspect speaking Usual Bollocks. As expected as the sun coming up in the morning. His lack of any intelligence or common sense shines as brightly as a beacon on a crystal clear night for all to see and mock.

rodders - good luck sir. Hope things turn around soon for you.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
Stan Collymore is the biggest Villa fan in the media that I know of.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
So because of his "Illness" Collymore is able to physical assault women, go dogging on a regular basis whilst leaving his wife and kids at home and generally just do whatever he wants.

Bit convenient that.
It's not often I have a go at other posters but you are talking like a twat.  I take it you have never suffered from or had someone close to you suffer from depression.
Anyone who can blithely dismiss depression like you have  obviously has no understanding or compassion. Just because you cant see it it don't exist...

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »
I have to admit I was similarly ignorant of the condition at the same time, so I'm prepared to cut Gregory some slack as he only said things that lots of people thought in their (and my) ignorance.

So well done to him for at least helping awareness.  It's a physical illness just as much as breaking your leg or having cancer.

So what's the difference between being depressed about your life and actually having depression?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »
I have to admit I was similarly ignorant of the condition at the same time, so I'm prepared to cut Gregory some slack as he only said things that lots of people thought in their (and my) ignorance.

So well done to him for at least helping awareness.  It's a physical illness just as much as breaking your leg or having cancer.

So what's the difference between being depressed about your life and actually having depression?

Everyone is "depressed" about their life at times.

being clinically depressed involves far more than the regular "depressions" we all go through

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »
Thank you, everybody. Que sera...

Have just been reading SVC on Twitter; as he says, "the clouds will always lift" - just about the most important thing for anyone with depression to remember. Good on him for going public, as I can (now) attest; it can be cathartic. Your thoughts have uplifted me... so why am I sitting here with tears streaming down my face because of it...?

you have nearly started me off now !!
keep your chin up mate.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »
All the best Rodders, hope everything gets better for you  :)

As for collymore, i've hated the twat ever since he scored for the dippers and stood in front of the Holte gloating at us. Villa fan my arse.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Rather like "flu", depression has come to mean something totally different for the vast majority of the populace than the medical reality of the real thing.   So just like the many who have suffered a few days of a lousy cold find it difficult to comprehend that actually influenza is a killer, I suppose it is not surprising that some will find if difficult to realise that clinical depression is a rather different proposition than having Monday-morning blues.

I only have one experience of knowing a sufferer, and I know the toll it has taken on his family.  My sympathies go out to all sufferers.  I'd also like to think that, with hindsight, I can perhaps start to understand why Stan's career - and not just at the Villa - didn't quite ever reach the heights that his talent was capable of.   

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
I recall him saying he tried to commit suicide at one point by hanging himself off a tree.

Offline Holte End Stylist

• GM : 02.04.2023
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
usual suspect you are an ignorant ******

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
Rodders - I wish you the very best and hope you have somebody you can call on as a friend, who understands that you may not talk a lot, at times.  This too, shall pass, because it does.  Eventually!  And you'll get your life back.

If the drugs work for you and you can think straight and function with them, they are useful; your GP should be monitoring their effect on you and your illness, and will help when you feel that you are ready to move on.

I've been in this situation and I can only repeat - it does go away and you will be ok. (I had that written down in various places around the house, on the computer screen and in my purse!)  Very best wishes for your recovery.

And, for the thread, best wishes to Stan, who I like listening to on TS.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
usual suspect you are an ignorant c***
Don't beat about the bush. tell him what you think :)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »
usual suspect you are an ignorant c***

Please be aware that this is a site that is used by people of many ages, from teens (and possibly younger) up to OAPs.

This is a forum for debate and discussion. It is not intended to allow personal attacks (be it on individuals, groups of individuals or other forums), harassment, rudeness, insulting posts or purposeless inflammatory posts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal