collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada 1874  (Read 174737 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Brigada 1874
« Reply #615 on: May 02, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »
Both spellings are valid I think:

granddad |ˈgranˌdad| (also grandad) noun informal - one's grandfather.

grandad |ˈgranˌdad|, Noun - variant spelling of granddad .

Offline peter w

« Reply #616 on: May 02, 2013, 11:05:43 PM »
Was it A Clive Dunn tribute then?

Offline freethinker

« Reply #617 on: May 03, 2013, 09:45:22 AM »
I think freethinker might be the steward who tried to pull the banner down on Monday because it was political!

I'm not a steward and I wouldn't have pulled the banner down anyway. I see from your website that you've been putting 'Aston Villa Anti-Fascists' stickers around Birmingham, using the classic 80s Villa badge for the design. Hardly a one-off protest against Di Canio then?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #618 on: May 03, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »
I think freethinker might be the steward who tried to pull the banner down on Monday because it was political!

I'm not a steward and I wouldn't have pulled the banner down anyway. I see from your website that you've been putting 'Aston Villa Anti-Fascists' stickers around Birmingham, using the classic 80s Villa badge for the design. Hardly a one-off protest against Di Canio then?

Surely if you're as "against fascism as the next man" you'll applaud such action.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #619 on: May 03, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
Grandad.
Granddad

...you're lovely, that's what we all think of you...

Offline freethinker

« Reply #620 on: May 03, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »
I'm opposed to fascism and I kind of admire them for getting off their arses and acting on their convictions. I don't see what the Aston Villa badge has to do with it though.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #621 on: May 03, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
Grandad.
Granddad

I can't be sure, but I think you may be mixing together Grandad and Grandma We Love You. Either way, thanks a lot for putting both songs in my head!

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:42 AM »
I'm opposed to fascism and I kind of admire them for getting off their arses and acting on their convictions. I don't see what the Aston Villa badge has to do with it though.

Because they're Villa supporters.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #623 on: May 03, 2013, 11:46:23 AM »
Grandad.
Granddad

I can't be sure, but I think you may be mixing together Grandad and Grandma We Love You. Either way, thanks a lot for putting both songs in my head!

You're thinking of "there's no one quite like grandma" by St Winifred's School Choir while I was quoting the Clive Dunne classic.

Offline freethinker

« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

Have you ever felt the need to wear a Villa badge with the words 'Football Club' replaced by your favourite political party / campaign / slogan?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »

Have you ever felt the need to wear a Villa badge with the words 'Football Club' replaced by your favourite political party / campaign / slogan?

Not particularly, but if someone wants to do such a worthwhile thing I don't have a problem with it.

Offline Doggtanyon

« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »

Not particularly, but if someone wants to do such a worthwhile thing I don't have a problem with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do we not all stand shoulder to shoulder with other Villa fans of different race, religion, beliefs, sexuality, skin colour etc and support the same team?  Isn't that a good enough reason to be a Villa anti-fascist ?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #627 on: May 03, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
Grandad.
Granddad

You're thinking of "there's no one quite like grandma" by St Winifred's School Choir while I was quoting the Clive Dunne classic.

Is this still a spelling thread or are we saying that St Winifred's School Choir were responsible for annexing the Sudetenland?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #628 on: May 03, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
Grandad.
Granddad

Is this still a spelling thread or are we saying that St Winifred's School Choir were responsible for annexing the Sudetenland?

There's no one quite like Grandma
You always understand
We'd do just anything for you
Like annexing the Sudetenland

"There's No one Quite Like Grandma" (reputed missing verse)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:26:22 PM by not3bad »

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #629 on: May 03, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
Grandma we love you
Grandma we do
Though you may be far away
Maybe killing a Jew

"Grandma We Love You" Original Version.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal