collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:25:59 PM]

VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:24:17 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:20:31 PM]

Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:15:54 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:06:40 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:25:59 PM]

Re: VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:24:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:20:31 PM]

Re: VAR by PaulWinch again
[Today at 07:20:28 PM]

Re: Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:15:54 PM]

Re: VAR by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 07:14:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Football Shirt Prices  (Read 7442 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Football Shirt Prices
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:39 PM »
The claret shorts were just cos Fulham wore white....

Why were the shorts a different shade of claret to the shirts?
Cos Nike are shit at getting things right for us - last season's fiasco an even better example!
I agree with Rip VF - forget the replica stuff and go retro: I love my 57 Cup winners striped shirt and I wear my 82 Champions of Europe shirt to almost every home game. The Mrs got me the Acorns one about 3 years ago as an early Christmas pressie and I wear that now and again. As someone else said I think the kids' shirts are pretty good value cos they wear them so much and they're easy to look after. £25 should be about right for the kids.

I'm a 1970's white away shirt man, myself. Pure style and quality.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Retro for me too. I have the Yellow with Blue trim div 3 away, European Cup Final (signed by that blonde haired young lad who played alongside Peter Withe) Champions Of Europe long sleeved with Davenports on the front and Champions Of Europe short sleeved plain front.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
On the topic of kit, I have recently posted a new article on my Blog which you can see on my sig. I wanted to know what fans think of the price of football shirts in the region given hard financial times at the moment. Any feedback would be great. FWIW i think kit is something that is important to fans as it is a way or representing your team and having an affinity to your club, something i think the claret shorts is causing a fuss over - same as black socks... its different. ON saturday a few people made points that the claret shorts did not look right. Is this really a cause for concern or is it Villa fans actually care about?

please see my sig for link on article

cheers guys
The claret shorts were just cos Fulham wore white....they usually wear black, so what the f**k was going on there I don't know....anybody? We'll be wearing white shorts on Sat.
IF I want to buy the shirt I tend to go to the club so they can have my money even tho' I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else and the club gets nothing. And it's usually for birthday/Christmas so kills 2 birds...

I don't like the look of the all claret kit either. We seemed to wear the claret shorts a lot last season (and always lost!) and it just didn't look right. I don't see why we needed to change as our home kit would have been fine on Saturday, with white shorts and black socks.

Before anyone says Fulham wore white shorts, I know that, but having watched other games in recent years this seems to be allowed, eg Man U v Man City, Blackburn v Arsenal, even Celtic v Rangers (off the top of my head) all games where both teams have worn white shorts, with no problem.

Maybe we're too keen not to do anything wrong. Remember the General saying we weren't allowed by the FA to wear the Black kit unless both our other kits clashed with the other team, hence we never wore it. This is obviously rubbish as Chelsea often rotate between 3 or 4 different kits, most of the time when there is no need for a change.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal