collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 5% Villa- Oliver Holt Interview  (Read 48510 times)

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: 5% Villa- Oliver Holt Interview
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 01:13:23 AM »
He didn't have to - we paid him straight off.

oh so you're saying it was all about the money then? well at least we agree on something.

No, I'm saying it looks like he thought he had a case for constructive dismissal. And it looks like the PL tribunal and the board of AVFC agreed with him.

look, this is a guy who protects his reputation and has no qualms about taking people to court if they upset him and letting the public see what he's unhappy about. Now all of a sudden he goes all shy on us and instead of taking us to a proper employment tribunal he opts for the kangeroo court route. Odd that.

Anyway i don't think he's ever denied walking out on us, just that he had his "reasons" that he refuses to expand on. Like someone claiming diminished responsibility after they shoot someone.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:16:46 AM by gregnash »

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 01:15:17 AM »

oh so you're saying it was all about the money then? well at least we agree on something.

No, I'm saying it looks like he thought he had a case for constructive dismissal. And it looks like the PL tribunal and the board of AVFC agreed with him.

look, this is a guy who protects his reputation and has no qualms about taking people to court if they upset him and letting the public see what he's unhappy about. Now all of a sudden he goes all shy on us and instead of taking us to a proper employment tribunal he opts for the kangeroo court route. Odd that.

Anyway i don't think he's ever denied walking out on us, just that he had his "reasons" that he refuses to expand on. Like some claiming diminished responsibility after they shoot someone.

Ok, so why would Randy et al allow him to do that, given how wronged they were? Surely a day in court would work for everyone?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 01:18:52 AM »

Anyway i don't think he's ever denied walking out on us, just that he had his "reasons" that he refuses to expand on. Like some claiming diminished responsibility after they shoot someone.

Ok, so why would Randy et al allow him to do that, given how wronged they were? Surely a day in court would work for everyone?

the cost?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2011, 01:21:29 AM »

the cost?

The costs, added to the remainder of the contract if the court found in MON's favour? Yep, I take your point.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
the cost full stop. the only reason that option exists is to stop it going to a court

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 01:24:51 AM »
Isn't the tribunal something all clubs agree to go to rather than a proper court?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »
Isn't the tribunal something all clubs agree to go to rather than a proper court?

Yeah, but if they don't reach agreement then surely the next step is a real court/arbitration?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2011, 01:27:40 AM »
I don't think you're forced to use it. Its just cheaper for all involved and as we've seen secret.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »

the cost?

The costs, added to the remainder of the contract if the court found in MON's favour? Yep, I take your point.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but the PL rules insist that every PL manager has a clause in their contract that forces them to go through a process of LMA mediation followed by a tribunal. Neither he nor the club had any choice about it.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 01:33:16 AM »

the cost?

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but the PL rules insist that every PL manager has a clause in their contract that forces them to go through a process of LMA mediation followed by a tribunal. Neither he nor the club had any choice about it.

You keep your piss to yourself. what happens when mediation fails? Curbishley, Keegan etc..?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 01:39:29 AM »
precisely. its just a way of stopping every sacked manager or those claiming constructive dismissal from taking it to a proper court, and lets face it 99% of managers could cobble together a case

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »
precisely. its just a way of stopping every sacked manager or those claiming constructive dismissal from taking it to a proper court, and lets face it 99% of managers could cobble together a case

Sorry, do you know what constructive dismissal means?

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 01:42:01 AM »

the cost?

You keep your piss to yourself. what happens when mediation fails? Curbishley, Keegan etc..?

Oh dear, I misquotedly aimed my piss at the wrong bonfire

If mediation fails, the tribunal makes a ruling. I don't think anyone has challenged a tribunal finding so far but they could if they felt they had a case.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
You're going to need to aim your last droplets at the right fire because I'm not sure whether I need to respond?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:59 AM »
I know probably any manager could come up with something he wasn't happy about during his time in charge that he could claim he resigned about. Just as in any job. Whether its nasty emails (AM) or not getting a blank cheque book (MON). allegedly

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal