collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul McGrath is releasing a single  (Read 16552 times)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: Paul McGrath is releasing a single
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 06:57:26 PM »
To be honest, if it keeps him out of trouble then it doesn't matter how bad it is as far as I'm concerned.

It's not brilliant but it's also not as bad as I was expecting.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
He's not very good at skimming stones is he, I reckon I could get at least 6 bounces more than him.

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
Erm, what can I say? ............ It's, erm, Paul McGrath, so it obviously can't be anything less than utterly marvellous, can it?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »
I'm buying it.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
Have you all taken leave of your senses? It's fucking terrible.

Still the best player i've ever seen in a Villa shirt though.

"the Emperor has no clothes on..." There's always a wanker little kid out there that points out the obvious.

Yes, he is the best player to have worn a Villa shirt in my time on this earth, and his greatness extends to much more than just that.

Err...pardon?

Offline Villanation

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2011, 08:30:42 PM »
If we only had him today......

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 08:44:24 PM »

It's not bad.

Yes it is.

Can't believe it took a page and a half. It's shit.

Offline gaucho1966

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
Should This be in off topic?

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2011, 12:53:12 AM »
Now.  Let's be brutally honest here.  Musically, it's not bad, but great it certainly ain't.  It's in the Robson & Jerome envelope - he sings it in tune, and quite nicely, but it's not exactly pushing any musical boundaries.  It's not Animal Collective or Battles.  It's X-Factor bland.  But what is absolutely fecking brilliant about it is that Mr McGrath is looking quite bloody well in that video.  He's sung a song for charity, he's let someone film him singing it on a beach and he looks as relaxed as if he was marking Alan Shearer out of a game.  Piece of piss.  That's worth celebrating.  If you've read his book (if you haven't you should, but it's not a comfortable read) you can't help but wonder what he's up to and where his head is at.  He could be doing a medley of Right Said Fred songs in a dress for what it's worth, point is he would appear to be alive and well and in an alright place.  That, I think, is brilliant. 

Offline willywombat

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 01:01:24 AM »
Well said mate, that sums it up nicely

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »

"the Emperor has no clothes on..." There's always a wanker little kid out there that points out the obvious.

Yes, he is the best player to have worn a Villa shirt in my time on this earth, and his greatness extends to much more than just that.

Err...pardon?

joke Chris old chap. Sorry if it didn't come over that way. I was agreeing with you and was just saying that you were the first to point out it was a miserable song after so many had kind of said it was good. Which it isn't.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:01:06 AM by toronto villa »

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2011, 01:26:59 AM »
Now.  Let's be brutally honest here.  Musically, it's not bad, but great it certainly ain't.  It's in the Robson & Jerome envelope - he sings it in tune, and quite nicely, but it's not exactly pushing any musical boundaries.  It's not Animal Collective or Battles.  It's X-Factor bland.  But what is absolutely fecking brilliant about it is that Mr McGrath is looking quite bloody well in that video.  He's sung a song for charity, he's let someone film him singing it on a beach and he looks as relaxed as if he was marking Alan Shearer out of a game.  Piece of piss.  That's worth celebrating.  If you've read his book (if you haven't you should, but it's not a comfortable read) you can't help but wonder what he's up to and where his head is at.  He could be doing a medley of Right Said Fred songs in a dress for what it's worth, point is he would appear to be alive and well and in an alright place.  That, I think, is brilliant. 

Nice post.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2011, 07:09:55 AM »

Nice post.

Nicely put.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2011, 08:10:56 AM »
The lyrics are fine, there's no problem there.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »

Err...pardon?

joke Chris old chap. Sorry if it didn't come over that way. I was agreeing with you and was just saying that you were the first to point out it was a miserable song after so many had kind of said it was good. Which it isn't.

Sorry, I was (still am!)tired and even grumpier. It is rubbish though isn't it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal